vacuum sealing your meds

Def_Starr

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
just wondering, i will not mention any vendors, but some like to  Vacuum seal without Air when meds are shipped, since some of my meds are still in vacuum seal since the beginning of the year? should i be fine, are they crushed if i dont open them for a long time, and than turn into a powder? should i open it , it be a pain to re-vacuum seal em again. Its so time consuming to make sure its aligned perfect for the vacuum sealer machine.

i just want to keep them sealed as long as i need to , meaning when it comes time to get to that batch obviously:/

i think i am hoarding :/

I think it's very doubtful that the vacuum sealing crushed any of your tablets, and if it was to, it would have happened as soon as the package was sealed; that's when all the 'crushing' goes on. Leaving them in that seal for another few months or longer shouldn't make them any more likely to be damaged.

For storage of pills, I much prefer airtight pill tubs. They're very easy to buy online, and you can put silica gel sachets and o2 absorbers in the tubs as well for good measure. I store mine like that and feel quite content with it.

Hope that helped! =)

I think it's very doubtful that the vacuum sealing crushed any of your tablets, and if it was to, it would have happened as soon as the package was sealed; that's when all the 'crushing' goes on. Leaving them in that seal for another few months or longer shouldn't make them any more likely to be damaged.

For storage of pills, I much prefer airtight pill tubs. They're very easy to buy online, and you can put silica gel sachets and o2 absorbers in the tubs as well for good measure. I store mine like that and feel quite content with it.

Hope that helped! =)
Great minds *do* apparently think alike.  And Amazon.com, you, filthy enabler, you... ;)

Congrats again, by the way, @Smoka90.  Well deserved.

V/R

- b2g

Last edited:

Hope that helped! =)
02 absorbents are those lil packets you find in protein powder tubs or whatnot, those lil packets your referring to?

@Def_Starr - The silica gel packets are the ones in packets of beef jerky or sliced pepperoni, but I've never had to use them - We go through so much Ibuprofen and Excedrin around here I just keep the 02 absorbers (those little canisters provided by the manufacturer that drive you nuts when they are in the way of a pill coming out of the bottle) from the empty OTC meds and use them ;)

V/R

- b2g

@Def_Starr The sachets should say on them whether they're silica gel (dessicant) or an 02 absorber. But I wouldn't use any of them if they've been in a med tub before. I know that on my o2 absorber packet it says they can be fully used up when exposed to air for 10 minutes or longer. So with them it really is a case of longer term storage.

I think it will be a similar story with silica gel, they'd be most likely used up if used for a second time. I read someone claiming that they actually release moisture when fully loaded. I think that's nonsense, but they will have probably reached full absorbtion.

So this does lead to me suggesting to buy them new, but with silica gel, they're so, so cheap it shouldn't be an issue. o2 absorbers are a little bit more expensive, but with airtight packing, you really shouldn't need them... Also, once I bought dessicants and it wasn't silica gel, it was actually clay. So make sure what you're buying is silica gel...Also don't buy colour indicating stuff, they're not as inert and I, personally, wouldn't want it going in with meds etc.

Sorry about all the ranting...I just love my dessicants. =)

@Back2Good Thank you for the congratulations. Meep. =)

By God, I learn something new here every day.  Thanks for the clarification @Smoka90 - All these years I've been using the 02 absorbers from empty med tubs, wasting my time.

Great information, thank you.  Where would one obtain new, unused ones if one were so inclined? ;)

V/R

- b2g

I buy mine from ebay...erm, I'm not sure if I can link to the one I buy, I don't want to break any rules...plus, I'm not sure if you're in the same country as me...

But yeah, ebay, there's loads for sale. Make sure it's in tyvek packaging too.

Ah, hang on...are we talking about silica gel? Like I said, there's honestly no need for o2 absorbers if using airtight packaging/vacuum packing. Take my word for it. =)

But with silica gel, about 50 small sachets only cost a few pounds/euro/dollars, very, very cheap. =) If storing tablets, what I'd do is get an airtight pharmaceutical med tub (doesn't matter if that one is used for the second time.) Half fill it with the meds. Then put one small silica gel sachet in. Then put the rest of the meds in. Make sure it's sealed fully. Then you're sorted! I'm very OCD with this sort of thing, and I feel happy with that system. You also need to be careful to keep it away from extreme temperature variations. Storing out of sunlight would be a bonus, but ideally, an airtight med tub would protect against sunlight anyway.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with matey. =)

In a bottle of msj 2mg clonazepam i just got not to long ago had a silica thing sealed in the bottle when i opened it and broke the seal for the 1st time i pulled it out

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back