Two Otc Meds That Will Give False Positive - Per Mayo Clinic - Good Excuse!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Afrin (nasal spray) and its generics make you positive for speed/meth

Prevacid and other like antacids make you test positive for weed.

I used to have randoms urine teats all of the time and if i tested positive for these, i printed up the info from the mayo site and presented it to my boss. I have never used speed but i smoke every day and this info has come in real helpful for me.

Wonder if Tagamet also could do that - it would be great for it to have a "double purpose" (also theoretically a potentiator of SOME opiates) LOL. Anyway, thanks for the info!

Hi @Catinthehat,

Thanks!  Great info.  I use Afrin during allergy season and in my line of work this could be a real problem if I came in positive.

Regards,

PR

Welcome. Thats when i use it too. I am lucky i had an understanding boss.

My Gf is hooked on Afrin, if she doesn't have it. her nasal passages go into over drive. I never figured a nasal spray could be such a serious habit. I'll loook into the Tagamet. Thxs Opiated-

Afrin should be scheduled. I am totally strung out on it now from having a cold. Hooked... Thanks Cat great info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good info CH. I'll be taking a p test sometime in the future for a new job when I get it.

This may sound dumb....  but if you take prescribed trams then take an old vic that was laying around, will that affect a UA?

Tramadol will NOT show up on a standard urine panel - not sure about Vic.

HTH

Bloom

sweet so if get caught for weed at work on a random i can say prevacid

This may sound dumb....  but if you take prescribed trams then take an old vic that was laying around, will that affect a UA?
I'm not an expert in drug testing but we all know about half life. If you were to take one pill it would probably be out of your system in 3-4 days for drug testing. It's just when we start taking something regularly or more than is required is when it takes longer to clear your system.

If you used Vicodin for months it would probably show up for at least a week or two. But one and done and it clears your system much more quickly. I am just giving my opinion. There are some fairly accurate home testing kits you can buy. I actually tried to prove if they were accurate and they seemed to be.

One time I took a few Vicodin for a couple of days and a few days before that I took a Percocet. Now remember one is an opiate and the other is an opioid. So I took two different at home test about a week after the Vicodin but at least a week plus a couple of days for the Percocet.

The at home test showed negative for the perc but positive for the vic. Now the vic probably should have been negative too even though it was longer than 3 or 4 days according to half life  but  since I took the vics for a few days in a row that probably caused the clearing period to be extended slightly.

Again this is just my opinion. Please do your own research too.

I'm not an expert in drug testing but we all know about half life. If you were to take one pill it would probably be out of your system in 3-4 days for drug testing. It's just when we start taking something regularly or more than is required is when it takes longer to clear your system.

If you used Vicodin for months it would probably show up for at least a week or two. But one and done and it clears your system much more quickly. I am just giving my opinion. There are some fairly accurate home testing kits you can buy. I actually tried to prove if they were accurate and they seemed to be.

One time I took a few Vicodin for a couple of days and a few days before that I took a Percocet. Now remember one is an opiate and the other is an opioid. So I took two different at home test about a week after the Vicodin but at least a week plus a couple of days for the Percocet.

The at home test showed negative for the perc but positive for the vic. Now the vic probably should have been negative too even though it was longer than 3 or 4 days according to half life  but  since I took the vics for a few days in a row that probably caused the clearing period to be extended slightly.

Again this is just my opinion. Please do your own research too.
HB, I'm exposing my ignorance a bit here, but after 6 years I never knew there was a difference between opiate & opioid.  Perhaps that's why I prefer one over the other?  No testing for me, thank God, but I had to ask that question.  Can you touch upon that difference a bit more?  I would appreciate it /default_smile.png

Tramadol will NOT show up on a standard urine panel - not sure about Vic.

HTH

Bloom
Nope...Not unless they test for it specifically...I prefer fake urine..It settles all the problems with drug tests! /default_cool.png

I was on long term perc treatment prior to a back surgery. I took ONE sub 8 days before a test, just one to try it and I tested positive for it. Couldn't believe it. 8 days. Don't know if it was because I had been on percs for 2 years (I know the 2 drugs aren't the same) but maybe my body hung on to them longer I don't know but I was dropped that day because of it by my pm doc. There was no excuse for sub in my urine. I'll never take one again. I wish I knew a way to just clear the amount in my system. My levels may be higher than they should be. My new doc has mentioned it. I'm not off the hook crazy but a few extra here and there. **Anyone know a way to get it out of your system faster. Water, vitamins etc ??**

Side note, most of the docs in maryland have full panel ruined now. The one I'm at now has things like lyrica, Bp meds and tram, etc. The last 3 docs had full page tests. And these tests cost me $80 more a month out of pocket. Doc said Maryland has some strict rules and most legit pm docs test and differentiate for everything. What do they care, they pass the extra cost onto the patient

HB, I'm exposing my ignorance a bit here, but after 6 years I never knew there was a difference between opiate & opioid.  Perhaps that's why I prefer one over the other?  No testing for me, thank God, but I had to ask that question.  Can you touch upon that difference a bit more?  I would appreciate it /default_smile.png
In the U.K, the term opiods has been used for some 10 years now. Opiates was the term before that but they are both one and the same here. I know because I asked and not just one person. I also avidly read the doctors prescribing guide the BNF and MIMMS. Both are available if you look. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back