Veterans Area

Hi guys and girls. I'm an ex soldier and due to active services in1990, I lost 5 pals in a 1000 bomb.

i know that there is a lot of support  on DBG and its important to talk about issues, I'm not to sure how the moderators would negotiate this issue, whether ex soldiers suffering from PTSD, GAD would benefit from an area of DBG website where soldiers can talk to soldiers, ex soldiers talking to serving soldiers about mental health.

i wish that when I had my break down that there were people that could have helped me in some way but back then PTSD wasn't even recognised.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated, thank you kindly, johnny

Greetings brother - I did one hitch on active duty, 5-21 Infantry Regiment at Fort Ord, then the 7th Infantry Division (back when they were designated a "Light" Infantry Division) Long Range Surveillance Detachment (LRSD, again, at Fort Ord), as our British cousins say, I had two good little wars, Just Cause (Panama) while I was with the 7th's LRSD  in from '89 - '90 (so you and I may have chewed some of the same dirt), then recalled to active duty from the USAR for Kosovo from '99 - '01, attached to 1-26 Infantry Regiment.  I retired from the National Guard in '03, right before the current goat rope in the Middle East started - Too old to be of use in that kind of fight, I guess the Army figured.

Anyway, I'm a retired fellow vet with 23 years of combined Active / Guard service under my belt - The 40% VA disability check ain't much, and the retirement check damn sure ain't much, but Tricare is nice, as long as you don't go to a VA hospital - More brothers walk or are carried into those than walk or are carried out.  If you ever need to talk, give me a shout.

Last edited:
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back