What Is The Best Way To Keep Updated Here?

High Tide

Account Closed
V.I.P Member
I'm not a big user of online forums, being a regular of just one other prior to joining here. I'm just curious how to keep up with the activity here. The other one I'm used to has a New Post link which let me see the most recent posts. I know there is the recent topics section, and I see the notifications of stuff I'm subscribed to and other things chosen in the settings.

How do you guys suggest as the optimal way to keep on top of things. For example on the other site I could click a Settings link which would show me any new posts on topics I had posted to or started. For new stuff there was the New Topics link, and finally and activity stream that showed all posts. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not a big user of online forums, being a regular of just one other prior to joining here. I'm just curious how to keep up with the activity here. The other one I'm used to has a New Post link which let me see the most recent posts. I know there is the recent topics section, and I see the notifications of stuff I'm subscribed to and other things chosen in the settings.

How do you guys suggest as the optimal way to keep on top of things. For example on the other site I could click a Settings link which would show me any new posts on topics I had posted to or started. For new stuff there was the New Topics link, and finally and activity stream that showed all posts. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey High Tide,

Click on "View New Content" near the top (a few inches down) of the right side of the main homepage.

Cheers,

Slammer

Hey High Tide,

Click on "View New Content" near the top (a few inches down) of the right side of the main homepage.

Cheers,

Slammer
Yup right on point, I'm just throwing this out there if Anybody has pull on this site, I would love to see a "mark all read" key when you check new content, if you or anybody else could point me in the right direction to introduce this thought to a mod or admin! Thank you! Happy Holidaze!!

Thats already done, raphael:

Under Forums, then View New Content, on left hand side click: "Content I have not read".

You'll only get the threads, you guessed it, that you have not yet read...

Re-click another option if you want to re-read something...

FG

Aaaaah. Now I see it sitting there disguised as something unimportant. Thanks for the heads up, no telling how long I would've gone without noticing it. Not that I'm dumb or anything, I can pour water from a bucket if the instructions are on the bottom.

Thats already done, raphael:

Under Forums, then View New Content, on left hand side click: "Content I have not read".

You'll only get the threads, you guessed it, that you have not yet read...

Re-click another option if you want to re-read something...

FG
I totally see that and thank you, but what I am regarding to is after you click on view new content, is there a key that you can click on that will erase em even with out reading them ( mark all read ) button

I totally see that and thank you, but what I am regarding to is after you click on view new content, is there a key that you can click on that will erase em even with out reading them ( mark all read ) button
Having experimented with IP Board software on my web host a bit, this is, to the best of my knowledge, a software related issue and not something that admin can change. It's a feature the software simply lacks, but isn't a bad idea to suggest to the manufacturer for future revisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having experimented with IP Board software on my web host a bit, this is, to the best of my knowledge, a software related issue and not something that admin can change. It's a feature the software simply lacks, but isn't a bad idea to suggest to the manufacturer for future revisions.
Gotcha thank you very much @Jewey

How can I just click one button and get a free order delivered to my house within the hour?

Where on this site can I find such feature? I've looked for hours but can't find the right link or page.

Maybe Jewy could chime in. He knows a lot about this kind of stuff, I think.

Thanks in advance,

Slammer

Ok, very funny Soldier, give me back my Xanax. Jokes over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with that, it's probably one of those things hard to detect. Even harder than the View New Content sign. Kind of like white font on a white background, which I use to cuss people under my posts. You would be surprised how it can help you rant without others knowing you're even mad.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays Slammer!

I'm sure you knew that, but if you are like me you may have forgotten. /default_smile.png

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back