Best TV shows top 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

#1 The Wire

#2 True Detective (Season 1)

#3 Dazed and Confused (only cuz I've seen it at least 100 times haha)

# 4  Pulp Fiction

#5   Saving Private Ryan

Go ahead, rip me apart, I'll love to hear some feedback. 

Rota

I like True Detective!  But I saw Season 2 first..  then I fell in love with the show...then went back and watched Season 1    Good!  Both Seasons..

John Wick

Just saw the Notebook (recommendation from a friend) 

i like The Godfather 1 & 2 

I likes Avatar

2 different parts to me LOL proceed with caution  :-)  

Where is walking dead? I never watched any until like two weeks ago and I always heard people talk about it and I was like it cant be that good. Well I downloaded this app called showbox which is awsome you can watch movies before they are out and seasons of shows on tv well walking dead was one and I watched everyone in like two days lil great show.

Choosing just tv shows, my choice:

1. Breaking Bad

2. True Detective S1

3. Dexter (1 and 2 are amazing. Did not enjoy much after S5)

4. Black Books

5. Spaced

So great the first time you watch them. Looking forward to Better Call Saul S2,was pretty good. 

My list is pretty dull.....not really into dramas, more the documentary type....

1. Frontline on Pbs

2. Nova on Pbs

3. Family Guy

4. American Dad

5. Gumball (cartoon network kids show)

I am beginning to see a trend in my tv viewing.....a lot of animation!   I guess I am still a kid at heart!

Not dull to me, I'm a huge PBS fan. Although in addition to the programs you mentioned, I do like Masterpiece Theater. I think my tastes are all over the place; sports, drama, documentaries, reality, movies. Yes, I'm sure I watch too much TV.

@2earls I am a pretty big sports viewer as well....I just wasn't sure how to fit it in.   Pbs has some wonderful programming but sometimes they drive me bonkers.   They go a little crazy with the Brit-coms!  I used to like the History channel a lot but they have kind of jumped the shark with all their reality programming......and don't get me started on the Learning Channel.  The only thing I learn on that channel is how NOT to live my life.  I also used to love Cops as I viewed that as an infomercial on what not to do!

1. Sopranos

2. True Detective (both of them)

3. Entourage

4. Gomarrah

5. Oz

@Rotax300 I'm a bit confused by your list, I'm not sure about your first two, but aren't #3,4 &5 Movies not tv shows? 

Anyway here is my list. I don't watch too much tv these days so some of these shows may have been discontinued already but they are available on Netflix and Hulu (and possibly Amazon prime) but anyway these are mostly comedies:

1) It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (hilarious!)

2) Wilfred seasons 1-4 (Jason Gann is Hilarious)

3) Wilfred Australian version (Season 1 & 2)

4) Eastbound and Down (Danny McBride as Kenny Powers Seasons 1-4)

5) Curb your Enthusiasm

Here are a couple of other honorable mentions

6)Kitchen Nightmares  (staring chef Gordon Ramsay)

7)Monk (starring Tony Shalhoub)

8)Psych (James Roday and Dule Hill)

9) The Office

10) The Office UK version (Ricky Gervais seasons 1&2

Most of them are comedies except for Monk and Kitchen Nightmares although those are sometimes funny too. Also I think Curb Your Enthusiasm and Eastbound and Down are not available on any of the streaming services I mentioned. They were both HBO original shows. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a great fan of the office. The original and also especially the American one. One of the few American sitcoms I really enjoy. Though I fancy giving that eastbound and down a go.

I like True Detective.. Season 1&2

Better Call Saul (Hope there is a season 2)

The Godfather part 1

The Godfather part 2

Fast times at Ridgemont High

I'm a great fan of the office. The original and also especially the American one. One of the few American sitcoms I really enjoy. Though I fancy giving that eastbound and down a go.
Yes definitely if you can find it watch Eastbound and down. Hands down one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. One of the last great shows i can think of. 

1. The Wire                                                                                                               
  2. True Detective 
  3. Twin Peaks
  4. Fargo 
  5. Game of Thrones

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Dr Who

2) Sherlock

3) Luther

4) Game of Thrones 

5) The Thick of it

I'm a massive geek, the biggest! I also have a huge mancrush on David Tennant. And Capaldi as the Dr is great but as Malcolm Tucker he is one of the greatest characters in TV history. The vocabulary was just so inventive. Honerable mention to Still Game. I think that's only north of the border though.

90s themed, as don't watch TV much now - the net and music!

1. X-Files

2. Absolutely Fabulous 

3. Frasier

4. The Simpsons 

5. South Park

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back