Viibryd?

Broadway2282

My Dr just put me on this new antideppressant. Anyone ever tried it? I've used most all of the Antideppressants and have resorted to using the newer ones only as I have tried most all the old ones through the years. My dr diagnosed me as Manic since I quit my Prozac cold turkey - mistake I know. This one is expensive but I'm willing to pay if it works. Likely going to have to take a leave from work since my symptoms are so bad. That's better than the psych ward again. My dr also prescribed me the strongest strength Val 2x a day. Wow? I'd be passed out on the floor if I took 2 of those a day! Lol that's how messed up I am I guess. Any thoughts on this new med would be most appreciated. I was wanting one that would not make me gain weight or kill my sex drive - tall order for an antidepressant. 

My Dr just put me on this new antideppressant. Anyone ever tried it? I've used most all of the Antideppressants and have resorted to using the newer ones only as I have tried most all the old ones through the years. My dr diagnosed me as Manic since I quit my Prozac cold turkey - mistake I know. This one is expensive but I'm willing to pay if it works. Likely going to have to take a leave from work since my symptoms are so bad. That's better than the psych ward again. My dr also prescribed me the strongest strength Val 2x a day. Wow? I'd be passed out on the floor if I took 2 of those a day! Lol that's how messed up I am I guess. Any thoughts on this new med would be most appreciated. I was wanting one that would not make me gain weight or kill my sex drive - tall order for an antidepressant. 
I'm more than interested in your personal experience with this drug. Please keep me up2date as it promises NOT to gain weight and NOT to kill any sexual drive.
As this Drug was going through many many hands before receiving the authorization from the FDA I'm personally very sceptical, but I'd love to learn.

For an adtidepressant its capabilitities look pretty good

Will do @Julimond. My dr gave me 2 trial/starter packs to see if it works for me before I pay the big bucks to have it filled. I have 7 more weeks before I need to get it filled. 2 weeks at 10 mg, 2 weeks at 20mg etc... We'll see what works. I'm on Day 5 on 10 mg and so far just feeling the gastrointestinal normal problems with a new Antidepressant. That's normal so I'm not worried. I'm on such a low dose I don't feel much else and on so much Val I'm pretty oblivious anyway. Plus on pain pills for my back so I'm a hot ass mess. But I will know by maybe 6 weeks if this one is going to work for me or not. My Dr said she has had only 1 patient out of many say he had sexual side effects - premature ejaculation. Um yeah - I'm not worried about that since I'm a girl. She said it really did not seem to cause sexual side effects. She also said it was the closest to Prozac minus the sex drive killer. Says it will not make me gain weight either. Prozac did help me loose weight but killed my sex drive. So I kicked that one cold turkey and went manic aka apeshit as a result. Lol - I have high hopes for Viibryd. 

Good, please keep us all informed.
Not often there's a chance to see how new products work

Yes, I too am interested in this, I'll do a bit of research. I am on mirtazipine currently, which I found worked best after going through multiple ssri's in the past.

Quick update: I'm on the 10mg starter dose and I am taking it with Wellbutrin but what I have noticed is this medicine has greatly reduced my appetite and cravings for sweets. I like this - a lot and think it's a huge plus. I crave sweets on the Opiates I take and this med seems to cancel that out. I hope this appetite reduction sticks around. I'm not nauseous either.

I have not noticed much in the alleviation of depression symptoms yet but may be too early for that still. I'm excited and looking forward to what this new med can do for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know when it starts to take effect? Like 4-6 weeks for ssri's? 

I would expect 4-6 weeks yes, but my Dr said could be as early as 2 weeks to start working. Issue is I'm slowly ticking up my dose to find the right fit with my starter packs. So 2 weeks at 10mg, 2 weeks at 20mg then a week at each higher dose till I find the right dose. I have a feeling that the 10 or 20mg will not be my end result constant dose - too low. But I'm good starting slow and building my way up to the higher doses. I am very encouraged about it thus far.

i think coupled with the Wellbutrin it really zaps your appetite. This is the first time I have not craved sweets in ages - thanks to opiates. 

As long as you are still eating as normally as you can, lunch  dinner etc that sounds encouraging!

Update: after roughly 2 weeks on the 10mg (lowest dose of Viibryd) it was time to move up to the 20 mg tablets today. I will take these for roughly 2 weeks again then decide if I need to go to the highest dose - 40mg from my starter pack from my Dr. 

I am really liking this new pill. It's only been a couple weeks and I do think I def need a higher dose than 10mg, but I'm building slowly on purpose. Zaps appetite, no weight gain, some tummy issues (especially today - when you up the dose) but nothing I cannot handle or totally unusual. Depression has slightly improved, which is great for low dose at 2 weeks. I don't have constant suicidal thoughts anymore, I'm not sad all the time but still have a ways to go. It's def better than before I was taking it. I feel more stable. My sex drive is still there, it's not dead - wow!

im very happy with this pill and in time will decide whether I remain on the 20mg or 40mg. Barring something disastrous happens, I'm happy to pay the outrageous amount of money this pill is going to cost me at the Pharmacy (that's with insurance)! In the end, I realize my life is worth more than dollars. This is a big leap for me from weeks ago when I just prayed to die every night and was disappointed when I woke up. I fucking hate depression. 

I'm pleased to hear you are progressing well Broadway! I'ts tough enough finding an anti depressant that does its job without going through many different ones. I'd love to hear more updates as and when. It's great YOU can see the progress you have made also, and pretty quickly, even if its only a few steps in the right direction. Keep it up, and I really wish you success in the long run here. I hate depression too!!!!!!!

Update on the upped dose of 20mg. Been on this medium dose for approx a couple weeks. Helps SO much with the depression, I don't mind being alive now. Huge change from weeks prior. That is amazing to me and encouraging. The one big issue (I can deal with the gastrointestinal issues fine) is another worse side effect that has gotten bad as I've slowly upped the dose is short term memory loss. It's common but mine is bad. I routinely walk into a room and forget why I am there and how I got there. I don't remember doing or saying lots of things. Plus, this ones difficult to explain but I feel like I'm here but in a fog. Lots of confusion. Like I'm not really here in the real world. Very strange feeling - out of body almost. I'm going to try taking this medium dose with food and see if it helps the neurological issues. I'm extremely reluctant to stop taking this antidepressant because it pulled me out of so much darkness - no easy feat. I know I cannot take the highest dose of 40mg so I won't even bother trying but I will try to stay at 20 mg with food and hope it improves the brain fog, confusion and memory loss. If not, I can go back to the low dose of 10 mg. 

Hoping to make the 20mg work because it has been a miracle for my depression. We're getting there slowly but surely. Disappointing that I cannot make it to the 40mg but I'm sure as time marches on and my body gets used to this drug I can have the option to go up. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back