Withdrawal help

TheOnlyAlaska

Hey, 

So I'm new here, new to doing any forums like this I guess. I tried smart recovery and there's little to no community on there who are willing to offer advice or help. So here I am. From what I can see, it's pretty well used and I haven't seen any trolling so far. I'm not using my real name because of work. But yeah. For the past 9 years, I've been addicted to tramadol. I'm desperate to get off of it! Some days I only take 200mg, but more often than not, around 400-600 a day. Sometimes more. I've tried going cold turkey since the doctor has said they WON'T help me. But that ended terribly. Withdrawal is hell and I've been told that you can use subutex to help with the symptoms or benzos seem to be a big one suggested on other forums. Any ideas? Tips etc. To deal with the withdrawal or how to make detox faster? I need a legal, discreet way. I live in the uk, so a lot of things you can get overseas aren't legal here, and with work I can't risk going into a walk in clinic. My work is my whole life, so I just can't face that risk. Not if there are any other options available to me 

Alaska

I was in the same exact position as you. I ended up going to a Suboxone clinic. The doctor was incredibly friendly. The medication immediately eliminated all cravings and withdrawals. Is Suboxone illegal there?

@TheOnlyAlaska has the root cause of your doctors reason to prescribe them in the first place subsided in anyway? I say that on the assumption of most Drs would max dose 400 and you say you sometimes go over that limit. Do you supplement your prescription at all?

I have a friend who is in the same predicament as you, he has drug testing but he has been prescribed Tramadol so it can be allowed at a certain level. he tapered off over a period of 6 months solely with alcohol , he is now down to one dose 50mg, spread over the day, he has half of a bottle of wine at night, where he finds the withdrawal symptoms worst. he can't take anything else, ie benzos, weed etc. his alcohol consumption has not increased, but he had no alternative, he couldn't go to a private clinic due to work commitments, like yourself, plus he didn't have the funds for it.

I must say, paradoxically, I was addicted to tamazepam, (in the days when doctors handing them out on repeat prescriptions) and went cold turkey. it was when I was on holiday and I said, ive had enough of this, no more pills. Well I went turbo on vodka the whole time, I pleaded with a doctor to prescribe them, that was in Barbados, he didn't entertain it, even with my prescription  slip. in the end I was buying diphenhydramine (nytol) and getting wasted everyday. I got home and was straight to get my prescription but ended up drinking too which eventually  took over the tamazepam. After two years of heavy drinking I went into rehab, and that is ten years as of yesterday. I still like benzos, but I'm in a better state of mind, that said I still don't sleep.

My advice to you, and if you have the cash and at least two weeks, go to a private clinic. your GP won't know, but one thing's for sure, it won't get any better unless you get help and change your lifestyle. if you don't have drug scans at work and you could trust a friend or family member to order, try a long lasting benzo but don't overdo it. I'm only giving you my experience and equally, my friends tapering with alcohol. but there are better placed users on here with much more knowledge than me

All the best

A

Hi @TheOnlyAlaska, I was in the exact same positon as yourself!  The first time I reduced gradually and transferred over to codeine and/or cocodamol 30mg or 30/500, it helped fantastically, and after a month with little discomfort, the worst side effect of transferring was feeling down in the dumps abd occasional sweats. After that I just reduced the codeine eventually using the OTC Cocodamol 8/15, then just reduced the dosages of that from there. Everyone is different of course. But I have great confidence in you stabilising and reducing the dose gradually, it seems you really want to do it! Diaz can help also, but if used, make sure it's at a low dose for the shortest amount of time or just as required, but if you could do without that, I would stay away from benzos. Just my opinion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on a 24mg Dose if Subutex/Suboxone for several years and was terribly addicted. Not only that, it numbed me emotionally. In addition, because it blocks most other opiates, good luck if you need pain control for severe pain while on it.  I went to an Ibogaine clinic In Mexico and they got me off it in a day. If Ibogaine isn’t legal in your country it’s probably legal in another country you can fly to in a matter of hours. If you have the money for the treatment I would highly recommend it. Ibogaine will definitely get you clean. But if you have an addiction problem it won’t likely keep you clean. Good luck to you!

I to am on a sub programme and after 28 years they are taking me off soo I terrified of what's to come last time they tried my life went upside down so I wish you all the best to anyone coming off .,,

Hi there,

I am on a program they call MMT  (Methadone Maintenance Therapy)

It was introduced in my country many, many years ago when they first started giving

methadone to drug addict$ as a 'Detox Agent'.   No person was supposed to be on

methadone for longer than the duration of there detox  (8 to 10 weeks)

Yet here i am, Twenty Six years later and still on 100mls  of methadone daily, along

with 30mg of di@zepam and 30mg of flur@zepam.   Yes, Detox Agent my a$$..!!

Please don't get me wrong, i'm Not complaining because the 'Medicine' helps me function

like a normal person. I.E. I can go about my daily life without been in pain, i can do a days work

and do it right and safely and do whatever else has to be done.

They recently introduced Drug Driving laws in my country, and since i'm on the road a lot i was

concerned when these laws came into affect as they are clearly flawed.  The test only checks

for the presence of Cannabis, Opiates and Cocaine.  I know 3 people that have hat there licence

taken away from them because of having Solpadeine in there system ('cos it contains Codeine)

and therefore comes back as a positive Opiate test. The authorities need to get there sh1t together! 

Sorry for the rant!

Anyway, @TheOnlyAlaska  i know this post is a little old but i sincerely hope you managed to pull through

to the other side as addiction is a biatch and i wouldn't wish it on anyone.. 

Regards,  T.

Subs would help. I was on them for 6 yrs but you have to know how to dose, lowest effective dose you need, most stable ROA, how to taper, etc.

A habit like that you could probably crush with 1mg of sub a day imho. I would dose .5mg intranasal in water twice a day with an eye dropper for steady BA (bioavailabilty). See if you feel stable there then go down or up as needed (only as needed).

Then all you need is a quick taper... as quick or slow as you can handle. I'd do 1mg for 3 days, .5mg for 4 days, .25mg for 3 days then stop. If it's still too tough sleepwise go down to .125 for 3-4 more days then stop worst you'll get is a few nights of light insomnia & fatigue.

You could also use kratom for the nerves and a low dose of inderal for adrenaline. But I'm not a big fan of kratom for acute wds there's too much variation from batch and the short half life murks up the math of dosing.

Yeah i agree with the second post. When x@N@X does get hold of you its not an easy time to shake that monkey of your back

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back