80's Music...

I loved New Order's first album, Movement I think it was called. And I'm sure they re-recorded 'In A Lonely Place', originally had Ian Curtis' vocals. Gorgeous song... I know it was before they found their own 'identity'...but I really enjoyed it.

I like lots of todays music....my fav obsession these days is five finger death punch...particularly "wash it all away"

I was born 86 but was never brought up with David Bowie playing

Was always the Eagles/Bruce Springsteen/Fleetwood mac  etc

What i did notice when Bowie died was allot of people around my age or younger saying "he was shit" and to me i did not like his music but anyone to write him of as just shit really dont understand music .Even tho not a fan i will always recognize how big he was for my generation and what he did for music :)  

My personal fav is Bruce (The Boss) Just think for his age etc hes is still as great as he was years ago ..Also Queen/Elvis what great showmen and ultimate stars they were/are 

Ah, The Cure. Greatest Gothirama concert I ever attented. Loving all the nostalgia here.

@theview good point. I don't like people putting down other people's music, even though I admit to doing it to my husband when he's playing rap.

I'm so jealous, the Cure would have been a great concert!!! I've Senn 200+ concerts, but no Robert Smith!!!

I was a punk in the 80s so the concerts I remember were bands like MinorThreat, Husker Du, the Dead Kennedys, the Ramones, the Clash, etc. But I have come to appreciate a lot of these bands since. The Cure & the Pet Shop Boys are both well represented in my music collection.

Husker Du!!! Damn that's crazy!!!
I saw them 1st in a basement in a house in West Philly where people where slamming so hard they knocked the pipes out of the furnace & the room filled w black soot. I was coughing it up for a week but it was still a great show.

I got to see the Cure in 1989 at the Capitol Center in Landover, Md.   My first concert that I saw when I returned from living in Germany.  One helluva a good show.  I was a little worried that a lot of their music wouldnt go over well live, since it seems heavily produced with a lot of synth or electronica but they pulled it off beautifully.   Man I am old....Man that was fun.   

I liked a lot of 80's videos, but only to see their videos and see that a lot of them looked kind of gay. Like Wang Chung, and also Freddy goes to hollywood. that song Relax sounded good on Radio, but then I saw the video and I was like wtf am i watching here? Not saying all 80's music was like that but some of them were. 

U2 started in the 80s  They were good. @Kurt Codean I thought the Peter Gabriel videos were alright. I liked Relax song...probably pretty good tha I don't remember the video. Kind of like the song out now "Take me to Church"  love the song..then I see the video and thing...this is NOTHING like the song.... 

Scary Monsters (1980) is a very good David Bowie album,  Ashes to Ashes,  Fashion and some excellent album tracks. 

Of course,  I'm biased. :)

Without a doubt perhaps some of the best and individual synth music produced.
One of my favourites: Sisters of Mercy

I'm such an 80s junkie that I like being "Rick Rolled".  Music has declined to the point I don't even turn the radio on. All mp3 action. I'm a musician's child, so I love all genres, but being an 80s baby marks that as my favorite Era.  I'm listening to Depeche Mode right now. 

It is a shame. Metal turned into screaming, not the fine tuning of Lemmy (who died this week too), punk disappeared, and all we have now butt grinding to either singers who cannot sing or rap/hip hop who is popular with white youth who if they knew what they were about would would be appalled! Come on - money, sex romps and killing law enforcement is not a part of the young, white persons world.

It is a shame. Metal turned into screaming, not the fine tuning of Lemmy (who died this week too), punk disappeared, and all we have now butt grinding to either singers who cannot sing or rap/hip hop who is popular with white youth who if they knew what they were about would would be appalled! Come on - money, sex romps and killing law enforcement is not a part of the young, white persons world.
I have to agree that 80s punk was the best, truest punk. I disagree that young white people agent into money, sex romps and killing law enforcement... 

[SIZE=inherit]Lemmy's death sucked balls and I agree that metal had turned to shit. I can't remember a group that has impressed me in years other than Queens of the Stone age.  Joshua  Homme's collab with Iggy Pop is fantastic. [/SIZE]

Love, Speak and Spell by Depeche mode, I've liked anything Vince Clark was a part of though. Their later work evolved well without him all the same. 

When I moved back from Germany in the early 80's, I spent 11 miserable months in Alabama.  I hope I don't offend anyone but when you move from such a beautifully diverse continent to Montgomery, Alabama, you end up suffering from severe culture shock.  I was so miserable in Ala, that I spent many hours watching MTV and was exposed to countless 80's bands. I hate to say it but if you put on Duran Duran, I know the words to most of their songs....I really love all types of music from Eric B and Rakim to Iron Maiden to the Grateful Dead but I find my feet tapping a little bit when I hear Duran Duran.  I totally dig "Girls on Film", "The Reflex", and "Hungry like the Wolf",  I guess I feel safe saying it here because I am anonymous and I can take a little ribbing from my fellow forum members!!  Oh yeah...I also can sing countless Culture Club songs.....please be kind fellow forum members....I guess I will listen to Slayer now to exorcise my pop music demons!!! :)  

This song is from one of my favorite cartoons that I watch with my daughter.  Yes I am 45 and I still watch cartoons.  I will always watch cartoons and I think if more people watched cartoons the world would be a better place! It has a quintessential 80's sound to it even though it is a from 2015.  I saw the cartoon this morning and I can't get the song out of my head.  It has such an 80's sound to it that I thought it belonged in this thread.....It is so stuck in my lil brain!!!!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back