Best TV shows top 5

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
90s themed, as don't watch TV much now - the net and music!

1. X-Files

2. Absolutely Fabulous 

3. Frasier

4. The Simpsons 

5. South Park
Another X-Files fan! I was genuinely obsessed with it when I was about 12-13. I've still got all the series in boxsets now. God, I love it. Didn't watch the newest film or the comeback series, though. I don't watch loads of TV these days, but my top 5 would be:

1. Psychoville

2. Black Books

3. The Simpsons

4. The X-Files

5. Stressed Eric

I think Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny made for one of the best acting pairs in TV history, they worked amazingly well. And I like the more humourous episodes from, say, the sixth series. But some of my favourite episodes are from the more serious earlier series. That episode called 'Squeeze', with Eugene something as a liver-eating, shape-shifting monster. Top stuff!

Although the main plots, involving the Cigarette Smoking Man, they were a bit too... in-depth for me sometimes.

My favorites are

The Walking Dead

Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad

Dexter (seasons 1-5; show really tanked after that)

True Blood

i have a few more favs but those are probably my top 5 fav

1.  House of Cards.  "I love that woman.  I love her more than sharks love blood."

2.  Breaking Bad.  "Science!  F*CK yeah!!"

3.  Game of Thrones.  "Your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth."

4.  Billions. "The only enemy more dangerous than a man with unlimited resources is one with nothing to lose.  And that's who you're looking at right here."

5.  Baskets.   Chip aka "Baskets," the most neurotic rodeo clown ever to clown a rodeo and who still lives with his mom (played fabulously by Louie Anderson), with his maybe-girlfriend Martha at the drive-thru:

"DRIVE THRU: Welcome to Que Rico. Can I take your order?

MARTHA: What do you want?

CHIP: Uh, tangerine Fanta, please.

MARTHA: Um, tangerine Fanta, please.

DRIVE THRU: Uh, we do not have that.

MARTHA: Um, they do not have that.

CHIP: Tab is fine.

MARTHA: Um, just a Tab then.

DRIVE THRU: No.

MARTHA: No.

CHIP: Pepsi Lime.

MARTHA: Pepsi Lime?

DRIVE THRU: We have Coke.

MARTHA: They have Coke.

CHIP: New or classic?

MARTHA: Is it new or classic?

DRIVE THRU: Just regular Coke.

CHIP: Okay, Schweppe's then. Schweppe's.

MARTHA: Okay, just a Schweppe's then.

DRIVE THRU: Did you say Schweppe's?

MARTHA: Schweppe's?

CHIP: Schweppe's.

MARTHA: Yeah, Schweppe's.

DRIVE THRU: You're breaking up. Say it one more time.

MARTHA & CHIP: Schweppe's.

DRIVE THRU: Sorry, I heard two people.

MARTHA: Okay, Schweppe's.

DRIVE THRU: Say it again?

CHIP: Schweppe's! It's a Schweppe's! Can I be over there please? You don't know what you're doing.

[Martha backs up and turns the car around]

DRIVE THRU: Welcome to Que Rico. Can I take your order?

CHIP: Do you have any milk water like a Yoo Hoo?

DRIVE THRU: We don't have that.

CHIP: Anything from the Slice family?

DRIVE THRU: Don't have it.

CHIP: Anything from the Welch's family?

DRIVE THRU: No.

CHIP: Do you have anything that has any kind of Baja blast in it whether it be Mountain Dew, Pepsi, anything?

DRIVE THRU: Again, no, sir.

CHIP: I'll just take a water then."

img-allshows-baskets.jpg

My favorites are

The Walking Dead

Sons of Anarchy

Breaking Bad

Dexter (seasons 1-5; show really tanked after that)

True Blood

i have a few more favs but those are probably my top 5 fav
Dexter was great up until season 5, it just got ridiculous afterwards! For my US members, or anyone who has seen it, I recently started the Shield, not sure of it yet, watched first 5 episodes and I'm usually happy by then, I'm not unhappy, just a few little things irritating me. That doesn't look like a cop shop for starters!

I guess I should add Shameless to my list even though it makes for 6 shows lol . But the US version. Haven't seen the UK version though. 

(no particular order)

1. Black Mirror 

2. Mr Robot

3. The Leftovers

4. The night of

5. Narcos

All great. They just came to my mind, but The Leftovers is probably my favorite. So underrated.

I think Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny made for one of the best acting pairs in TV history, they worked amazingly well. And I like the more humourous episodes from, say, the sixth series. But some of my favourite episodes are from the more serious earlier series. That episode called 'Squeeze', with Eugene something as a liver-eating, shape-shifting monster. Top stuff!

Although the main plots, involving the Cigarette Smoking Man, they were a bit too... in-depth for me sometimes.
I agree. The chemistry and often more comedic episodes, were very enjoyable. I had Squeeze on video (Remember them?) That guy was bloody creepy...

Series 2 was my favourite. Quite weird! 

The cigarette smoking man was cruel but cool - hey, a rhyme! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
American horror story. Season 1,2,3 were good 4 did realy get on with that.

Murphy's law

Quarantine

Red dwarf

Narcos

These aren't in favorite order.  There are to many to list and old shows I forgot about 

I agree. The chemistry and often more comedic episodes, were very enjoyable. I had Squeeze on video (Remember them?) That guy was bloody creepy...

Series 2 was my favourite. Quite weird! 

The cigarette smoking man was cruel but cool - hey, a rhyme! ?
I think I've still got some old video tapes and, funnily enough, Squeeze was one of them. I think it was a two-episode video, with the 'sequel' to Squeeze. That was the one where that 'alien thing' Eugene ate people's livers, went into hibernation, then did it all again. Bloody brilliant, haha. I've got the first film on video as well. I sort of ignored the reboot film, and reboot series. Just...nah... don't watch too much TV these days anyway.

Cigarette smoking man was just too cool. But I always sort of dreaded his appearances, because it always meant the return of the very obscure central plot to the X Files. Maybe I'd think differently now, since I watched it a lot when I was younger, but the main plot just bloody baffled me. I always preferred the standalone episodes.

Breaking Bad

The Sopranos

Trailer Park Boys

Eastbound and Down

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back