What to do after a phone call?

Dribble

Someone I know received a phone call. A message was left that said they have my friends parcel, and asked for a return phone call. Researching the phone number didn't help much, but it seems it was a mobile number. My friend is definitely spooked. There have been no other attempts to contact her, no messages, no letters ect.

Should my friend consider that address done? How long before she can breathe out?  I believe this package was sent within the country, not international. She told me her vendor offered to reship, but she is too nervous to consider it yet.

I read in a few other posts that people have received scam calls, hard to tell if this is legit or a scam. Should she just forget the whole thing? Advice/ personal experience greatly appreciated!

Did they even identify themselves as anything?!?!  Like did they say "hey this is customs" or whatever?  Was there any part of the ordering/communication process where her phone number was necessary?  Did she get tracking and what does the tracking show?  Was the person calling your friends cellphone or her landline?  There was someone on a dif platform recently whose friend had a call from customs saying they had their pack and to call them back, and they actually called them back and the person answering asked them who they wanted to talk to and the friend said "i dont know you called me" to which the person promptly hung up.  Making them of course think it was a scam call, but then a week later they got an LL from customs.   Weirdest shit all around, but def an example of someone getting a call prior to receiving an LL.  I wasnt able to get any info as to how customs mightve gotten the number.  Regardless, i would not call the number at all.  Would def be even weirder if it wasnt an international pack imo.  

Last edited by a moderator:
  Did they even identify themselves as anything?!?!  Like did they say "hey this is customs" or whatever?  Was there any part of the ordering/communication process where her phone number was necessary?  Did she get tracking and what does the tracking show?  Was the person calling your friends cellphone or her landline?  There was someone on a dif platform recently whose friend had a call from customs saying they had their pack and to call them back, and they actually called them back and the person answering asked them who they wanted to talk to and the friend said "i dont know you called me" to which the person promptly hung up.  Making them of course think it was a scam call, but then a week later they got an LL from customs.   Weirdest shit all around, but def an example of someone getting a call prior to receiving an LL.  I wasnt able to get any info as to how customs mightve gotten the number.  Regardless, i would not call the number at all.  Would def be even weirder if it wasnt an international pack imo.  
Yes, my friend said they did identify themselves, I would prefer not to say who in this post, feel free to pm if interested. I asked her all your questions, and she said she did have to provide a phone number when communicating with the possible sender. (perhaps that is a red flag?) She said the tracking showed one update (I can share the wording if interested), and a suggested date of delivery, and never changed. The date didn't change, and there were no other scans according to the last time she looked. She also said she uses call forwarding sometimes, so she is not sure if this call was to a landline or her cellphone, which also is driving her a little crazy. Thanks for the example @DoomKitty.

@Dribble  yeah thats a bit strange i think.  The tracking never even showed it coming in to customs?!  Or any movement at all?  Thats starting to sound more like a possible scam which ive definitely heard of b4, but not sure why the vendor would be scamming if they're also saying they'll reship.   Ill PM you about how they identified themselves.  Either way i would not call the number back.  I mean it wouldnt erase plausible deniability cuz they called her and she could just call back and if they ask about a pack she can just say she has no clue what theyre talking about, but if its legit then why risk it, and if its a scam whats the point i guess?  Sorry that is happening to her.  Def keep us updated about this. 

Please do keep posting what you can. It certainly helps all our friends. 

An update for those who requested one :

So my friend realized after more googling that the pack had stopped at a office which has an inspection service on the second floor of the building, She feels that it was a legitimate call, not a scam like she had hoped. However, nothing has come from it, all quiet on the western front. She is calmer now than previous, and grateful all has been quiet. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back