Weaning off of Lexapro

• Thread starter Thread starter HeirCroc1
  • Start date Start date
H

HeirCroc1

I've taken the generic of Lexapro for the past ~10 years to treat generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety disorder. During the first 5 years I  would occasionally stop taking it for extended periods of time. Over the last 5 years, however, I've taken it consistently and my doctor has progressively increased my dose, which is now at 30mg/day. For several reasons, I want to try and wean off of it or it least reduce my dose by 10 to 15mg. I recently read that it can inhibit the efficacy of Adderall (which I take daily) and increase some of Adderall's negative side effects (irritability, etc). This is consistent with my recent experience (although the reduced effect of the addy could also be due to an increased tolerance). Lexapro diminishes my libido, especially at the 30mg dose. Finally, I feel like I've outgrown my SAD to a large degree, and that my GAD is manageable.

Does anyone have experience weaning off of Lexapro or another SSRI? My plan is take 25mg/day for 7 days then, if I feel okay, drop another 5mg. If I still feel okay after 7 days on 20mg, I'll drop another 5mg, and so on. I know I'm supposed to discuss this with my doctor, but he wasn't very receptive last time I broached the subject. Moreover, if he agrees, he will want to monitor me, which means appointments once a month until I'm done weaning. I have no desire to do that.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
YeS!!!! finally somebody has taken same meds had same side fx... im going to ween off of this starting this week... my libido is gone my dude... i'm like wtf?? i didin't think it was a big deal for like a few weeks and now i'm like wtf... seriously -- these MOFO'ing drugs are made to do this shit to us for a goddamn reason... i know it... so im done... gonna take it two more days... .if necessary, i dont have a reaction when i dont take it... but ill come off it correctly...

just depressing, an anti-depressant can help you , but also has a "libido depressant" in there...

dont be fucking fooled that shits in there for a reason... fuck these pills... buh bye...

i take 20 mg per day.... and havent taken it in 3 days.. im giong to take 10mg for 3 days.. drop it to 5 mg for a week, and fintio

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back