BTC wallet same as sending directly from coinbase?

never2many

I created a coinbase account and have funds in a BTC wallet. If I send donation from the BTC wallet, is this the same as donating directly from Coinbase, which I know is a no-no to avoid getting my account shut down?  Thanks for anyone that can provide insight. The access to the BTC wallet is on my coinbase account. 

@never2many well, if your wallet is still on Coinbase I would say yes as that wallet is hosted by coinbase. You need to transfer those funds to another wallet away from Coinbase. Just my opinion.

So, how long did it take? i'm waiting, too, four workdays I think. Normal, or did I screw up?

Never send directly from coinbase. They monitor and will lock accounts if they deem a transaction suspicious. They still have some of my money.

@never2many well, if your wallet is still on Coinbase I would say yes as that wallet is hosted by coinbase. You need to transfer those funds to another wallet away from Coinbase. Just my opinion.
I agree! I have used Coinbase since 2016 usually carry a small 10 usd balance. Once I accidentally sent around 300 usd directly from my Coinbase wallet. Very very fortunately the receiver was an intermediary helper to another source so no red flags went up! Now I always immediately send btc to my private wallet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was, unfortunately, also someone who learned the hard way. My account was CB account was closed, and it took months of research and patience to have my remaining funds released to an external wallet. 

@takingiteasy if you chose your bank account as payment source your money will be held for up to 2 weeks...each time you buy BTC. It’s normal for a new account to have a few days wait until it all clears. But make sure you have your debt/cc listed as “payment method “ in your account area.

Good luck and hang in there. Plenty of good family here to help you. I had help from Day 1, here, and still have questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! I’ve been using Blockchain myself.  Seems To meet my needs fine for actual sending of donations...

Chemisphere said:
You need an external wallet like Mycelium.  Never donate directly from Coinbase. It may sound like overkill but it's best to have a dedicated wallet to pass all transactions through when making any kind of contribution within any community like this. @never2many
I send my donations - and others - after having made a deposit in my Electrum.org wallet. Do you consider it as safe as Mycellium?

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back