2016 NBA CHAMPS

Well, Oklahoma showed why they are in this last night.  Barkley said before the series that Toronto needed to win one of the first two games--I think it was Barkley; and OKC has done that, at GS. 

Three of the four commentators represent a trio of some of the best players in modern history, but sometimes they show a slight bias toward the ooaches and fans, an insider disdain.  I remember that obvious foul when I think it was GS, was trying to inbound the ball, and the player obviously pushed the defender with his forearm and elbow.  Charles went ballistic, and I think it was Shaq who said, "Look at those fans pointing, and they don't know anything about basketball."  There are fans who know a lot about basketball.  I know his point was not to dismiss the fans . . . never the less. 

Last night, as the fourth quarter was in 5 or 7 minutes to the end, I kept thinking GS was shooting too quickly, not using the power of their team offense to set up a shot.  Coach Kerr said the same in his spare comments after the game.  Charles and Shaq just dismissed the idea, saying if they had gone in, then it would have been good basketball.  They are right, but Kerr, the actual coach, was right also.  They were putting up the shots without attempting to set up, without running probably the best offensive half court team in the league.  So, you have to take some of their commentary with a grain of salt. 

Otherwise, just another tough ass team, like the Blazers, is Toronto.  They can put out a lineup that averages close to 7 feet.  Like Barkley, I agree that GS has to bring in a bigger lineup then,  unless the little guys are hitting their shots. 

Gonna be a good series.  I'm still waiting for the "big big" game from Steph.  Nothing like a player putting up 30+ points in first half to get the opposition over-thinking in the 2nd.

Go GS

SheratonG

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew. Much relieved with the outcome of game 2. More what I expected. I'm routing for the Sharks too, a lot of home town sports excitement. Not a Giants fan though.

Anyway, I don't mean to go off on a tangent. When GS wins ;) I was hoping to play the Raptors. Don't really want to face the same opponent as last year. How is their series going @SheratonGibson?

Hey Earls,

Easy to say "X" team just looks too tough, then you remember that it's the final four.  Raptors looked like they would be an easy lunch, then they come back and put it to the Cavs.  LaBron is still the best big man around, but the Raptors took it to them.  I'm still picking the Cavs.

But, I never paid much attention to OKC.  Tonight they bounce back with a 30+ point win on GS.  GS had it to about 40-49 or so, then Oklahoma forced them out of their game and boom, 25 point lead at half.  And it got worse. 

I kind of like to watch closer games, but any of these four teams can catch fire.  They are all a trip to watch at this point.  All the ball handling and passing that would have been amazing 20 years ago are just part of the game now.  More money, taller and taller, stronger, and smarter.  That's the game now.  Should be able to field one heckuva Olympic team this time around.

Sheraton Geez I can't believe it

Hey Earls,

Easy to say "X" team just looks too tough, then you remember that it's the final four.  Raptors looked like they would be an easy lunch, then they come back and put it to the Cavs.  LaBron is still the best big man around, but the Raptors took it to them.  I'm still picking the Cavs.

But, I never paid much attention to OKC.  Tonight they bounce back with a 30+ point win on GS.  GS had it to about 40-49 or so, then Oklahoma forced them out of their game and boom, 25 point lead at half.  And it got worse. 

I kind of like to watch closer games, but any of these four teams can catch fire.  They are all a trip to watch at this point.  All the ball handling and passing that would have been amazing 20 years ago are just part of the game now.  More money, taller and taller, stronger, and smarter.  That's the game now.  Should be able to field one heckuva Olympic team this time around.

Sheraton Geez I can't believe it

Raptors/Cavaliers,

Close game, good game.  More fun than the 30 point blowouts.  Just another example of equality in the league at the top levels.  Guys go on the playground at 7 years old and start playing.  Lots of them.  They grow to 6'8" and they have ability, game smarts, and conditioning.  Difference is that there are simply more of them now than ever.  Lots of people counted Toronto out before they ever took the floor.  Now it's 2-2.  Labron, at 13 years in the league is still outstanding.  Some commentators got on him for not being more selfish, but he slowed a step in the later 2nd half.  He's always been a guy who shared the ball, and he's still something to behold.  No one his size since Akeem the Dream moves as well for his size. 

Yet, the Raptors won, barely.  No more dynasties, no more Celtics, Lakers winning year after year.  Big guys move like guards 20 years ago, guards are a blur.  I barely remember Pistol Pete.  His college team mates had to adjust to his game, his ball handling, and his "no look" passes.  Now all stuff is part of the game and there are probably 50 Pistol Petes.  Last game or two I saw Labron make a "bullet" pass from half court, across to a corner, one handed, and if I'd of been in that corner I'd have just gotten the hell out of the way, ha. 

Only thing that bothers me about today's game are the fouls.  Sometimes it seems like commercials and free throws dominate the action.  Go to the basket, get a foul, learn to get that foul.  Is a flagrant a flagrant "1" or a flagrant "2"?  Too many fouls are called for not enough contact.  Learn to flop, learn to flail. 

Otherwise, it's just something to watch these guys.  Any of the four teams can win the title. 

GS tomorrow 2earls.  Hard for Steph to be Steph at this stage.  Hope he pulls that 50 out now. 

Go GS.

SheratonG

Well, 3-1 now.  Only nine teams in playoff history--I think they said-- have come back from 3-1.  GS just looks gassed.  Their passing is sleepy, their shooting percentage is not good.  I think they will win the next one.  I think they will lose the series.  Hope I'm wrong.  OKC is outplaying them, simply.  Westbrook and Durant, and the limping giant Adams, make a good team by themselves so far.  Adams is 7', 255 pounds, but he plays larger, if that's possible.  Could be the next big man.  Curry has been shut down, just good defense by OKC.  21 turnovers by GS.  Can't do that.  Comrades, I pound my shoe again now, on the podium, go GS.

The finals will be great, regardless. 

SG

Goodluck to the Warriors. They will need it. If any team can come back it will be them. Durant and Westbrook should not have been underestimated. Which I think they were. Ask the Spurs. They are still shocked. I agree Warriors will probably win game 5. I really liked the Warriors but something about Green just rubs me the wrong way. He is a very good player however, dirty and over rated in my opinion. People were comparing him to Magic Johnson. Blasphemy! Jk. Trust me. If he was as good as Magic he would not be the 3rd best player on any team and the Warriors would have gone 82 -0. Ok Maybe not. Lol 

Sorry for my rant. 

No rant there Meth, good points.  On the face of it, it seems crazy that teams so close can battle to the wire in one game, and then have a blowout in the next.  I think it's like chess between two masters.  Just a mistake or two between equals and the game can end early, same for these teams.  Yeah, Green is no Magic, but the press like to find the next _______ (name here).  Magic was almost unarguably the best ball handling big guard in history.  Then, you have to count the years at the top of the game, etc.  Green is a force when he's hot.  Dirty, probably, but the flagrant emphasized that, and raises the current topic of preferential fouls assessed for certain players, or during playoffs.  For me, flagrants are "flagrant" and "drawn" fouls should have new rule for them, just too many.  But that would add yet another level of interpretation for the refs, more video review, more commercials.  So no easy answer,  I just get tired of "drives to the basket, draws the foul". Not to take Green's part, but Karl Malone was also a "dirty" player, and elbows notwithstanding, still one of the best power forwards in the games' history.  Used to love the pic play, Malone to the skinny white kid, Stockton.  Other teams knew it was coming, watched the setup, and still couldn't stop it.  That's what Curry has to do. 

Curry is really overdue.  OKC has specialized in covering him, but I hope they can't stop him tonight. 

SG

@SheratonGibson, Karl Malone was crazy bad! The dude was a force. Elbows and knees But everybody knew it. If you got too close you are getting nailed! No excuses because I never liked him i hated him. The part I don't like about players like Green is they try and say it was a basketball move. I don't buy it for one minute. He even said that he didn't know that he had kicked the player in his privates until he saw the replay. Please. These players are at the top of there profession, practice everyday. They know exactly where they are at every second of the game.

Ugh, I am depressed. Where did Curry go? Is he more injured than we know? I doubt he turned into a bad player overnight. Will be praying for a miracle, but not really expecting one. As @SheratonGibson pointed out, the odds stink.

I couldn't stand "the mailman". Loved Magic. I credit him with getting me into basketball as a kid. Lakers were my first team. Used to go watch them play GS in Oakland.

Great game.  GS played the game that got them there.  Also thought the commentators played a good game last night.  Mo Speights, Liningston, Green--14 rebounds, no dirty stuff--all contributed.  Curry got 31, Thompson something close to that.  Boguts was outstanding, even though he moves in slow motion compared to other players, ha.  That was the team. 

Shaq made the same point.  If the bench comes through, and Curry and Thompson just have decent games, they are the team.  Another good point by Shaq, Durant, who scored 40, has to take too many shots.  He's had great % all through the series, and all the great players have up and down games.  He's due for a not-so-great shooting night.  You can't stop his deep paint 2s and threes, his right arm is taller than I am.  But, they have less spread of points.  You just can't stop Westbrook.  He was the guy I wasn't sure about the name in an earlier post in last series that just runs a track record when he heads for the board.  He makes a lateral step no one can guard, then blasts out of the blocks and there isn't time to take a charge, it's goal or foul.  But Durant could be their Achilles heel if he has just one bad game.  Curry and Klay can do it either way, outside or in. 

Still tough, gotta win three in a row, but the high shooting percentage and game of OKC for this one gives me hope.  I don't think they can play every game that way.  If GS can win the next, it will be one game.  The idea of must win three in a row goes out the window. 

What makes this GS team one of best in history showed last night.  They have the MVP, but I think maybe the team is the super star.

Almost had a seizure when Barnes fouled Durant on that late three point, otherwise, never in doubt. 

Go GS.

Dunno, could be La Bron is better that Akeem.  It's close, but have to pick Durant at this point.  He's a ball handling freight train with a Akeem's touch.  Can't believe the guy has been in 13 years.  I guess he so big and strong he's handed out a lot more pain than he's taken. 

Tonigth's the night.  If you want more that a replay of last years finals, you might get it.  It's a literal must win for GS, but kind of one for OKC also.  If not it's back to GS, and maybe the toughest game OKC will face in the playoffs.  Put your best hex on Durant for tonight.

Go GS, but gotta respect OKC.  May the best team win.   

SG

Thank you, basketball gods.  Doesn't matter if Klay is Curry or if Curry is Curry.  41 from Klay, outstanding all around  game for Steph. 

I'm glad to say I told you so.  Durant had a good game, but just not another ass kicking %.  He actually missed sometimes. 

Game 7 coming.  Whoo hoo!

SG

Game 7 OKC and Golden State Warriors 

All the momentum is now on the Warriors side!

Cavs are waiting! I think the Cavs have a better chance of beating OKC but the way they are playing who knows. However, I don't believe the Cavs have been battle tested this year due to the weak eastern conference. 

I bet on the game tonight and it was the perfect outcome. Nothing better than a close, come from behind all game, victory. We are on vacation called of course, came back to the hotel to watch; only to find the TV box not working. Waiting to see if Mr. Maintenance man would fix it in time, was just as tense as the game.

I bet big on game 5. Took the Warriors. Stayed away from game 6. Really was leaning on Warriors but did not pull the trigger. Game 5 was a desperation game at home. So I felt really good about that. I am thinking of taking Warriors -7 for game 7. Not sure yet. Overall, I think GS is a better team but if Westbrook can take care of the ball and not shoot a low fg% OKC is dangerous. OKC coach has done a great job in the playoffs so I don't underestimate them. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back