2016 NBA CHAMPS

I may be biased, but I think coach Pop has something for them ( they BETTER meet this year in the PO's

My home team the Warriors of course. Too bad they had to finally lose to Milwaukee last weekend. I hope they stay healthy.

The safe money is on the Warriors but a lot can happen between now & the playoffs. If Curry breaks an arm those odds are going to change.

2earls.

Assuming no injuries between the Spurs and Warriors, seven game series, how do you see it going down?

(this is an honest question hoping for an unbiased answer. I'm so sick of typical Yahoo/ESPN blog type convo)

Oh, and...come on... " too bad" they had to lose? They won 24 freaking games before hand.  There is no "too bad they had to" when you're anywhere over....say...10 wins in a row? Lol.  

You guys just took the world to school, it's not college football, perfection is most likely impossible 

Haven't watched for a few years, but have been looking at the Warriors.  Injuries excepted, I think only SA can give them a run.  Just watched them walk over Portland in Game 1.  Portland is young, only one guy on their team has ever been in any playoff game, but they will be good if they stick together.  GS just has too many guns. Their big forwards can move and have touch.  Their defense won't allow most teams a decent look at the basket.  All aspects of their game, with or without Curry, is a machine.  Minus Curry, SA will make a good challenge.  It's like watching Nicklaus or Tiger in their prime.  Don't know about the hype, don't watch sports commentary, just going by what I've seen. 

I'm really hoping GS can get to the finals without Curry. Since I agree with @SheratonGibson that San Antonio will be their biggest challenge, I'm a little nervous. They were tough during the regular season WITH Steph playing.

Very frustrating to be a Warriors fan and have our big star injured, but it may make for more competitive and interesting games.

Well, last night's San Antonio Game against Oklahoma was interesting.  SA couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the first quarter, and Oklahoma was hitting a lot of low percentage shots.  Pretty even until a mistaken "no call" for a technical in the last few seconds.  Blatant miss or no call by the refs, but that stuff happens. 

I don't know why the coaches, or contracts, or media feel the need to interview a pissed-off coach after a loss, and ask them why they lost.  Popovich clearly didn't want to be interviewed, and you could feel the media in the room get more and more timid about asking him anything, ha.  It was kind of funny, but not necessary. 

GS tonight.  Project Curry might be back for game 3.  If GS wins tonight might not see Curry in game 3 or just a testing amount.  I'm sure Portland will try something different tonight.  They should just throw out all the stops and try anything, the old "Statue of Liberty" pass play, or "the barking dog".  Gotta try something risky.

Sheraton Gibson

Last edited by a moderator:
Game 3, GS against Blazers.  Blazers didn't fold in 4th quarter like last game.  Simply beat GS. GS didn't have its best shooting night, but nevertheless, Portland played a great game, all the way.  Lillard, I think is correct spelling, was Stephan Curry through most of the game especially 2nd half.  Portland had to win.  No team against any of the playoff teams can go down 3-0, and expect to get through, so they did it.  They found several ways to get by GS vaunted defense.  Good game Portland. 

Curry still looking sharp in his suit on the bench.  Sprains can be worse than breaks for healing.  I don't expect GS to have such a poor shooting game next matchup.  And would be surprised if Portland can keep the same high percentage.  Hope Curry feels better soon.  Portland has some guys, but man, GS missed a lot of floaters, bad at the line.  Next game will be fun. 

SheratonG

Game 3, GS against Blazers.  Blazers didn't fold in 4th quarter like last game.  Simply beat GS. GS didn't have its best shooting night, but nevertheless, Portland played a great game, all the way.  Lillard, I think is correct spelling, was Stephan Curry through most of the game especially 2nd half.  Portland had to win.  No team against any of the playoff teams can go down 3-0, and expect to get through, so they did it.  They found several ways to get by GS vaunted defense.  Good game Portland. 

Curry still looking sharp in his suit on the bench.  Sprains can be worse than breaks for healing.  I don't expect GS to have such a poor shooting game next matchup.  And would be surprised if Portland can keep the same high percentage.  Hope Curry feels better soon.  Portland has some guys, but man, GS missed a lot of floaters, bad at the line.  Next game will be fun. 

SheratonG
@Sheraton, very true. First of all it is very difficult to beat a playoff team 3 times in a row. Especially without your best player Curry. Lasly, Portland has always been a difficult place to win for the road team. Great games to watch lately. 

Exactly right MA.  I was just looking at one side of the coin.  The other side, as you say--especially since all teams left have already won 1st-bracket series--all these teams are tough, and not likely to see a 4-0 series by anybody.  The spread of talent in all the playoff teams is amazing, much more even than 20-30 years ago. 

I was watching San Antonio last game, and I think it was their shooting guard "Leonard".  He runs at he basket like he's running the 50-yard dash, no turn on a dime, no fakes, more fast that quick, and manages to get the ball up for layout, hardly see him putting it up.  Hope I got the right guy, he did it several times in the game.  Just a lot of amazing players, and makes GS year even more impressive, and means there's no team that can't win or lose on a given night.

SheratonG

Last night was not fun to watch except for the opponents player "Lillard" I believe is his name and he gave a great Steph Curry impersonation shooting threes from outer space.

After that dismal outing I'm more anxious to see Curry return answer they are saying it's possible he may play in game 4.

Yes 2Earls, Lillard is another one of those guys.  On a night, he can kill you.  Tonight is another "must win" for Portland.  Don't know about Curry's knee.  If you "re sprain" a sprain, could take you out for the year, so I'm sure they don't want to take that chance until they have to.  So, unless he's 100% good, I don't expect to see him start tonight.  If GS can put it at 3-1 tonight, might not see him next game either.  Big night, get you popcorn ready.

SheratonG

Some game for those who missed game 4 GS/Blazers.  Curry came off bench soon, as Blazers blazed to a big first quarter run.  2nd quarter was mainly watching each team take turns walking back and forth on the court to take foul shots.  Curry was 0 for 10 shooting.   4th quarter Curry started to show up.  Overtime, one of the most dominate shooting shows in playoff history, for Curry.  17 points, ended with 40 I think.  Green was also outstanding and Spaeth, off the bench, was a power again.  Overall, what a sight.  At 3-1, back to CA, GS will close the door.  You never know though with guys like Lillard.  That's why they play the games.  Great series.

SheratonG

I have to back out on my prediction of SA versus GS.  San Antonio is good, outstanding at home.  Duncan and Parker are--I think--both in their mid thirties.  Young, but not for NBA.  That series could go either way. 

Tonight, Curry will start.  I predict 50 points from him. 

SheratonG

I have to re-think that vision of Curry scoring 50, ha.  Another day.  Excellent game to close out the series.  4-1 sounds a lot more uneven than it was, all games were tough, and look out for the young Blazers in the next few years. 

OK could close the Spurs tonight.  Duncan isn't called on to score much any more, so maybe Tony can dial back the clock ten years for a game.  Don't know the rest of the team that well, but haven't seen they have the point or big man to really step in and fill the shoes of two future hall of famers. 

No predictions.  I don't know if either team is as tough as the Blazers. 

Sheraton G

Whew! Glad to close out that series. Portland was a tough opponent and put up a helluva fight. I'm surprised that Oklahoma may be the next team we face. Hopefully SA will win and take that series to game 7.

It looks like the Cavaliers will no doubt beat the winner of Toronto /Miami. And they will face the winner of OKC and Golden State. I'm thinking Warriors will win barring injuries. But that's why they play the games! Great season so far!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back