Traxing advice/ experiences

Dribble

Hey all.

In the past, my girlfriend was expecting a letter to be sent. She had received a Trax #, and looked it up. It was with a 4 letter post service, and was us 2 us. The day it was shipped, it read that the office had received the item. Then it never updated past that. It also had an expected delivery date, and that date came and went, and it never updated, it just showed the same info. I forget how it turned out for her, but if you were in that situation what would you do? 

Woukd it have best to reach out to the person who sent the letter to ask their advice? Wpuld it be 'normal' for today's standards with all the delays ect? She didn't want to be in contact with the office dealing with her letter.

At the time, it was only a few days past the expected delivery date, how long should she have waited before reaching out to someone? Or would it have been best for her to just forget about it.

Thanks all, hope someone can give advice in case this ever happens again! 

@Dribble  yes, i would reach out to the sender and see what they say as they will have better ideas about shipping times.  You can also try other trackers (parcelsapp or 17track for instance) if the letter is coming international as they provide better info than the standard tracking via the 4-letter carrier as to what is happening on the senders end postal service.   Also, if the item is still in transit internationally, for instance by boat or whatever, it will not update.   I would not recommend getting in touch with the 4-letter service about any lost/missing items. 

@DoomKitty

Thank you for the advice. Yes I like 17 track. As I mentioned above, I was inquiring about us 2 us. I'll take the advice. Ty.

@Dribble  Ooops, missed the domestic part, sorry!  I would say the same advice really.   Its possible they live in an area that sees a high amount of congestion and delays.  Where i work we send out lots of domestic orders and most everyone arrives in the predicted time, but at least a few a month take ages longer and at least 1 a month vanishes.  We had an incident last year where somehow every single order we shipped that day just vanished.  The PO had no clue what happened or where the packages were.   Even if the vendor doesn't do reships, i always think its good to inform them so they are just aware.   I would wait at the very least a few weeks b4 leaving a review in their thread, just in case the package does suddenly move. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back