Why you should track safely!

DoomKitty

Here's a link to an article about a person whose identity was primarily discovered because he was tracking intercepted packages:   IP Address .   Here is another article of the same case: IP Address.  Very good reads imo.  The arstechnica article seems to suggest that possibly the package was automatically flagged first because of the tracking and/or other issues, but the Vice article clearly says the pack was intercepted likely due to poor stealth, then the IP address was found that had searched the tracking history of it.  

If you must track i would suggest using a quality vpn (mullvad or similar) and only use a tracker that isn't the carrier's (like 17track/parcelapp/etc).  Tor is another option.  The vpn/tor part is essential as any website can be subpoenaed to give over IP info related to searches.   I would also suggest doing so VERY sparingly, in case recurrence is a somehow a flag.  If you are purchasing large amounts this is beyond essential.  Or ideally, just don't track.   You can usually just email the vendor and ask them where it is, if it seems late.   If other people have tips/suggestions related to tracking, please post them. 

Stay safe everyone. 

@DoomKitty thanks for pointing this out. It is tempting to keep a constant eye on an incoming pack, especially when it is taking longer than normal or it gets stuck along the way.  Probably not the best idea. Since I already have tor, I might as well use it when I do track. 

yes use TOR/VPN and don't sign up for mobile alerts ! all plausible deniability goes out the window.....

Here's a link to an article about a person whose identity was primarily discovered because he was tracking intercepted packages:   IP Address .   Here is another article of the same case: IP Address.  Very good reads imo.  The arstechnica article seems to suggest that possibly the package was automatically flagged first because of the tracking and/or other issues, but the Vice article clearly says the pack was intercepted likely due to poor stealth, then the IP address was found that had searched the tracking history of it.  

If you must track i would suggest using a quality vpn (mullvad or similar) and only use a tracker that isn't the carrier's (like 17track/parcelapp/etc).  Tor is another option.  The vpn/tor part is essential as any website can be subpoenaed to give over IP info related to searches.   I would also suggest doing so VERY sparingly, in case recurrence is a somehow a flag.  If you are purchasing large amounts this is beyond essential.  Or ideally, just don't track.   You can usually just email the vendor and ask them where it is, if it seems late.   If other people have tips/suggestions related to tracking, please post them. 

Stay safe everyone. 
Safest and fastest one ? VPN i use express but sometimes it lags

@EasyMoneySnip3r Im not really familiar with that one.    I like mullvad cuz i can pay with crypto (theres other options of course like cash, or paypal, etc) and it has a real working killswitch.  I was using protonvpn for a while but their killswitch is fucking atrocious and pointless.  Mullvad also runs with Wireguard so you can multi-hop.   They also run a DNS over HTTPS/TLS thats audited.  Great company imo.  And its just a monthly fee so its simple.  No weird pricing structures to lure you in for eternity lol. 

yes use TOR/VPN and don't sign up for mobile alerts ! all plausible deniability goes out the window.....
The 1nformed d3livery from uhh ess pee ess I signed up for many many years ago, even before ordering mags. I don't think they can use that against you.

The tracking sure! I believe that can raise flags, although I agree with the vice article, I presume just after they open a p4ck4ge they would do that probably. 

Just the 1nformed delivery has nothing to do with the specific p4ck4ge etc. Since it shows All m4il incoming. 

Greetings, 

Jiub 

I know N0rdVPN accepts Bitc0in. But Bitc0in is a lot easier to track then people think. Best option is m0ner0 A.K.A. X - M - R but since very few people use it. it's just a bit harder to track at least until more people start using it.

From what I read nobody truly knows much about N0rdVPN. if anyone has used is it good in your opinion?

Is a VPN alone enough for prviacy protection from this kind of thing?

I know N0rdVPN accepts Bitc0in. But Bitc0in is a lot easier to track then people think. Best option is m0ner0 A.K.A. X - M - R but since very few people use it. it's just a bit harder to track at least until more people start using it.

From what I read nobody truly knows much about N0rdVPN. if anyone has used is it good in your opinion?

Is a VPN alone enough for prviacy protection from this kind of thing?
@DoomKitty reffered  me its pretty cool ive only used it mobile tho … so i cant see bitcoin anywhere.. and its cheap 5 bucks so id say its good but i was using express which is faster with way more options but i have not used it non mobile so cant fully elaborate 

Last edited by a moderator:
@EasyMoneySnip3r I've only used 1 so far I don't know which 1 I should use now that my subscription is used up. I've used the free 1 W1ndscribe which they give you like up to 15gb monthly usage. They keep logs for 30 days though.

Im really the furthest thing from an expert on these matters.  r/opsec and similar subreddits have heaps of good info and some extremely knowledgeable folks.    Some thoughts:  As long as the VPN has been independently audited and/or real world tested in courts, is open source and has a truly functional fully-on killswitch I'm sure its fine.  I would not trust ANY free VPN, unless its only free to lure you into purchasing (like protonvpn).  They are definitely making money somehow, rest assured of that lol.  As i said, i like Mullvad because of the plethora of payment options including btc and cash as well as not needing any personal info whatsoever to sign up.  You're simply given a number.  And their killswitch is full on.  Protonvpn's killswitch ONLY works when its connected.  Meaning if you need to switch servers, your internet will be open in between dropping the one and gaining the other connection.  It also isn't active when your computer is booting up and the app hasn't launched yet or if the app suddenly quits.  Just a ridiculous implementation IMO.  It should be always on.   Other than ProtonVPN, ive really only tried PIA (hated) and AirVPN (years and years ago).   And again, VPNs do not make you anonymous!!

And of course a robust TOR and TAILS or similar set up offers a greatly increased degree of anonymity, and is generally the recommended route for drug related matters.  Not without their issues and dangers (especially considering all that's happened in the last year), especially with beginners.  And using TOR/TAILS isn't completely anonymous either, and many folks have been busted in some way simply BECAUSE they were identifiable from using them.  All depends on your threat model or whatever.  For instance, if you are buying large quantities for vending, then you most definitely need to be looking into an extremely secure computer set up thats isolated and NEVER use your phone for anything related to your vending, and you shouldn't be checking tracking imo, and really you shouldnt be getting your advice from a random clearnet DBG member named DoomKitty :81_joy_cat: :81_joy_cat: :81_joy_cat: . 

@porkandbeansboy i think on the official monero site they have a page listing companies that accept monero/xmr.  I believe there are a number of vpns that do that you could check out. 

I saw on the NordVPN website that they no longer offer their 3 year plan that costs 80$ they got a 2 year plan now. They have a summer deal that costs... 2-Year Plan $3.67/mo +3 Months free for 99$ that's almost twice the price of the 3 year plan that they got rid of not that long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any experience or observations about the vpn offering from the protonmail folks?  

@Rob0114 In my previous post i talked briefly about their killswitch issue, but other than their abysmal killswitch i had few problems.  The poorly implemented killswitch was a dealbreaker for me though.  Perhaps its changed since last year, but when i talked to them they didnt seem like they cared too much about it, so other customers of theirs must not be complaining.  I just prefer a killswitch thats always on no matter what.  If the VPN isnt on and working then i dont want internet.   If you dont mind that issue, then it has heaps of server options (including TOR servers) and is a tad more cost effective when bundled with their paid email service.   I havent kept up with any recent privacy issues when them so maybe consult reddit about that. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back