Alternative To Help With Wd's

• Thread starter Thread starter yellowbelly
  • Start date Start date
Y

yellowbelly

I know there are a lot of people out there hurting right now due to the collapse of the system that we have all come to rely on down south. There have been talks of Kratom and other natural herbs and remedies discussed on this board, as alternatives to help with WD's, but I haven't heard any chat regarding Poppy Seeds or Pods, so I figured I would throw this out there as an Alternative to help with OPY WD's.

This is nothing new, but there may be some people who have never heard of this.

Poppy Seeds can be bought in bulk at most any major supermarkets, and can be steeped in hot water and drained to make tea, or mixed in with Grapefruit Juice (my favorite) to help with WD's. This can easily be done, and is quite affordable and effective, however will never come close to replacing your favorite OPY...

I won't go into details, but there is plenty of info out there on the World Wide of Webs!

Do your research, and Be Careful. (There have been a couple VERY RARE cases of people using too many good seeds, and ODing, although Extremely Rare)

This discussion is for informational purposes only....

One quick tip use warm water NEVER use hot water. The hot water will just cause more morphine and codeine to soak inside the seeds. Ill also say pods are much more desirable if available.

Thanks for the link Golden, and the tip trippy! /default_cool.png

I will warn you thats seeds seem to be getting washed better these days. I would look to the internet for seeds now.

I will warn you thats seeds seem to be getting washed better these days. I would look to the internet for seeds now.
This is the problem I'm running into Bob's R3d M1lls used to be my go to, and now it seems they are being thoroughly washed. I may have found a site, a guy named Tom runs it if anyone wants to google (don't want to break any rules by posting the URL). If anyone else has used this fellas site, please let me know your experience!

Supposedly Ginger root can help flush the toxins out of your body. I know it certainly works well with the common colds.

Also, for muscle aches and body pain due to WD, bathing with large amounts of Epson Salts accordingly work wonders. This comes from a friend who came off heroin, then methadone.

The only thing that helped with my withdrawls:

clonidine

suboxone

marijuana

Coming off poppy tea gave me severe anxiety...never want to feel that again.

I know there are a lot of people out there hurting right now due to the collapse of the system that we have all come to rely on down south. There have been talks of Kratom and other natural herbs and remedies discussed on this board, as alternatives to help with WD's, but I haven't heard any chat regarding Poppy Seeds or Pods, so I figured I would throw this out there as an Alternative to help with OPY WD's.

This is nothing new, but there may be some people who have never heard of this.

Poppy Seeds can be bought in bulk at most any major supermarkets, and can be steeped in hot water and drained to make tea, or mixed in with Grapefruit Juice (my favorite) to help with WD's. This can easily be done, and is quite affordable and effective, however will never come close to replacing your favorite OPY...

I won't go into details, but there is plenty of info out there on the World Wide of Webs!

Do your research, and Be Careful. (There have been a couple VERY RARE cases of people using too many good seeds, and ODing, although Extremely Rare)

This discussion is for informational purposes only....
Thanks for the info friend! I have never had to go through WD before, but this is good to know. 😊

I have found a few herbs to be helpful with withdrawal symptoms. None of them will take away all the symptoms (only another chemical that will occupy your opioid receptors will do that and as far as I know there aren’t any chemicals that fill the opioid receptors without causing some level of dependance), but they will make the whole ordeal MUCH more manageable.

Kava - helps ease the anxiety quite a bit, my go to for withdrawal discomfort. Has anxiolytic, analgesic, muscle relaxing, anti-seizure propertied while actually helping focus (a rare combo).

Lemon balm - also helps with anxiety, although not quite as much as Kava. Helps settle my stomach a bit too.

Passionflower (tincture is best) - works well to manage mental symptoms, and also works a bit like clonidine too. Reduces agitation, irritability and is a powerful anti-inflammatory. Good natural source of GABA, makes you feel more relaxed, pretty useful.

Shen Nong’s Ginseng - helps alleviate most of the fatigue, soreness, exhaustion. Out of 11 ginseng species, this one works best. American ginseng also used with success. Boosts energy while combating anxiety.

Velvet bean extract - contains levodopa, which metabolizes into dopamine in the system. Helps with mood, depression, energy, outlook.

Ginger - helps me a lot with stomach discomfort, nausea, cramps, and pain. Has compounds (gingerols) that act like an NSAID(example: Ibuprofen).

Reishi mushroom - Helps with mood, depression, helps induce a state of more relaxed focus. Can help induce a slightly euphoric state. This one helps more than you might think.

Activated charcoal - helps a lot with stomach distress, although I wouldn’t combine with other anti-diarrhea meds.

Cannabis - last but not least is Marijuana. We all know this one works pretty damn well to help alleviate all kinds of symptoms of withdrawal. 

The herbs above are everything I would recommend that is not an opioid/opiate. Sometimes, it is necessary to taper down before quitting, for tapering I would recommend the following:

‘Papaver somniferum” pod tea - these are the pods from the opium poppy, obviously they contain morphine and codeine (among other active alkaloids), so I would only use them as sparingly as possible. There are many recipes available online, the basic idea is to dry the pods, grind them as fine as possible without turning them into a complete powder, steep in warm-hot water (160 degrees or LESS) for about 30 min, strain well, and that’s about it.

Kratom - while not from the opium poppy I still consider it an opioid because of its activity on the opioid receptors and tendency to cause dependence over time. However, it is much less addictive than poppy pod tea, and pretty useful for getting off opioids.

Lastly, I know this is all about herbs but I wanted to include a couple medications that help significantly.

Codeine - useful for tapering, I find it less addictive than other opioids (prescription).

Clonidine - helps with the cold sweats and the pounding heartbeat, helps a lot with blood pressure (prescription).

Ondansetron/Zofran - the BEST nausea medication I have ever had (prescription).

Benzodiazepines - can be useful for aiding sleep, relaxation, mental stress, muscle tension, kicking (prescription, easy to find online however)

Loperamide (Immodium) - this happens to be the mirror-image molecule of Demerol. It doesn’t pass the blood-brain barrier, but does work on receptors in the gut. Helps a lot with stomach/GI discomfort and just helps in general.

I’m sure I could come up with more if I tried, but that’s a good start. Just a quick description of them, so I’d recommend doing a little more research on each before consuming them so you know what an effective dosage is. Hope this helps someone.

@superamoeba Very nice info; thanks for the contribution :)  There are quite a few on here I haven’t tried. 

Agmantine is a supplement, not an herb, but I find it extremely helpful for WDs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@superamoeba Very nice info; thanks for the contribution :)  There are quite a few on here I haven’t tried. 

Agmantine is a supplement, not an herb, but I find it extremely helpful for WDs. 
Agmatine is the clear and away winner here for opioid withdrawals. Well studied and cheap. Does much more than ease withdrawals; it effectively eliminates the harsh ones and I’ve heard complaints only of minor WD symptoms from people who, quite frankly, seem to be expressing psych addiction related sides. I know I pump Agmatine as a panacea all over these threads but NO need to suffer. Take 500mg sulfate powder to start and bump to 6 grams if you like. The research uses up to 20 grams for treating depression - successfully by the way- but notes as you pass 6-10gram per day range you run the risk of causing a depressive spell as well. 

also effective in ridding CERTAIN alcohol or benzo WD symptoms, but much more effective in totality for opioid. For alcohol, no DTs or anxiety related symptoms of WD, but other symptoms remain. 

finally, does not rid you of methamphetamine WD but DOES reduce or eliminate neurotoxicity if you take during use. NAC n-acetyl-cysteine helps with this as well, and may lessen WD symptoms. If you buy yourself some Ibudilast - helps prevent tolerance to all of the above drugs and has some pain killing properties in its own right. 

As mentioned above, lemon balm is a positive allosteric modulator for GABAa receptors, and has some calming effects with use but drink a tea or take .5-1gram capsules for one or two weeks and you’re nearly Back to normal with receptor density and sensitivity for benzos. 

Finally. allopregnenolone, a metabolite and neurosteroid of pregnenolone and ultimately of progesterone as well, will also be a positive allosteric modulator in GABAa receptors as well as (it’s thought, not specifically proven) will be a hormetic adaptor for opioid system and balance your shit out, to use the clinical terms. 

1. Agmatine for now and through the WD. 
2. Ibudilast for now and during last weeks on your DOC, with weaning efforts in place. Will not provide immediate benefits  for WD but reduce severity of it as you’re going to wean yourself easier.

3.  For several weeks use lemon balm tea or capsules. 
4. Vitamin D and allopregnenolone via progesterone cream or pregnenolone (or DHEA but you’re taking chances as it may go one or all or none of the bio-steroid pathways; you’ll not want to wind up with too much estradiol as a male nor testosterone or dihyrotestosterone if you’re a female. Regardless of sex, too much of any sex steroid will mean your HPTA feedback loop can hit you with the blowback of the opposite hormone or reduce your body’s delicate production of its own sex steroid production. The older you are the less this is a problem, but if you cannot find allopregnenolone buy pregnenolone or perhaps even a progestin or progesterone cream.)

Not only does Agmatine help with withdrawals, but it prevents tolerance and makes every drug (pretty much) wayyyyyy stronger. I was able to cut my pain meds by a quarter when I started taking 7 grams of Agmatine a day. It's magical shit.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back