United Airlines

Mike

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar. During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded: “Good luck with that one, pal.â€

So he posted a retaliatory video on youtube. The video has since received over 6 million hits. United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: “Good luck with that one, pal.â€

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in orders. Here’s the video, and it’s GREAT! A Must Watch; http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Last edited by a moderator:
well done to the guy,next time they will think twice how to treat little people those big corps.

That was a great story with a good revenge ending to it. I laughed for quite a while.

What has happened to the airline business? I remember flying in the 80's and they had such hot flight attendants and the meals and drinks were great. And if you missed you flight they hooked you up with a transportation, hotel, meals, and a new flight. Nothing close to what we get now.

Thats awesome ! Thanks for that story Casablanca, ..........sweeeet sweeeet revenge, I wonder what they offered him as a settlement to pull it down

You could easily add or substitute Air Canada into the lyrics of that brilliant home made song and I think most people in Canada would agree with it.

Air Canada has got to be one of the absolute worst airlines on planet Earth. I've never flown on an airplane where the stewardess are continually so old and cranky; and actually yell at the passengers to sit down or move out of the way. If it wasn't for their strong union, 99% of the miserable old bats would be fired or thrown out the emergency exit door at 30,000 feet.

@Casablanca Flying now is a Greyhound bus with wings. I agree how things have changed, started flying in the 70's. Man what a difference then

I definitely like United, but they suck at handling luggage. I have probably gone through 7 suitcases in the last 3 years. They just dont care. Other then that, they are a good airline.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back