WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE EXPERIENCE

wait4it

SMILES, HEADACHES, REACTIONS

Share your experiences after upgrading to Windows 10, pls.

Had no problems so far except a small one with the start menu, I believe it's resolved now though. 

Friends have cautioned against the free upgrade ... Problem is none of them have done it ... Funny how I become fearful after listening to ppl who don't have any experience ... 

I'm resistant to change, so I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I'm getting it at work so I guess I'll see how good/bad it is before switching. One thing to keep in mind, though, it that it makes it easier for microsoft & by extension the gov't to monitor you computer activity.

The gov't can do that pretty well, but with the free install of Windows 10 you're signing up to let Microsoft collect more of your personal data & share it. Facebook & Google already do that, so it's not that big of a deal but this will be going a step further. The Cortana personal assistant, for instance, will look through your email to find you "tastes" and "preferences." It's interesting that Windows is selling a version of 10 to business called Windows Enterprise that doesn't do all this. 

Makes sense ...

Will look 4 business edition ...

Bigger question is, have we already been captured? ... Yeah, I think so, ...

I have been getting notifications to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I currently use Windows 7. Call me a conspiracy nut but I've heard about Microsoft partnering with the NSA, Homeland security and the US Government to use Windows 10 to monitor what you are doing online. I'm not sure to what extent this is true or not, but I simply don't like the idea of my online activity being monitored. It's not that I am doing anything wrong even, I just don't like it. The Government has no business spying on its citizens unless you present a threat in some way. So I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 10. I've heard a lot of people are starting to use Linux now because it is not as easy to track your activity with that OS.

I don't know about US, but here in UK, your ISP is required to keep records or tracking of your previous 2 years of online activity. I think the government/s can pretty much pull anything up if they wanted to anyway. It's why I don't even bother with safemail or any of the encrypted email providers. May as well hide in plain sight so to speak, though be cautious in communication etc of course. 

I went from Win 7 to Win 8 a while back and regretted it. Thing is, it's designed to make it near on impossible to downgrade back again and I just had to reformat my entire drive and reinstall Win 7 again from scratch. Windows 10 is optional at the moment but I hear at some point we won't have a choice. If this happens, I'll be tempted to just leave windows for good. Windows 7 for me and I'm not budging!

I don't know about US, but here in UK, your ISP is required to keep records or tracking of your previous 2 years of online activity. I think the government/s can pretty much pull anything up if they wanted to anyway. It's why I don't even bother with safemail or any of the encrypted email providers. May as well hide in plain sight so to speak, though be cautious in communication etc of course. 
yeah I'm pretty sure if you are a real law breaker and they want you, they can find you. I don't think Internet crimes are impossible to track in some way or another. I was thinking maybe you can get a VPN, which is a service that lets you log in and then let you choose a different IP to browse the web, but who knows maybe that can be traced back to the VPN company and then they could be subpoenaed and have to turn over the records of all of their clients. I'm not an expert in the field of computer/Internet stealth so I couldn't really tell you for sure. 

This is the way i do things to ..If the feds want you they shall ..No matter if your encrypted to the max...I think allot of people think that the main bother comes from holding large sums  of meds but its not its the intent to supply ..Look at the guy caught in kirkaldy fife there 33 thousand pills ..They have classed it as £33k worth so raiting them a pound each when indeed they wont have cost that ..But its the intent to supply that causes the hassles ..One thing i like using is wikr ..Messaging service just like whats-app but deletes your messages after 1 day ..Think thats one area we can become a little sloppy what were doing via text .

Scheduled the free upgrade the other day ... Got home to phone msg from "weknowwhourandwhereulive" microhardheart telling me a fatal error had occurred ... How did they get my home phone?

Existing laptop running off win7prem now seriously ill. WTF!!

An electronic invasion which caused damage? 

This craziness finally got settled yesterday!

After the assisted upgrade, there was more assistance fixing stuff ... Turns out the specific model I have was never tested for Windows 10, meaning if u have probs after installing, go back to prior system, (driver compatibility). This finally came from a thinking help desk person! 

I upgraded and then went back to Windows 7. Just wasn't ready to let go I guess. My husband and son both have 10 and have no problems or complaints. 

I went from Win 7 to Win 8 a while back and regretted it. Thing is, it's designed to make it near on impossible to downgrade back again and I just had to reformat my entire drive and reinstall Win 7 again from scratch. Windows 10 is optional at the moment but I hear at some point we won't have a choice. If this happens, I'll be tempted to just leave windows for good. Windows 7 for me and I'm not budging!
This X100.

If you are a Windows 7 guy and upgraded, I feel very very bad for you.

I also keep automatic updates turned off since April 2016, they simply are not stable anymore and relevant. Feels so nice to be able to stop updates and uploads to my computer.

You cant do that with 10, among other things...I feel blessed.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back