Turmeric

Moonbeamgirl

Due to my recent diagnoses, one which means no more NSAID's allowed, I went looking for alternatives to help reduce the inflammation and joint pain. I found on MD Anderson's site (top cancer center in the world) that studies have shown Turmeric to be effective. Trying it today (just with the spice i have, not the pill) along with cinnammin pills recommended on another site. So, for those with infamation problems, these two should be hepful.

For those with cancer, please read up on the studies of Turmeric and other spices and their ability to reduce metastosis and shrink tumors. 

Here are some useful research sites on the topic:

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/turmeric

http://www2.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/2011/01/turmeric-adds-spice-to-your-health.html

Hope this helps!

xoxoxo

Moonbeamgirl

Reactions: Cat
thanks for renewing my desire to continue with the turmeric. i have a nature's bounty brand in my cupboard that i use irregularly but ever since have been using daily along with a candida cleanse, i notice my mucous in my lungs thinning and less coughing. (i suspect myself of having sarcoidosis and a youtube video recommended turmeric and also alfalfa.) i am wondering if i continue the turmeric regularly after the candida cleanse if i'll eventually quit coughing when i overexercise (sometimes also at rest) due to the mucous that accumulates?

i also have exercise-induced asthma, have read about inflammation and why the mucous will happen, and do know that turmeric is known for anti-inflammatory properties.

so thanks again! i can't wait to read the links you suggested.

Reactions: Cat
I've read from a lot of sources that turmeric is useful, so I hope it works well for you. =)

I think it's admirable to look for relief from herbal products too and not go down the road of addictive PKs.

How has the turmeric worked out for you? I've just recently heard of its healing properties. How much are you spending on the product?

Turmeric does have a lot of benefits. It is also used for sore throat, cold, cough,etc . Mixing about to 1/2 a teaspoon to a a glass of warm milk and drinking it before going to bed does help. It is also used external to heal cuts and bruises. Its applied to reduce the blood flow from cut or bruises, minor ones though. 

Turmeric does have a lot of benefits. It is also used for sore throat, cold, cough,etc . Mixing about to 1/2 a teaspoon to a a glass of warm milk and drinking it before going to bed does help. It is also used external to heal cuts and bruises. Its applied to reduce the blood flow from cut or bruises, minor ones though. 
Is it true that it can help with cancer?

Last edited by a moderator:
It would not help curing cancer but it does tend to have the potency for anti-cancer activity. It slows down reproduction of cancer cells however in no means can be a substitute for doctor prescribed medicines.
Ok thanks for your input. That very similar to what I've recently heard. 

I've been taking turmeric for several years, I basically take it as a preventative because I have no inflamatory issues,  I've done a lot of research on all my supplements and turmeric has a lot of benefits. It's important to know that when taking turmeric that you have black pepper (piperine) with it. The black pepper makes it more absorbable to the body. I buy a good organic high potency brand that has the pepper in it already. There is a company that uses something else other than pepper in their turmeric, they claim the black pepper can upset the stomach, or interfere with some medications, but I havent had any issues with the turmeric I use. If you have arthritis, or any kind of health issue try turmeric, you can search online for its benefits and uses. It has been used as a spice for century's and as with many other supplements it does work in the medicinal arena as well, so, if you've thought about it try it and see how it works for you. Take is regularly and I think you will feel better within a few weeks time.

I was diagnosed with a form of cancer that gave me less the 5 year expetancy 6 years ago. These were the supplements I used as ogften as possible the 3 years post my surgery. Vit D, C, Mens daily multi, Reseveretrol, curcumin/tumeric plus pipperene, krill oil, garlic, dlpa, amongst a handfull of many other things.

Kratom and turmeric is my fav combo definitely potentates. If I use them together daily it looses effectiveness 

Kratom and turmeric is my fav combo definitely potentates. If I use them together daily it looses effectiveness 
Do you take capsules or a measured amount when taking with Kratom? I've read where it is a good potenator but not sure how much to take

My thoughts on anyone using Turneric or any supplement with Curcumins is that you’re almost certainly not reaping any health benefits of curcumins (the studies supporting its effects involve massive doses that’d be unrealistic to consumers) - UNLESS - you’re using a quality source product that also contains bioperine, a molecule extracted from piperines in black pepper. It does nothing on its own, really, but if it’s included in Turmeric or curcumin supplements it appears to enhance the bioavailability and usefulness of these supplements. Whereas turmeric or curcumin taken alone would be metabolized rapidly and thereby rendered useless, there is some solid evidence now that coadministration with bioperine permits drastically reduced dosages necessary for curcumin effects; bioperine seems to be a pseudo-inhibitor, blocking the molecular “spaces” on an enzymatic chain, and in doing so prevents the body’s own molecules that normally bind or react to initiate the particular enzymatic pathways in curcumin metabolism. I’m an idiot at explaining things, but please trust me on this or please chime in to correct me or add. I love supplements and use them for practically everything in my life, but I hate when products are formulated without any chance of the health effects.

Here, turmeric or curcumin supplements NEED something extra for bioavailability and uptake, biosperine from black pepper is a common such additive that you should ensure is included!

Quick abstract on topic: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9619120/

Tumeric mixed with black pepper helps enhance Kratom and extend the effects i like that alot, the sore bought works but its not as effective as the combo

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back