When does the Christmas rush of packages begin and end for u personally each year typically?

porkandbeansboy

V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
I don't want to order a package during the November, December or January and February just to have it get lost in the mail due to the Christmas rush of packages.

My question is for u does it only take longer for your packages to arrive and when does the Christmas rush of packages typically stop for your in the personal experiences u have when ordering during this time?

I'm not sure if I should wait and if I do need to wait how long do I wait for?

@porkandbeansboy I think it depends on the vendor's location. Have you asked the vendor? They would have experience of past Christmas. It may be even longer now due to Covid. 

I think you would be OK in late January early February 
Do u think the rush of Christmas packages has started already in November?

Do you think this makes having a package more likely to get lost in the mail. Does anyone think that ordering during Christmas makes it more likely or less likely that customs will seize your package?

@porkandbeansboy I use to own an online business so I have quite a bit of experience in this area. I also shipped overseas a bit as well.

It depends on a few factors of course like location. Domestically...  The holiday rush isn’t as bad as it use to be. The shipping companies have gotten quite of bit of experience over the last 20 years due to the internet making shipping very much more alive. Using non-government carriers (purple and brown) usually have a set date for delivery and 99% of the time, they are correct, even during the holidays. There is always a chance of a mishap even with guaranteed overnight and even right now, but it’s rare. During the last 2 weeks leading up to Christmas is most likely the time that you would need to worry about the most, but if anything is delayed, it wouldn’t be more that 2-3 days and that would also possibly involve a weekend.

On the post office domestically, which is what my business use to ship with the most, they put out a notice, notifying all shippers of when the last possible shipping day for everything to be received by Christmas with what shipping type you use from them. And this even includes mail going out all the way to the 22nd. While the post office in my experience is not as guaranteed as the others mentioned above, it still is pretty dang good with a few more delays than the others but really not that much. It’s pretty impressive. I mailed out 170 packages in one night on the 21st using first class flight and 97% were received by the 24th. Not bad for $3 .

Overseas

Overseas is a different story. Hardly anything is guaranteed unless it’s through brown or purple and that can be quite pricey. And even then, guaranteed isn’t really so.  I would allow an extra 5 days or more to be safe during the rush of Christmas. Especially from about the 10th of December on.

Using regular mail service or receiving it through this method, It will almost definitely be a little delayed but not always by much. Customs will have their hands full with family sending and receiving presents to/from their loved ones and of course little gifts like what you’re hoping to receive. Plus whatever everyone else is ordering. Snail mail is as it sounds and doesn’t provide a guaranteed date for a reason, but it’s not what it once was and the name is a bit outdated. I would allow about 2 weeks just to be safe , additionally. If it’s needed or not, at least you’re well prepared and not disappointed.

Everything may run as usual and many of them indeed will , but it’s always better to be safe than sorry of course.

Customs

My personal opinion and from personal experience, I would think that packages will less likely to be seized because they are going to have an enormous amount of packages coming through.  With overwhelming amount of gifts coming and going,  they are going to be less likely to scrutinize each package as they merely will not have the time and believe it or not, who would want to be the one who seized little Billy’s new RC Car from Russian Granny for Christmas? Lol.

Packages with TN are also, not entirely impossible, but harder to get lost even with the increased amount of packages sent or received during the holiday season.

—————————
This month (November ), you are still pretty safe to receive as normal. There is nothing really logically going to affect or delay shipments. It’s not going to be any different than most any other month other than December. Not many people are shipping Turkeys 😉.  All kidding aside, December would be the time to watch the most. And this again would be near mid to late December and very early January. Not really past the first week of January and this is just from the run off leftovers that didn’t make the Christmas cut. I wouldn’t expect it to affect delivery service any earlier or any later than that, especially not this month (November) and definitely not into February.

Good luck and best wishes!  🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Christmas 0ne of my gifts got 'lost' and the other I had to wait about a month. I do wish this vendor would open up his business soon

Well last I heard from my mother on the phone, she told me my Christmas gifts from her and my dad had already been delivered by Amazon.

Now I just need to get them something back before Christmas arrives. I get paid weekly so I still have a few paydays left yet.

@porkandbeansboy  Hi mate, thanks for the like. Absolutely love the name and picture by the way, it's great.

Just read your profile and we have similar interests, so I've started following you. In a friendly way of course, I'm not a stalker haha. These similar interests we have are especially R3se@rch Chem1c@ls. 

Look forward to discussing further after I figure Bitcoin out and have made my donation.

A pleasure to meet you.

-Psychoticka

i think in November the rush is starting already atleast mid to late November things get slower im sure

Now ! At least for me :( first hang up , bumped 2 days and stuck on ‘ no Hope ‘ till after weekend 😠😥😞hope it’s safe in a big bundle of package mayhem ... 

Personally I try to have everything order a week before Thanksgiving at absolute worst (November 15th) im speaking in reference to overseas orders.. Especially with covid that's when your going to see 30+ day waits in my experience. I remember several vendors would take the rest of the year off after around November 15th. 

Personally I try to have everything order a week before Thanksgiving at absolute worst (November 15th) im speaking in reference to overseas orders.. Especially with covid that's when your going to see 30+ day waits in my experience. I remember several vendors would take the rest of the year off after around November 15th. 
I'm mainly worried about my packages getting lost due to the huge increase of them during this time of year. Is it that time of year again right now or is there still time before the Christmas rush of packages.

@vincentm4990How long after November 15th did they wait?

I'm mainly worried about my packages getting lost due to the huge increase of them during this time of year. Is it that time of year again right now or is there still time before the Christmas rush of packages.

@vincentm4990How long after November 15th did they wait?
They started up after the new year. I think your still have time. Looks like everything is still flowing okay. You'll see what I'm talking about when it happens. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back