What's the best way to deal with Adderall withdrawal?

Kurt Codean

When I take an adderall pill I feel pretty damn good, but then as it starts to ware off, I gradually start to feel like total crap. I took 20mgs several hours ago and it's just about at the point where it's completely worn off. I feel really crappy now, kind of like sticking my head in a blender. Does anyone else share these experiences or know any tips on how to deal with the adderall withdrawal. My best guess is that there is nothing you can really do other than to deal with the down and try to get back with business as usual. I like the effects of adderall, but I can't stand the comedown. It almost makes me feel worse than I did before I took the damn pill. If I had a script of this stuff I would probably end up taking them one after another as soon as they began wearing off. Fortunately I don't really have a script and usually only get one or two at a time from a family member. The stuff does seem to motivate me to do things when it's kicking in, but as soon as it wares off, I feel like I fall back into a slump where I no longer have any positive feeling that it gave me to begin with. I don't know how people who get scripts for this handle life. It seems like a roller coaster ride full of ups and downs. This stuff is extremely addictive and I don't really know if the positives overpower the negatives in terms of overall mental improvement for the long term .Seems like just a short term boost of energy that ends up leaving you with a harsh crash afterwards. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend that gives me a bunch of 10mgs free per week.  I break them in half and take one in the morning and one at lunch.  I noticed that when I did this I would not experience a huge crash.   The energy and focus is pretty freaking amazing.....If it were me in your shoes I would try splitting it in two.....then the comedown next time around would be more gradual......Addy is a pretty weird thing....My friend bounces off the walls when not on it....I have a huge boost of energy when I am on it.    I am sort of used to the stimulant comedown so maybe I dont notice it as much.   One thing I did notice about me though is that when I would be getting low on my supply I would get pretty panicky and dread the day without them......I also noticed that if I took more than usual I would suffer from brain lock and I would just paralyze myself over analyzing everything.   

Try breaking it in half next time.....I agree with you though it is a roller coaster but I think the people that truly need them don't experience the effects in the same manner we do.   My friend that takes them doesn't really enjoy them.....He could not function without them, but that is different.

yeah, maybe for people who started taking them at low doses like 10mgs and followed the doctor's directions might be able to manage the comedown better. They probably get a script for some kind of benz0s too so they can take one or 2 mgs at night to help relax them. I think your advice is good though, next time if I get a 20 i'll break it in half and take one earlier in the day and then the other later on so I don't have that crash in the middle of the day. That is the worst. It might be easier to deal with at night, because by that time you might be tired anyway, and if you have a benny that would help bring you down so you're mellow enough to get to sleep. The way I did it yesterday was I took a whole 20 in the early afternoon. By about 7 it started wearing off. The initial part where it completely comes down is really brutal for me. I'm talking like serious feeling of depression/anger/really bad mood type of S***. It's funny yesterday I after I took it I was like oh boy, I feel great, I'm gonna go out and get the Wall street journal and read the whole paper. But this is the part I really hate, when someone interrupts you in the middle of your "Joy" you start to feel like annoyed because you know it's going to ware off soon and you don't want to waste that precious boost of energy on anything else. What happened to me is my brother called me on the phone and he started talking to me and it went on for a half hour or more. By then the boost was turning into a bust. I got my paper but only read like 2 pages. Jeeze. I felt really bad when I got back to my normal state. It's like I had this whole night planned out and it all went to S*** because of that phone call. When it was all said and done it's like I completely forgot what I wanted to do lol. I have a lot of benz0s (clownz) but I didn't take any for the come down because it was still early and I usually only take it at night when I'm about to go to bed. So anyway, there was nothing I could do but just sit there and wait for a while to forget about that great almost euphoric feeling. 

You are right about taking too much. One time I took like 3 20's in a pretty short amt of time and if you do that instead of feeling good, you start to get irritated with everything because your mind is like in 5th gear while everyone else's is in 2nd .You don't want anything to interfere with your high so the slightest problem makes you feel like snapping or just being PO'd in general. Also I thought if I took 3 I would feel like 3 times as good, but I really didn't. I think there is a peak level that once you get to you can't really feel any better so it's a waste to take too much at once. 

i kind of do wish I had a script, but like I said before, I would probably end up abusing it. And also I would probably go into a panic if my bottle was running out like you said. So maybe I'd be better of without taking it or getting a script. 

I'll definitely try breaking them in half so I could at least have a generally good feeling for about 8 hours of the day. and if I schedule it like morning or mid day, I would start coming down in the evening, which wouldn't be so bad because then you can take a benny and just get ready for bed or lye down or something. I really hate taking benzes in the day time because they make me drowsy, so I generally reserve those for night time exclusively. Thanks for the advice though. I don't think I will be getting any more addys any time soon. Unfortunately by bro moved out of state last week and he was my primary source. I might have a friend that has them but this guy is kind of a dick so I wouldn't even bother trying to ask him. 

When I typed that original post I was feeling like crap because i was just coming down. After a while though the feeling does abate and you just forget about it and move on with your life. I guess if you really want to ease the come down you can pop a Benjamin when you start coming down but I prefer to just bare with it. Okay thanks for the advice friend. I will definitely try to do it that way If I should get a hold of one again. 

Also, supplementing with CoQ10, Magnesium and Vitamin C helps (and I tend to smoke a bowl when I'm coming down or take valium if I have it which softens the bad roller coaster feeling). I don't take Addy regularly because at heart I feel like it's bad for my body (just from the icky come down feeling & physical symptoms) though I do have ADHD (& general anxiety disorder & ptsd which is a different story but all combined it makes it very hard for me to focus on studying & programming [I'm a CS student]); Because of what I view as having a negative effect on the body I tend to take it mostly as a study aid during finals and when I'm feeling really really scattered and try natural remedies like Bee Pollen+Royal Jelly, Chaga & Cordyceps, L-Theanine & Gingko and American Ginseng instead on a day to day level (though they're expensive & I still feel like I'm in an ADD fog & barely functioning most of the time when I don't take Addy ).... 

At the moment I've actually lost my source for Addy (when my insurance changed earlier this year to no longer cover my old psychiatrist & I haven't yet found a new psychiatrist in my network- they all seem to be out of network; it took my 3 months to find my last psychiatrist who had been covered by my insurance before the switch), because I don't take it everyday I had some saved up but am now out (& have been looking around for online sources though it all seems so dodgy hearing so many stories of straight up scams or fake pills).... 

Anyhow, take those supplements while you're on Addy (& drink plenty of water) as well as right after to ease the come down & "hangover".... 

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, maybe for people who started taking them at low doses like 10mgs and followed the doctor's directions might be able to manage the comedown better. They probably get a script for some kind of benz0s too so they can take one or 2 mgs at night to help relax them. I think your advice is good though, next time if I get a 20 i'll break it in half and take one earlier in the day and then the other later on so I don't have that crash in the middle of the day. That is the worst. It might be easier to deal with at night, because by that time you might be tired anyway, and if you have a benny that would help bring you down so you're mellow enough to get to sleep. The way I did it yesterday was I took a whole 20 in the early afternoon. By about 7 it started wearing off. The initial part where it completely comes down is really brutal for me. I'm talking like serious feeling of depression/anger/really bad mood type of S***. It's funny yesterday I after I took it I was like oh boy, I feel great, I'm gonna go out and get the Wall street journal and read the whole paper. But this is the part I really hate, when someone interrupts you in the middle of your "Joy" you start to feel like annoyed because you know it's going to ware off soon and you don't want to waste that precious boost of energy on anything else. What happened to me is my brother called me on the phone and he started talking to me and it went on for a half hour or more. By then the boost was turning into a bust. I got my paper but only read like 2 pages. Jeeze. I felt really bad when I got back to my normal state. It's like I had this whole night planned out and it all went to S*** because of that phone call. When it was all said and done it's like I completely forgot what I wanted to do lol. I have a lot of benz0s (clownz) but I didn't take any for the come down because it was still early and I usually only take it at night when I'm about to go to bed. So anyway, there was nothing I could do but just sit there and wait for a while to forget about that great almost euphoric feeling. 

You are right about taking too much. One time I took like 3 20's in a pretty short amt of time and if you do that instead of feeling good, you start to get irritated with everything because your mind is like in 5th gear while everyone else's is in 2nd .You don't want anything to interfere with your high so the slightest problem makes you feel like snapping or just being PO'd in general. Also I thought if I took 3 I would feel like 3 times as good, but I really didn't. I think there is a peak level that once you get to you can't really feel any better so it's a waste to take too much at once. 

i kind of do wish I had a script, but like I said before, I would probably end up abusing it. And also I would probably go into a panic if my bottle was running out like you said. So maybe I'd be better of without taking it or getting a script. 

I'll definitely try breaking them in half so I could at least have a generally good feeling for about 8 hours of the day. and if I schedule it like morning or mid day, I would start coming down in the evening, which wouldn't be so bad because then you can take a benny and just get ready for bed or lye down or something. I really hate taking benzes in the day time because they make me drowsy, so I generally reserve those for night time exclusively. Thanks for the advice though. I don't think I will be getting any more addys any time soon. Unfortunately by bro moved out of state last week and he was my primary source. I might have a friend that has them but this guy is kind of a dick so I wouldn't even bother trying to ask him. 

When I typed that original post I was feeling like crap because i was just coming down. After a while though the feeling does abate and you just forget about it and move on with your life. I guess if you really want to ease the come down you can pop a Benjamin when you start coming down but I prefer to just bare with it. Okay thanks for the advice friend. I will definitely try to do it that way If I should get a hold of one again. 

I can totally relate to that! 

But...be careful, sounds like your habitual use could easily turn into a full blown addiction from what you are saying. 

No offence. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back