What works best for you?

mammajo

I am taking Vy#vanse and Add and they don't work as well as they used to.  I haven't tried anything else, but I am wondering if there is something better

or a better combo?  Just looking for better mental clarity and focus!  This has been a lifesaver for me, I used to be so scattered and doing 10 things at once and once I started on this I was able to concentrate on one thing at a time!  It just doesn't work as well as it used to!

I take Dex and a few 5 mg addies as needed throughout the day bc the 24 hour extended release thing is BS. 

The dex might be helpful for what you're looking for. It has less of a tweaky effect and is what I prefer to be on at work as it gives me more focus and better cognitive enhancement 

also, it sounds weird but when I need an extra boost of focus and energy, I do a couple tr@ms with my dex and there's some kind of synergy that puts me IN THE ZONE 

Reactions: MJO
I have been taking Vyvanse for 9 years and it has lost its effect with me also. My doctor added Wellbutrin to the mix and now a little bit of Vyvanse goes a long way. It sometimes feels like I am almost over stimulated, but I also take .25 mg suboxone daily. I have been on the Wellbitrin for a month and so far so good. 

I've never taken Vyvanse but have taken Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) ER spansules 15mg and I liked those. They just became difficult to get as not all pharmacies have them in stock and insurance doesn't cover mine so they were expensive. Am currently on adderall XR 20 mg me have been happy with them in terms of treating my ADHD. 

Glad Wellbutrin seems to be working for you. I was prescribed 100 mg IR last year for smoking cessation and while it did work for that, it was waaaaaay too stimulating with the adderall. I was completely spun out. No sleep for days and food tasted like polyester.  Maybe it doesn't interact with vyvanse as much or the sub levels you out? 

Think if I didn't take adderall the Wellbutrin would have been a good one to stick with. I've also heard the XR version and the non generic version feel totally different (I was on mylan IR so idk) 

I'm guessing you were prescribed it for ADD/ADHD? I'm curious how people have responsed to it for that use as most people get it prescribed as an antidepressant or for help quitting smoking. 

Have you tried other things besides vyvanse? If so, how does it compare ? 

I have been taking Vyvanse for 9 years and it has lost its effect with me also. My doctor added Wellbutrin to the mix and now a little bit of Vyvanse goes a long way. It sometimes feels like I am almost over stimulated, but I also take .25 mg suboxone daily. I have been on the Wellbitrin for a month and so far so good. 

I am taking Vy#vanse and Add and they don't work as well as they used to.  I haven't tried anything else, but I am wondering if there is something better

or a better combo?  Just looking for better mental clarity and focus!  This has been a lifesaver for me, I used to be so scattered and doing 10 things at once and once I started on this I was able to concentrate on one thing at a time!  It just doesn't work as well as it used to!
Maybe this should be reserved for a separate forum, but have you considered any of the stuff that might reduce your tolerance to the Vy#vanse and Ads? There's a lot of info about it on other forums. I did try something and it lowered my tolerance and seemed to give my medication quite the boost because I also felt like mine was crapping out a bit. I started doing this a couple weeks ago and have cut my dosage back a ton. I don't know how long I'm going to get the benefits for though. 

Also, IMO dex ER in the Am and a few low mg Ads throughout the day seemed to be pretty effective for me for awhile, but my doctor didn't want to prescribe both anymore

Good luck and definitely update us if you feel like it. I'm curious about this one as well 

I agree with you that Wellbutrin with Vyvanse/ Adderall is very stimulating. I have tried Concerta and Ritalin. Both of these were stimulating but I felt depressed on them. After that I tried Straterra. I couldn't even tell that it was working and I took it for a couple if months. Next, my Dr petsctibed me Provigal. I liked it pretty good, but I couldn't afford it. So my Dr. Put me on Vyvansr. I was told by a Dr. That Adderall and Vyvanse are the same thing and that Shire created Vyvanse because their pateient for adderall was about to expire. This past year; I kept running out of my script early. It seemed to wear off after 3 hours; so I'd take more and always run out a week early. My Dr added 20 mg adderall it, but when he did that he decreased my Vyvanse from 70 mg to 30mg. That was a disaster. So he rx'ed my 70 mg Vyvanse and added 100 mg of Wellbutrin ER. I've found this to be the best combo yet. But, I have read that when these two are taken together a persons seizures threshold goes way doen . I have been on ADHD meds for my ADD since 2006. I can't find the perfect dosage or combinations, but the Vyvanse with the Wellbutrin ER seems to be the best yet. My Dr rx'ed the Wellbutrin for depression.

30mg add around 5am and then another 30mg add around noon. Also take 100mg zoloft but not sure if it does anything....  Sometimes I toss is a k-lon to even things out later in the day,

What is better vyvnase or Ritalin name brand? Answers would be appreciated please. Oh and do both show up on drug test? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I tried add and ritalin for the first time over the last few months.  I have to say I got more tasks done in a couple of weeks than in a typical year.  I have a history of psychological issues.  General Anxiety disorder, then mania, now bi-polar.  I've never bought into the last two.  The medicine (Prozac/Trileptal/Klonopin)  work more as bandaids that don't always work.  After taking primarily Ritalin over a few weeks, I was back to my normal self.  Is that common for everyone that takes it to experience this?  Or is it likely I have ADD?  I have done a lot of research and I kind of fit the profile with many symptoms very similar.  Any suggestions on where to get it other than the street until I see my Psych again (3.5 mos).  Thanks in advance for opinions or recommendations.

I should mention, while I'm still working with the doctor on the solution and I don't yet know what I will be taking, a warning to all who have had a tendency to abuse things in their life or are addicts/former addicts.  I really like these and they helped tremendously, but as time went by, day over day, I was taking more and more.  They were like candy  I would have to be very careful with a script of these.  I, personally, am going to push for either ER or one of the other meds.  Potential trouble for me.  I don't want to have to manage a 3/day prescription like this.  I'm old enough and have been through enough that I recognize it as risky for me, personally.  I have leaned to manage other types of medications that people tend to abuse over a long period of time.  but I have not with this type.  Just a warning for those of you who don't have experience with this medication or similar meds (It sounds like most have the experience or can manage, but just in case . . .).  I will update as to the solution that I end up moving forward with and how it goes.  Thanks..

Best regards.

chctwo

Okay, I ended up with Adderral XR 20 mg.  These seem to work just as good as the Ritalin, but a little smoother ride.  The fact that it's XR and lasts 8-12 hrs is perfect for me.  I won't start popping them like candy.  Something about those ritz that makes me a little fiendy like I get with coca-cola.  I'm giving these a definite thumbs up.  Not only does it work, but I only have to take one in the morning and that's all.  This script is probably very common, but for a first time user, this is just what the doctor ordered (literally and figuratively).

regards,

chctwo

I should mention, while I'm still working with the doctor on the solution and I don't yet know what I will be taking, a warning to all who have had a tendency to abuse things in their life or are addicts/former addicts.  I really like these and they helped tremendously, but as time went by, day over day, I was taking more and more.  They were like candy  I would have to be very careful with a script of these.  I, personally, am going to push for either ER or one of the other meds.  Potential trouble for me.  I don't want to have to manage a 3/day prescription like this.  I'm old enough and have been through enough that I recognize it as risky for me, personally.  I have leaned to manage other types of medications that people tend to abuse over a long period of time.  but I have not with this type.  Just a warning for those of you who don't have experience with this medication or similar meds (It sounds like most have the experience or can manage, but just in case . . .).  I will update as to the solution that I end up moving forward with and how it goes.  Thanks..

Best regards.

chctwo
I can totally relate to everything you just said. Right now I’m working very hard to be responsible with my ADD meds as they do truly improve my quality of life. It isn’t easy though. The instant release addi seem to be the main culprit and that’s what my shrink has me on. Vynase tweaks me out and ritz don’t do much. 

I had bad response from ritalin when I initially got diagnosed with ADHD 3 years ago. Bad anxiety, severe depression with suicidal thoughts and so on with low to moderate dose (20 mg per day if i recall correctly. I couldn't be happier with the switch made to adderall. Currently taking 20 mg xr in the morning and for me, it is superior and no need to seek other options.

Okay, I've been in it for a while now.  I ended up with Vyvanse, perfect for me.  I supplement with 3-fma primarily, but will use others to supplement.  Sweet spot.

chctwo

Hi, looking where to source some 4fmph or something similar for focus and energy. Can you PM me some ideas on where to find some that are reliable to the US? Thanks!

@jarp2600 If you look in the approved vendor RC section, BJC/ChemsClub has it.  Also just a heads up that asking people to PM you sources is against site rules because its an excellent way to get scammed

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back