US Nationwide USPS Slow Down(Stuck In Transit)

paletto10

For the last 2-3 months I have noticed a lack of tracking updates and the notorious "In Transit" update. Almost all of my USPS packages have shown up past their predicted delievery dates. Priority express is always a day behind and not worth the money anymore.
Packages seem to be in and out of customs with no problems but as soon as they are turned over to USPS they are dead in the water.
Curious if others on this board have been experiencing the same problems and if anyone knows what is going on.

Maybe there's less workers or weather issues... I think it depends on the area. My area has been decent. But I've noticed tracking isn't updating with details like it used to.

I have a package in the mid-west that got through customs in 24 hours and is now sitting. Two months ago, I had something similar on the West Coast....took a week to leave LA. I guess I'm not alone.

I have a package in the mid-west that got through customs in 24 hours and is now sitting. Two months ago, I had something similar on the West Coast....took a week to leave LA. I guess I'm not alone.
Per the vendor I had to start a missing mail request to get my package moving again. Mine was stuck in the notorious Midwest ISC facility as well.

Per the vendor I had to start a missing mail request to get my package moving again. Mine was stuck in the notorious Midwest ISC facility as well.
Hmmmm, I don't ever remember having a package go through that ISC facility.....sounds like such is common.

Hmmmm, I don't ever remember having a package go through that ISC facility.....sounds like such is common.
Count yourself lucky. Most of my packages go through that facility and it's like playing Russian roulette.

my magazines that used to arrive in 2-4 days after shipment have started taking 4-8 days. the vendor always ships in 24-48hrs from the same place. The only change has been usps going from expected date to unknown date, and "in transit" or "moving through network" for days. All priority packages.

its very random lately. I would be waiting on one. order another, and the second one got here before the first.

Understaffed, way to many packages to sort and scan. I'm not sure about the reason for the delay but at least for me they are real and unpredictable. (it happens with all my usps deliveries as of late)

Over the past year or so, the tracking became so erratic that I finally quit using it at all. By that time, it would show items undelivered that I had in my hot little hands, items pending delivery that cames days later than they said, even one magazine that made it all the way to my local (down the street) facility, then went "missing" at the PO and ended up "returned to sender" (LOL, yeah, that didn't go too well, it got snagged by the sender's Customs on it's way back!)

So I just turned off the function. Stuff comes when it comes. Or not.

Over the past year or so, the tracking became so erratic that I finally quit using it at all. By that time, it would show items undelivered that I had in my hot little hands, items pending delivery that cames days later than they said, even one magazine that made it all the way to my local (down the street) facility, then went "missing" at the PO and ended up "returned to sender" (LOL, yeah, that didn't go too well, it got snagged by the sender's Customs on it's way back!)

So I just turned off the function. Stuff comes when it comes. Or not.
I'm experiencing the same more and more. I wonder if it's just a matter of their systems can't handle the volume. I have 2 right now that haven't updated - one in 5 days and another in 3 days. I'd like to believe and do that they are moving.

Reactions: CBL
I'm experiencing the same more and more. I wonder if it's just a matter of their systems can't handle the volume. I have 2 right now that haven't updated - one in 5 days and another in 3 days. I'd like to believe and do that they are moving.
I talked with my (local) mail delivery guy last week. He said that there are so many staffing problems throughout the USPS that it leads to lots of erratic things happening. These folks are basically on a delivery "clock" so they end up doing whatever is "necessary" to finish out a shift, up to and including actually not delivering batches of mail destined for the end of their routes (some days.)

Bottom line, doing the electronic scanning that is a necessary part of keeping the Tracking system updated and reliable, has become a low(er) priority to the people doing that work - they are mostly focused on getting peoples' actual mail delivered. Which is cool, I guess, given the situation.

"Stuff comes when it comes. Or not." And I just don't need the extra aggravation that I would experience, when I was always checking on item status. As always, no judgement, YMMV. :)

@Softee Did the 2 finally /hopefully appear ?
If so, did you get an updated scan ? I got one they have a week and I get an automated “!n trans..” every night at approx same minute of hour. I don’t know why and of course I have to keep faith like you.

Just wanted to add a tidbit many of you may know. This carrier is now doing Amazon again. A stray item may still come with others but they received the contract. You can imagine the increase in flow. They are still sorting it out.

@Softee Did the 2 finally /hopefully appear ?
If so, did you get an updated scan ? I got one they have a week and I get an automated “!n trans..” every night at approx same minute of hour. I don’t know why and of course I have to keep faith like you.
Those 2 did in fact show up, yes. Since then, I've had one that cleared Ku5toms, pass through the big sorting facility where it has stopped for almost a month. I'd like to believe it's not a loss, but I've lost hope on that one.

Those 2 did in fact show up, yes. Since then, I've had one that cleared Ku5toms, pass through the big sorting facility where it has stopped for almost a month. I'd like to believe it's not a loss, but I've lost hope on that one

@Softee So if I understand -one came home and one is still wandering off ?

I don’t know what is going on with my Pony X mag. I donated shortly before St pattys day. The vend is in Beatle land. It swam the pond and cleared Ku5zs and gave me impression it was on the right path. But it’s not updated me with whereabouts since the clearance sale. I was getting robotic notes almost precisely same minute for 5 days. Then it stopped last wkend. And you really can’t say much or investigate the crumb trail since it’s not a box of chocolate covered cherries! And even if I could inquire, the Pony Peeps has NO cust serv! Nuttin! And no Google search about the service gives any clear indication. I can’t understand how AWFUL these peeps are compared to Brown and 5-ledder. Yet I read others that reside so much farther in Homeland than where I sit all get ! I wish I could understand why it’s going on 3 weeks. Very frustrating AND the vend refuses to answer my simple request to ensure proper @ddy was used. Self proclaimed “we’ve been here 15 yrs…trust us… “ at the start. Not how I want to be treated although the Pony peeps are my prob. At the moment.

Are/were your in pony x press as well ?

Edit- actually they do have a sort of cust. Srv- but it’s social med. via “X”, FBook, etc. people who read from scripts and respond with info you already know from mob. @pp. kinda useles majority of the clock.

Jimmy you have done all you can do. Just be patience but it seems off color…. That sucks. Keep us informed. The longer they delay, the more change you may should turn it down if there is anything unusual about it. I’ve seen defense make a play literally at the last moment. It can happen. Here is to hoping you see a better Monday! If it’s showing in your feed…they know the addy. So take a deep breathe my friend. This too shall pass.

@Softee So if I understand -one came home and one is still wandering off ?

I don’t know what is going on with my Pony X mag. I donated shortly before St pattys day. The vend is in Beatle land. It swam the pond and cleared Ku5zs and gave me impression it was on the right path. But it’s not updated me with whereabouts since the clearance sale. I was getting robotic notes almost precisely same minute for 5 days. Then it stopped last wkend. And you really can’t say much or investigate the crumb trail since it’s not a box of chocolate covered cherries! And even if I could inquire, the Pony Peeps has NO cust serv! Nuttin! And no Google search about the service gives any clear indication. I can’t understand how AWFUL these peeps are compared to Brown and 5-ledder. Yet I read others that reside so much farther in Homeland than where I sit all get ! I wish I could understand why it’s going on 3 weeks. Very frustrating AND the vend refuses to answer my simple request to ensure proper @ddy was used. Self proclaimed “we’ve been here 15 yrs…trust us… “ at the start. Not how I want to be treated although the Pony peeps are my prob. At the moment.

Are/were your in pony x press as well ?

Edit- actually they do have a sort of cust. Srv- but it’s social med. via “X”, FBook, etc. people who read from scripts and respond with info you already know from mob. @pp. kinda useles majority of the clock.
Yes, it has wandered off is probably a good way to describe it. I’ve seen this now twice in 5 years at the exact same spot but hard to tell given scan inconsistency.

Jimmy you have done all you can do. Just be patience but it seems off color…. That sucks. Keep us informed. The longer they delay, the more change you may should turn it down if there is anything unusual about it. I’ve seen defense make a play literally at the last moment. It can happen. Here is to hoping you see a better Monday! If it’s showing in your feed…they know the addy. So take a deep breathe my friend. This too shall pass.
15 days after donating. Only to discover it was nothing like both parties agreed to. The tune was one way before arrival - then the tune changed to “we told you that’s what it was to read !” - complete 360 on me. I won’t be visiting that store again ! Arrogant bandits to say the least!

Hey is this something that is bugging a lot of you friends like it is me ? I’ve noticed this complaint going back to last year in this forum and various places over the site

If your mag vendor is using Pony X and gives or you find an ID, the gross lack of updates from the accepted stage to hopefully the Uber drop off is getting SO bad IMO. I know better than to describe my least favorite rest stop. But for example , I know if my mags go there to fuel up and I have a train schedule saying my mags are coming to town at approx around early dinner time, it’s almost a guarantee that no indication that they’ve hit the road or are still fueling up and browsing the gift shops is going to be given.

So it makes me wonder HOW is this mag family planning on making it on time for dinner if I don’t hear from the rest stop!

No sk@nz, no nothing. Just a pre-determined ETA up on the screen as we sit and hope and watch and refresh thinking it’s a network issue.

But no one will show up for dinner at least tonight

But aside from maybe X marks the spot help, you really don’t want to ask since the mags aren’t simple as Amazon.

Tonight I have a couple groups of relatives coming and we’re supposed to be here a few hours ago. But that ETA diminished.

And you wonder WHAT is the problem with Pony people ? I thought the EZ Pass was used frequently for our ability to follow.

But these days it’s donate, wait, sit, watch, and hope your friends don’t blow you off
And somehow some kind of clear “ah ok that’s where they are !” moment appears.

But lately the Cliff Claven crew is really pathetic as far as any info. And as I said, there really is no place to ask since it’s wiser too just wait and hope..

I’m sure they will pull up probably tomorrow but WHY did Cliffs boys say today ??

Irritating ! 😠

Why is it becoming so popular for vendor to create a magazine label with Pony X, and then as you watch, it seems 24hrs or lots of times more hours then take place before it’s even given to Pony X ? Any priority requested is pretty much diminished since now the magazines are treated very similar to a regular standard letter sent to mom at Christmas speed wise !

Why is it becoming so popular for vendor to create a magazine label with Pony X, and then as you watch, it seems 24hrs or lots of times more hours then take place before it’s even given to Pony X ? Any priority requested is pretty much diminished since now the magazines are treated very similar to a regular standard letter sent to mom at Christmas speed wise !
they probably buy the postage for each subscription as they go and at the end of the day drop all of them off at once. then you have to wait until the drop box gets emptied until your mag can get scanned which may very well be the next day depending on when it usually gets emptied. thats what i assume is happening there

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back