vends banning people from posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaSofia

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
What’s the deal with what I’ve heard about a vend banning people from posting on their thread bc they’ve said things that the vend just doesn’t want in their thread? Like negative experiences.

Im rather naive to whether a vend can band a member or if they need permission from admin or if they go to an admin to request someone be banned? I remember being banned for a minute a vend’s 🩺 now DEFUNCT thread for telling the truth. At the time he had such a well-curated shill club that my complaint likely stood out as being the crazy one - but he was soon exposed for the abusive person he was.

Anyway my real point is people are being banned from a well known international vendor thread for posting reviews that may not be so positive. The mix of reviews in his thread are so hot and cold already.

The censorship of reviews (barring the ones that are just relentless rants and spew way too much info), is unacceptable. People make purchasing decisions based on reviews (unfortunately, some only use reviews to make decisions). Don’t do that. Reviews are sometimes shaped out of fear, intimidation, etc. because people who are ill and dependent and vulnerable aren’t as forthcoming as they would like to be for fear of being cut off. It’s those very people who need to see honest reviews the most.

I wish there was a way to create an anonymous review method but I’m afraid that may be abused in a different way. Perhaps one day admin/mods can decide on a group of trusted long time members that can leave anonymous reviews that others can read and there will be less concern about upsetting a vend. And maybe, just maybe, something could change for the better. If I my slightly.

Of course there would be biases involved to a certain degree but I’m sure the benefits outweigh the risks. We need a safe space. Just an idea for the future.

In the meantime it’s not right that a vend can ban someone from posting their experience. No one wants to tarnish a good vends reputation for the hell of it. And Im not gonna call out this vend bc it’s not hard to figure out if you’ve been around. But it’s just not cool. We shouldn’t feel powerless here or scared to speak up.

These are just my thoughts. I’ve seen tons of comments here and there that echo my sentiments so I thought i would just open things up for discussion if you want to add anything.

Thank you for listening. Be safe. Talk to people. Don’t put too too much weight on reviews. PM’s sometimes tell a different story.

-AS

This is not entirely correct, to start vendors can not ban members. Negative feedback is not deleted unless there is a continuous flooding of thread with the same issue. Positive and negative experiences are both welcome, that’s why this forum is around.

There is no need to post the same over. To maintain the order and avoid clogging of topics, repeated bickering on same post will get you banned from the topic. These things should first try to get solved by emailing/PM vendors, if not settled a follow up post is acceptable.

It is a two way street here, vendors are also blackmailed for freebies, discounts, refunds etc., and threatened with negative feedback for whatever reason. There are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Everyone is encouraged to speak up as long as the reviews are genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back