Working through an injury

Hammerblow

Spammers
Despite careful preparation, which includes proper warm-up, and stretching as well as proper procedures following a workout; injuries do occur.

As a result of the measures mentioned above most injuries are minor. Although an injury may be minor; it can still cause a great deal of discomfort and pain.

However, the question still remains; do we workout while injured? The answer of course, depends on the type and severity of the injury?

Years ago, athletes from all walks of life, babied injuries and usually tried waiting for them to heal before returning to the gym. Doctors did the same type of approach with post surgical patients.

Most injuries suffered from working out will involve pulled or torn muscles, strained or partially torn ligaments and tendons. Taking extra care to warm-up the injured area prior to the workout is crucial.

Pulled or torn muscles can be very difficult to heal depending on the location of the muscle, and the severity of the injury. When the muscle spasms, it tends to knot up and becomes more likely to keep getting re-injured.

Most people will think of a pulled or torn muscle in the common areas that they exercise; for example; legs arms, chest, shoulders, or back. Although the injury may be in one of these areas; it may not be the result of working out.

For example, many muscular athletes often pull and tear muscles when they are not in the gym or exercising. When they are in the gym, or on the playing field; their bodies have been prepared properly for the activity they will be engaging in. However, when they are off the field, and totally unprepared injuries often occur.

When unprepared for exercise, the body temperature is lower, and a simple movement such as bending over to pick up something, getting out of a chair, sneezing, or coughing; can cause havoc. This is especially true for heavily muscled bodybuilders!

Most people who are not extremely muscular are not as likely to suffer from the scenarios as mentioned above.

Treating pulled muscles involves massage, heat therapy, and stretching. It also involves proper diet, and proper supplementation. Taking higher doses of vitamin C and protein may help to promote healing of torn and pulled muscles.

As mentioned, exercise itself when done properly helps to promote healing. Although it may be painful to workout an injured muscle, bearing with the pain may well be worth it, as the injury may heal quicker. Today's school of thought is to work through injury and not baby it.

Once again, we repeat, when it comes to athletic injuries it is best to assess the injury, and determine the best strategy for working through it if possible. On rare occasions, it is possible that that refraining from exercise for a period of time may be the best thing. Use common sense when making this decision!

Tendon, ligament and joint injuries also require proper warm-up before exercise. People must be very careful to begin with light weights when they have this type of injury. They can gradually increase the resistance as the area gets warmer, has more blood flow, and can tolerate the pain. Failure to do this can result in serious damage.

Also, there are many wonderful sports wraps available for elbows, hands and wrists, as well as knees. The wrap acts as a support for the ligaments and tendons involved. This relieves some of the pressure and stress on the joints during the movements, allowing a person to not only perform a workout which would be impossible; but to perform that workout and a fairly high level.

AS AAS USERS WE CAN USE HGH, DECA, AND A FEW OF THE SARMS WHICH HAVE HEALING EFFECTS ON TENDONS AND LIGAMENTS!

Once again, diet and supplementation is crucial to healing joint tendon in ligament damage. Lots of vitamin C, and a very good formula containing both Glucosamine and Condroitin have shown dramatic impact on this type of condition.

As you learn to overcome your injuries and work through them; the pattern of “toughing it out” becomes a very valuable lesson for winning at many other things in life.

Learning to keep going in the face of adversity, until we succeed, is something that has no price. Working through your pain, and observing that you conquered it and succeeded; demonstrates what you are capable of. It is something to be very proud!

Peace!

R

Hammerblow we are big advocators in taking time off. Literally it means time off. All of our injuries have healed 100% through this approach including a quad tendon tear.

Most people who train too early or through injury end up with permanent damage. We also do not believe in masking pain through pain killers either.

I’ll reiterate never ever mask an injury by using painkillers to get through a workout. The damage you could potentially cause yourself is genuinely not worth the risk. Deload have a couple of weeks off...muscle memory is a beautiful thing.

But I also have no time for frilly knickers at the first sign of a bit of discomfort using it as an excuse. Bodybuilding is hard, it’s painful, repetitive and commitment. You need to put the work in and push past your comfort zone, you learn a lot about yourself.

But I also have no time for frilly knickers at the first sign of a bit of discomfort using it as an excuse. Bodybuilding is hard, it’s painful, repetitive and commitment. You need to put the work in and push past your comfort zone, you learn a lot about yourself.
DOM's for instance...

I do think that with age , one must adapt training to 'smarter' training.
It has taken a long time for me to adjust as not training with the same weights or even intensity (at times) was self defeating, in my psychology.

However longevity is the name of the game as you get older. I am watching some of my peers who haven't lifted their foot off the gas literally and figuratively, completely fall apart recently. Its really sad to view.

DOM's for instance...

I do think that with age , one must adapt training to 'smarter' training.
It has taken a long time for me to adjust as not training with the same weights or even intensity (at times) was self defeating, in my psychology.

However longevity is the name of the game as you get older. I am watching some of my peers who haven't lifted their foot off the gas literally and figuratively, completely fall apart recently. Its really sad to view.
I completely agree as you get older you have to train smarter which doesn’t mean you stop training hard. It just means back off the 300-400kg deadlifts and 1000+ kg leg press. By the time you’ve hit and maybe passed your ‘peak’ you should have developed  solid thick musculature and good maturity. I know legs are the hardest thing to keep a hold off but so is your spine. I’d much rather be walking around as Jay rather than being rolled around like Ronnie. Medical science,, steroids, HG, SARMS can fix a lot but that type of deterioration no chance. I’ve even seen guys with conplete muscle atrophy from nerve damage. You should always be aware when your time at the top is coming to a close and accept maintenance hypertrophy and smart polypharmacy isn’t the end of the world. Dave Polumbo or Dexter? I know how I’d rather be. 

Legs...damn....They atrophy the quickest and I am not sure why that is, physiologically?

It makes no sense when you think that you are in constant use of those muscles in movement and probably the most weight bearing muscles in the body as well as the glutes..

I would like to know what type of 'TRT' Jay uses as he still looks well.

I’d love to know too might do a bit of research on it. Levrone really struggled to bring his legs back although they weren’t amazing in the first place. Not world class anyway but thst first comeback Olympia was  sad to watch. 

Big Jay looks fantastic a lot sorfer obviously but he’s still held on to a lot of his size and looks healthy. Big Dorian ain’t big Dorian anymore. He’s more into self discovery and DMT these days now. Fair play to him. 

Despite careful preparation, which includes proper warm-up, and stretching as well as proper procedures following a workout; injuries do occur.

As a result of the measures mentioned above most injuries are minor. Although an injury may be minor; it can still cause a great deal of discomfort and pain.

However, the question still remains; do we workout while injured? The answer of course, depends on the type and severity of the injury?

Years ago, athletes from all walks of life, babied injuries and usually tried waiting for them to heal before returning to the gym. Doctors did the same type of approach with post surgical patients.

Most injuries suffered from working out will involve pulled or torn muscles, strained or partially torn ligaments and tendons. Taking extra care to warm-up the injured area prior to the workout is crucial.

Pulled or torn muscles can be very difficult to heal depending on the location of the muscle, and the severity of the injury. When the muscle spasms, it tends to knot up and becomes more likely to keep getting re-injured.

Most people will think of a pulled or torn muscle in the common areas that they exercise; for example; legs arms, chest, shoulders, or back. Although the injury may be in one of these areas; it may not be the result of working out.

For example, many muscular athletes often pull and tear muscles when they are not in the gym or exercising. When they are in the gym, or on the playing field; their bodies have been prepared properly for the activity they will be engaging in. However, when they are off the field, and totally unprepared injuries often occur.

When unprepared for exercise, the body temperature is lower, and a simple movement such as bending over to pick up something, getting out of a chair, sneezing, or coughing; can cause havoc. This is especially true for heavily muscled bodybuilders!

Most people who are not extremely muscular are not as likely to suffer from the scenarios as mentioned above.

Treating pulled muscles involves massage, heat therapy, and stretching. It also involves proper diet, and proper supplementation. Taking higher doses of vitamin C and protein may help to promote healing of torn and pulled muscles.

As mentioned, exercise itself when done properly helps to promote healing. Although it may be painful to workout an injured muscle, bearing with the pain may well be worth it, as the injury may heal quicker. Today's school of thought is to work through injury and not baby it.

Once again, we repeat, when it comes to athletic injuries it is best to assess the injury, and determine the best strategy for working through it if possible. On rare occasions, it is possible that that refraining from exercise for a period of time may be the best thing. Use common sense when making this decision!

Tendon, ligament and joint injuries also require proper warm-up before exercise. People must be very careful to begin with light weights when they have this type of injury. They can gradually increase the resistance as the area gets warmer, has more blood flow, and can tolerate the pain. Failure to do this can result in serious damage.

Also, there are many wonderful sports wraps available for elbows, hands and wrists, as well as knees. The wrap acts as a support for the ligaments and tendons involved. This relieves some of the pressure and stress on the joints during the movements, allowing a person to not only perform a workout which would be impossible; but to perform that workout and a fairly high level.

AS AAS USERS WE CAN USE HGH, DECA, AND A FEW OF THE SARMS WHICH HAVE HEALING EFFECTS ON TENDONS AND LIGAMENTS!

Once again, diet and supplementation is crucial to healing joint tendon in ligament damage. Lots of vitamin C, and a very good formula containing both Glucosamine and Condroitin have shown dramatic impact on this type of condition.

As you learn to overcome your injuries and work through them; the pattern of “toughing it out” becomes a very valuable lesson for winning at many other things in life.

Learning to keep going in the face of adversity, until we succeed, is something that has no price. Working through your pain, and observing that you conquered it and succeeded; demonstrates what you are capable of. It is something to be very proud!

Peace!

R
Have avoided and helped many others avoid surgery with TB500.  After two decades of high level lifting and physique, along with all the gear and expertise I have (used to advise about 250 for gear), there is nothing as good as TB500 and it is cheap!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back