What does RETENTION REASON:OTHER mean for my package in NY Customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bipolar1970

I have a package of 200 tramps shipped EMS out of India (via Kiwi) that was received inbound NY customs today at 1:13. Then, at 1:14 was updated to RETENTION REASON: OTHER.  Has anyone else experienced this? Did you eventually receive your letter or should I expect a LL? If you did receive, how long was it stuck there? Are there any other reasons besides seizure that letters/envelopes are marked "other"?

@bipolar1970 how long did your package sit in NY isc? I got something sitting there for 8 days and wondering how many days was it in for before it updated to the status you just got. Oh and I'll add that mine says still in isc never any customs update.

Thanks in advance

Humboldtguy

@bipolar1970 so I did some research and it looks like that is not super common but it has happened. But the stories I read says the package came a few days later after that specific update. So looks like you might be ok. But that's no guarantee. Just thought I'd share with you what I found through another source.

Much love

humboldtguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much guy. My first reaction was to freak out, not gonna lie. I tried to do research too but couldn't find out much. I'm glad you found more than I did. I want to keep checking on it...I can't help myself. But I've read that now US postal can locate the IP address of anyone who checks on a tracking number status, how many times and at what dates/times. For as long as I've ordered this way (overseas) I've never gotten over the paranoia.

Also, it looks like it arrived at 1:13 and was given the RETENTION:OTHER label at 1:14. So it's only been there this afternoon/evening. It just seemed weird that it was immediately detained. That's why I figured it was set aside for inspection.

ATTENTION MODERATORS: could one of the moderators delete this thread?? I may have given TMI. Plus, I looked back at my other recent orders from kiwi and the last two had the same retention:other update, but they were shipped out by the next day. It happened so fast (within 24 hrs.) that I never noticed it before. If, for some reason, you think this thread is helpful, then I guess it should stay up. I just was informed via pm that detailed customs info is not really spoken about--sort of an informal rule on this board. (The fact that no one else here has asked a detailed customs question like this should have been my first clue. I'm daft like that sometimes.) thanks!!

Never mind, lol. Apparently I didn't step out of line or give more info than I should have. Turns out, it was retained for two days and cleared last Saturday. It arrived today and I did have to sign it (which I've never had to do before). So the whole process took 3 weeks EMS when it usually takes 10-14 days.

I would definitely keep this post around. It gives people with the same question a good resource without having to leave the board like I did to find the answer. The more knowledge we can pack into the group the better. Then people can use this thread as a reference vs having to explain it one, two, three different times. It seems that things were wacky act the ISC for the last two weeks. But everyone I talk to says things are smooth sailing now. My package is now one day away for me so I am in a better mood myself. But still not gonna celebrate until it is in my hands. Glad you got it. That makes for a great evening.

much love

humboldtguy

Package arrived yesterday.   :)  couldn't be happier. Now to plan ahead next time. It was to close for comfort. But now that things are moving through at a timely manner I don't wanna chance it just in case. Glad to have my s0ma in hand and boy since I tapered they feel strong as can be. Think I got the 120% generic vs the 80%. But yes this is a great thread for reference purposes. 

Much love 

Humboldtguy

I have been ordering benzos from overseas and they come registered mail with no problem  This last order was sent to US customs and said retention reason: other so I thought it was seized for sure.  Two days later, I got an email tracking update saying that my package arrived a the NY facility where it usually goes for delivery to its destination.  Then about 8 hours later, I got another email update backtracking adding that it was "inbound out of customs" two hours prior to it arriving at the facility that sends it out.  Do you think they opened my package and I should not sign for it when the mailman comes as it could be a set up or just a mix up?  Should I be worried?  Thanks for any help.

Start a 3rd thread about it, maybe that will help....  

I have been ordering benzos from overseas and they come registered mail with no problem  This last order was sent to US customs and said retention reason: other so I thought it was seized for sure.  Two days later, I got an email tracking update saying that my package arrived a the NY facility where it usually goes for delivery to its destination.  Then about 8 hours later, I got another email update backtracking adding that it was "inbound out of customs" two hours prior to it arriving at the facility that sends it out.  Do you think they opened my package and I should not sign for it when the mailman comes as it could be a set up or just a mix up?  Should I be worried?  Thanks for any help.
BiPolar just gave you the rundown on what happened to her, which is exactly what you are experiencing.  Stop asking the exact same question over and over, your package is on its way.  Posting all over the board about it isn't going to make it move faster.  If it is at a NY sort facility it will be in your hands by Wed.

Last edited:
I think there has been enough good advice given on this thread. If you wish to share your experience with us after receiving @TanGoddess then please do so, but I think this discussion has reached its conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back