Why do we get the Munchies?

• Thread starter Thread starter St. Anky, R.x.
  • Start date Start date
S

St. Anky, R.x.

Good day,

“Getting the munchies” is a phenomenon that occurs when the production of ghrelin is stimulated in a way that is independent from the normal cycle of metabolic hunger. Ghrelin is a hormone that is released when the stomach is empty and whose production stops when the stomach expands (unless you’re inhaling canna.) It is this hormone that causes the sensation of feeling “hungry”. The inhalation of smoke from the cannabis plant is associated with the release of ghrelin, but scientifically, as far as my research indicates, we haven’t even gotten as far as conclusively demonstrating that it is THC which causes these effects.

What is relatively certain is that a given strain’s effect on hunger will vary dramatically within a substantial population. Furthermore, as people use cannabis regularly… like all the time, lots of different kinds of ghrelin release schedules get developed. One reason why there is a prominent minority of heavy cannabis users who are very thin may be that constant stimulation of ghrelin is something that the body learns to ignore, and in many of these cases, the user’s appetite and hunger cycle is disrupted for the duration of their use.

I personally think that the variations in hunger-stimulation from cannabis strains is more about the human’s phenotype and history of cannabinoid use than the plant’s phenotype.

Go outside ;)

Much Love!

St. Anky

Last edited:
Makes sense. I remember a while ago they were making diet drugs that attempted to target ghrelin. (Obviously to provide the opposite effect ;))

In my opinion when it comes to the strong desire to eat on Cannabis it's obviously because our body needs to eat and I strongly believe it plays a role in increasing the metabolism in some way it effects it at least that's just a theory I got. I even had a friend when I was a teenager when we both were exercising and he had strong ab muscles but you couldn't see them clearly due to the excess amount of body fat so I told him my theory on Cannabis use and the munchies so he tried smoking at the time the strain Sour Diesel non-stop all day everyday! 

Lol after about maybe 30ish days definitely took less than a summer for him to melt away all that fat and then his ab muscles and just overall body tone got a lot more pronounced. I think Cannabis becoming Legal is going to shine a light on some very interesting things we do not know anything about the phenomenon that is regarding how Cannabis and things it can do like for instance "the munchies" and other mundane things we thought Cannabis caused which were not very interesting at all or special turn out to be that they are extraordinary things it can do and results from it. I truly can't wait for what will be discovered medically in the near future involving Cannabis use. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the munchies at all!!  Is anyone else out there like me?  I know this thread is a few months old but I've just started smoking & eating edibles to help with pain from cancer treatments.  I'm a few months out of treatment & cancer free so could definatly use the weight but it doesn't make me want to reach for anything accept a toothbrush!!

I don't get the munchies at all!!  Is anyone else out there like me?  I know this thread is a few months old but I've just started smoking & eating edibles to help with pain from cancer treatments.  I'm a few months out of treatment & cancer free so could definatly use the weight but it doesn't make me want to reach for anything accept a toothbrush!!
Wow. I am on the complete opposite of the spectrum. Every time I smoke or edibles, I get the munchies so bad, I NEVER feel full. I am always afraid I will die of eating too much. I have to stop myself and still be hungry. Then when the high is over, pain sets in.

@Sweet Guy so when you say the pain sets back in what do you use it for if you don't mind me asking?  What do you crave sweets or salty chips?  Do you get hungrier smoking or eating or does it even make a difference?

I'm so dang skinny wish it helped!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back