Any Skin Care Junkies? I love Vitamin C Serum

deadly

This post is geared towards people who enjoy skincare and makeup stuff. Please don't hate on me for sounding vain. This is my hobby, it's what I enjoy, you do your thing, I do mine. Just trying to have a polite conversation, even though we are in a drug forum :) Thanks!! I'm in no way shaming anyone, this is just me, live and let live as long as there is no harm, is my creed. I'm not striving for perfection, I'm happy with myself, flaws and all. Not chasing eternal youth because the media says I'm ugly, not even doing that. This is for me. Thanks for understanding :)

I just want to tell you how a product worked for me and someone else may benefit from knowing. No shame, no hate. 

I'm a skincare and makeup junkie. Makeup is my meditative practice. Blending is my yoga. Contouring is my cardio :) I've been getting annoyed with this crease i developed in the middle of my forehead on top of my nose after my twenties evaporated because it seems that no matter how I layer my products, my makeup seems to make it more visible.  Not that it makes me ugly, I just notice it. I love taking selfies of my makeup looks, and now that I have my first Iphone (it's a 7), I can't take a forward facing because the picture comes out so clear and I don't want to Photoshop like a kardashian, I want to be me as much as possible even under drag makeup and lashes :)  

So, I've tried sooooo many products. Retinol takes forever, I havent tried Retin A yet, but I will. All the things. I kinda take a korean approach to skin care and prep. It's extensive, but I think I'll see results. Soooo, anyway, I tried a bottle of Vitamin C serum. It wasn't expensive, you have to be careful with Vitamin C serums, because some brands don't have good ingredients and it can cause damage to your skin. I saw awesome results in two weeks. No joke. It's not completely gone, but it's decreased, and my makeup glides right over it. 

Also, I research the crap out of skincare and I don't think you have to spend a fortune on several products. This is one reason I love serums. 

This particular serum has several ingredients that may boost the effectiveness of the main ingredient. If anyone is interested in the brand or the ingredients let me know. 

I'm honestly interested in what ya'll are using if anything. and if you follow any application steps. 

Trying to find a good price on Retin-A, anyone have experience with this? I hear it shows more dramatic results than the otc stuff although it still takes months for it to work. 

Thanks! 

I dont use any serums because I havnt found any that dont make my occasional adult acne worse:( Right now I really like tea tree oil,  I 've been using Desert Essence brand gentle cleanser  and Desert Essence tee tree oil facial cleansing pads.  And Im addicted to Herbal Authority roll-on tea tree oil blemish stick; I have one with me at all times :)

I would like to experiment more with my skincare routine but it can be expensive ; I dont mind spending on products I like but I have wasted so much on products I only could use once or twice. Ive been trying to keep a eye out for companies that sell smaller/trial size versions of thier products before buying.

It sucks right now because I just got through a staph infection, my second this past year and this recent one they said was MRSA. I had rash on my face, they had to cut and drain the abscess by my eye and had to end up getting antibiotics inpatient :( When it started I thought it was acne and I fucked with it, making it worse. They told me I need to keep my hands off my face, they said it dosnt matter how clean my hands are, the bacteria is on the skin and now Im susceptible and need to not "aggrevate" lol something like that. 

I'm pretty boring when it comes to skin care. I started using Clinique when I was a teenager for similar problems as yours @girlgerms and I had oily, sensitive skin. Even after the bad teenage years I just stuck with it. I like to try something new once in awhile, but I always come back.

Some of my girlfriends would question why I used moisturizer if I had oily skin and I just said because it's part of the 3 step program. I have to say now that maybe I was brilliant because I have the youngest looking face of all my peers except one. It's more likely genes but it could be many years of Clinique moisturizer so if there are any young ladies out there reading; get on it.

@girlgerms where do you buy this Herbal Authority? I just use the basic drugstore makeup removing wipes. Neutrogena or whatever.

This is an actual topical skincare serum mixed with other ingredients that boost the power of the topical stuff. It produces callogen to plump up lines. I use it after I wash and before any other products. It's awesome. 

What Vit C serum would you recommend?

Also why the need for Retin A as far as I am aware it is used for acne?

@trinity I just bought Obagi 20%.  I love their other products, so figured I'd give this one a shot.  I will update after I've used it for a week or so.

My 15 y/o son has has has had problems with ance since he was around 11. We have tried eveything available over the counter (most recent was proactiv for 8 weeks) and sometimes they would seem to start working but stop . Last Friday I took him to a doctor and he prescribed generic Retin-A. He says for my sons type of acne, this is really good, I really hope so because his dad had bad acne when he was in his early 20''s and was prescribed Accutane. It was not used as much back then but he remembers really bad side effects so I would only consider something like that as a last resort.

Its annoying because when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up yesterday they said our insurance dosnt want to pay for it and it is a prior authorization needed medicine or something. So now the doctor has to call the insurance and I guess explain my sons acne to them. Its bullshit imo. The pharmacy said not to worry, the insurance will usually go ahead and approve it after the doctor calls, it just can take a week or so. The cost of if the insurance wont cover it is $127 for a 2oz tube and that would last around 2 weeks using once a day at night.:( I will pay out of pocket for it if I have to, I would pay it no matter the amount if it will help. He is a good looking kid and not the type to complain or be vain. But it bothers him. I hope so much it works! Does anyone have any experience with retin-a for teenage acne?

Finally!  The doctor called and was able to get the insurance company to approve the prescription!  I guess it can take 6-8 weeks before we could start to see results, I hope it works.

My font looks weird, what have I done lol

Hi

I discovered after a major weight loss (over 140lbs), that the wrinkles I had, were terrible now.  I tried alot of things, retinol, beverly hills md, Algenist, and some of those creams and masks that sell for hundreds, even thousand in the little boutique stores in malls and shops.  You can buy the same thing on TopHatter usually for less than $30-$40.  I get down to Miami every few months.  There is a place close to where I stay right off the beach.  They do wonderful facials as part of their sales pitch and give out lots of samples.  Since I'm not there that often they don't remember me.  If you are an easy sale, these places aren't for you unless you have lots of $$.  I always look for my debit card or some other excuse, and tell them I will be back later or tomorrow.  They are all quite good at what they do.  One of them have a shop here at the Florida Mall in Orlando.  They all do the same presentation.  Anyway, back to the topic.  After everything I have tried, I love the  Beverly Hills MD cream.  It is loaded with Vitamin C.  I agree that this vitamin is so very important to skin care.  Not only does it help the wrinkles, but just the elastisity in general.  The cream has a wonderful feel to it.  I not only use it on my face and neck, but on my arms and hands as well where my skin is thinning.

I have been using Obagi 15% for a while, and though I like it..I have found that it can be irritating after long term use.  I have also just placed an order for a new vitamin C serum from Cosmedica.  It is considerably cheaper.   And seems to have more soothing ingredients.  We will see?

I have been using Obagi 15% for a while, and though I like it..I have found that it can be irritating after long term use.  I have also just placed an order for a new vitamin C serum from Cosmedica.  It is considerably cheaper.   And seems to have more soothing ingredients.  We will see?
Please let me know what you find out.

Hi Cloudy!  I got my new C serum from Cosmedica, and I have to say I really like it.  It is a different consistency, and has a hydrolyic acid component to it, so it doesnt just sort of sit on top of your face.  It absorbs very quickly.  I am not sure of the results yet...but it is really easy to put on in the morning : )

A lot of my coworkers use and love Obagi. I have only sampled it so didn't use it long enough to make a decision, but it's not cheap. I want to get the whole set soon.  Also as I've aged, and trying skin and eye creams over the years, nothing ever made that much of a difference except for strivectin and Murad vitamin C. And since the others who posted here seem to like the Vit C,  I am going to get some more. Anyone use Murad and other Vit C products/serums and have any comparisons? 

I'm pretty boring when it comes to skin care. I started using Clinique when I was a teenager for similar problems as yours @girlgerms and I had oily, sensitive skin. Even after the bad teenage years I just stuck with it. I like to try something new once in awhile, but I always come back.

Some of my girlfriends would question why I used moisturizer if I had oily skin and I just said because it's part of the 3 step program. I have to say now that maybe I was brilliant because I have the youngest looking face of all my peers except one. It's more likely genes but it could be many years of Clinique moisturizer so if there are any young ladies out there reading; get on it.

@girlgerms where do you buy this Herbal Authority? I just use the basic drugstore makeup removing wipes. Neutrogena or whatever.
 My dermatologist told me that Neutrogena wipes are the best. Prior to washing your face to remove make up. So if it comes down to facial wipes Neutrogena is what my dermatologist definitely recommend and she also said cleansing your face with Dove is great as well. She prescribed me a serum that was over $100 and she also prescribed me a facial cleanser that was a mail order prescription. All were very expensive. Neutrogena wipes and then cleansing with Dove have worked very well I have a very clear skin, however a VERY annoying crease on my forehead.  At the moment I am using the very expensive serum  I purchased VERY sparingly and I have seen a dramatic difference. However funds are very limited at this time and when the  serum runs out it will be Neutrogena wipes and Dove.  I hate the thought of using injections to get rid of my four head crease.  So when funds are limited and other bills are priority I stick to Neutrogena wipes and dove as a cleanser...  I would love to know the vitamin C serum that @deadly is talking about! 

I'd love to know what  vitamin C serum you are using! I'm in dire need of a good vit c  serum! @deadly could you help me out? 😘 many thanks friend!! 

I am a beauty junkie!  I've been a freelance makeup artist for 15 years and have been obsessed with skincare since my teens.

My fave Vitamin C serum is Paula's Choice - I really notice a difference (brightening) when I use it.  The product name is RESIST C15 Super Booster.  I also love Hyaluronic Acid serums for weightless moisture - after trying many I always come back to Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 gel (just wish it wasn't so spendy!).

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back