8MG Kl0nopon taper

Bren45

I’ve been on 8mg Kl0pon for about 3 years.

does anyone have any taper recommendations or substances to help cut down my dose? I would like to be down to 3mg a day. I’m considering trying Lyrica with a V@lium taper.... thoughts 

Not sure if youre already familiar with this resource, but the Ashton Manual is considered one of the best guides to cutting down with the least side effects or without getting PAWS.  It can be found here: Ashton Manual . She recommends not using other meds to help with the taper but hopefully others here who've done it can chime in with their experiences.  Ive never done it so have no experience of my own.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

@Bren45 I was on 8 mg for about 5 years, as prescribed for Panic Disorder. I realized that while I had relief from the Panic attacks, other parts of my life were suffering (work, I'm an artist and personal relationships). My doctor started me on a slow taper. It took two years, and I had a few freak outs but I'm down to a minimal 2 mg per day. I tried to go lower, but was unable to tolerate the inevitable return of crippling panic attacks. Weather it is my natural chemistry or the changes to it as a result of taking 8mg for so long....I can't be sure. But I can live with the 2mg. Be kind to yourself. Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress. Take care.

Thank you both!

I’m going to start the taper at .05 every 2 weeks, and want to stabilize around 2-3MG and remain at that dose.

The Ashton manual is great.  I do not think a .5 drop every 2 weeks will be in that brutual. There are days where I have taken 6 mg , usually weekends and didn’t notice anything. I’m going to start to dosing 1 hour later each day as I’m on a schedule and let my body react and adjust. I have x@n on hand in case of a major panic attack. 
so far I only took 1MG today and honestly feel pretty relaxed, normally I would be at 4Mg by noon 

So far I am down to 7MG, no issues or side effects. 
Just updating that a proper taper can work if you manage it slowly 

@Bren45 I just find this and I have to know, did you succeed? I went from 3mg clona and 10 mg diaz to zero during rehab, a month and a half, and the day I received my final literal drop of clonazepam, I had a seizure. Really cunty drugs.

@Bren45 I just find this and I have to know, did you succeed? I went from 3mg clona and 10 mg diaz to zero during rehab, a month and a half, and the day I received my final literal drop of clonazepam, I had a seizure. Really cunty drugs.
Brother that sucks to seize up. I hope you are ok and by the sound of it, luckily you are.

I did taper down to 2MG and had no issues, it took a few months( it’s been so long I forget). But I am still on because to me the meds are like insulin to a diabetic, I need them to live normal. If I need more, I take more. 
The rehabs don’t understand, to get fully off it really takes such a long process for most to do it safe and free of side effects. 

@Bren45 That's great! And in my experience and according to my doctor, that last couple of mg are the worst. But 2mg is not a crazy dose and if it helps you function, awesome. There's some odd about cl0nazepam, because the effects take longer to hit compared to x@nax, @tivan or v@lium people can end up taking huge dosages without realizing it, I remember at one point I took 20 mg just to feel something.

And yeah, I told my doctors several times that I needed a slow taper, at one point I was on 6 mg l0razepam and they switched me to 7,5 mg di@zepam, that day was just hell. Then they decided to put me on liquid cl0nazepam because one of the issues was that I knew how much I was taking, I could recognize the pills, and that doesn't help. At least when it's being done that fast. I will credit my doctor tho, cause even tho I has a seizure, I don't think I would have been able to stop taking b3nzos outside the hospital and out of all the drugs I was doing, the benzos had destroyed my life. They gave me a panic disorder I never really had, the moment I stopped taking them I never had another panic attack, just like that.

The one thing I think is key is to always stay mindful of what we're taking. If you begin to feel depressed, remember that depression is a possible side effect of long term b3nzo usage. And it's a good idea to try to reduce the amount of b3nzos you take. Like I was taking 3 mg kl9nopin and 10 mg di@zepam for anxiety and 15 mg mid@zolam or 15 mg z@olpidem to sleep when in fact I knew 25 mg of qu3tiapine was more effective in my case. But if you were able to drop 6 mg of cl0nazepam in a few months you're probably very much aware of what you're taking. 

For real dude, dropping 6 mg is insane, not many people can do it. *Salutes* Cheers!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back