Using a former site that I was not happy with

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris1
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris1

I used i website like this one but this one is 1000x better.  The other site is all about how good they are and they they are number 1. Well I’m sorry to break the news to you but DBG Is the best in the business in my opinion. Hands down. Have a great day ✌️✌️

I agree.  It's similar to the difference you often feel when dealing with adults vs teenagers.  Everyone, for the most part, have gone through some shit, seems well seasoned (no offense intended), and mature.  Not to mention this community sticks together and the mods are "real."  They are most often defending members, solving problems, and offering guidance so much more so than focusing on laying down the hammer. Part of it is that everyone is willing to help.  It's like we have another level of senior members (mini-mods) helping and keeping things moving in the right direction (the co-op structure comes to mind).  Anyway, I've thought about it a lot because it has a unique feel when comparing to peers over time..  The dynamics are interesting, especially since I have been involved in tons of other boards over a long period of time.  What are the little tweaks that make us us.  Sorry, that sounded stupid.  Anyway, thanks mods for making this a safe place for the right people consistently over time.  Maybe it's that only information is sought and given here and it's in everyone's best interest to promote both sides.  Okay, I'm going to stop typing what I'm thinking.

Long live DBG!

Ooh, sorry for language.  I can't remember if that's a no no here or not.

@chchtwo Couldn’t agree more! I have a deep and abiding fondness for the system on which the site operates. It definitely is a more experienced, knowledgeable crowd here than I’ve seen on any other drug related forum. The paywall really helps filter out idiots, but just as important is the community culture. If you come onto this site asking really stupid, indiscreet questions, or questions that really obviously violate site rules, people likely won’t help you. Or if you ask questions that are answered in really prominent places on the forum. This has the effect of discouraging people who are too lazy or stupid to find things out for themselves.

I try to practice this deliberately myself, choosing not to answer when people ask questions that are answered prominently in the forum(things like “how do I donate?”). If they can’t be bothered to take the few seconds to check to see if their question has already been answered elsewhere on the forum, then they are either dimwitted/lacking in resourcefulness, or lazy/inconsiderate, etc. 

@LunaLovegood Those are excellent points.  I think you are on point with the paywall.  That eliminates a lot of undesirables.  We seem to attract a responsible, independent, experienced members.  At least those that stick around.  I can see we have a heavy concentration of intelligence in various forms.  Agreed on the question thing, that's how you navigate any forum/board.  You figure it out.  Read, search, post.  👍

Used to use RC vendors forum, it got absolutely overrun (still is) by spam and there's basically no moderation.

@Phanatic89 Yes. We are lucky to have such wonderful mods here. They really do work incredibly hard to look out for us members. I can say this from personal experience. It’s not the Wild West, like some fora. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's good to have a rather active and moderated community. I feel like I can trust the tried and true vendors.

There are others Forums out there I use. I do wish I found DBG way sooner than I did. It's been helpful in so many different ways and still is the more I continue to read here. Since day 1 finding DBG... I read something or post something as often as I can almost daily sometimes. Depends on my frame of mind that day. I don't ever want to come on here and spread any negative vibes or feel like I'm receiving them either. 

I think we all have our bad days though and I think that everyone here is glad to be or they should be imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back