Buying Bitcoins safe and cheap from USA

@Sherrytwelve

But my clients are complaining that Coinbase reguraly holds their Bitcoins from 5 days to 2 weeks.
Gemini does that as well, usually 3-5 business days. In that case they claim it's due to the wait for the bank transfer to go through. IDK. I just buy when price drops and hold until I need it. Or sell other crypto for BTC if I've been playing at trading.

I've been told that Coinbase Pro is faster, I'm perma-banned from the whole platform so don't know for sure.

Last edited:
@Alfapharm that is due to purchasing with bank account instead of debit card. Debit card is instant access, bank account is a 3-5 day clear time. 

@droppin23

Thanks for the info. 

My clients were telling me about longer holds from Coinbase, sometimes 9 days or more, but maybe this is the first time when they are buying Bitcoins from Coinbase.

Anyone have a problem with cash app not scanning the back of their ID?  Doesn't seem to be any workarounds at the moment either.

Anyone have a problem with cash app not scanning the back of their ID?  Doesn't seem to be any workarounds at the moment either.
Yes! 🤯 So annoying! it took me several attempts.  I finally got it to work by placing it on the cardboard back of a notepad with a bright ass overhead light on. It said somewhere that a dark background helps.

I'm no expert in this area but i've had positive results using local localbitcoins.com  I like the large variety of payment options, the escrow feature, and the relatively easy to use format of the site. The btc was held for about 24 hours on my first purchase but since then it's been immediate release. I just purchased a moderate amount of btc using paypal balance and the fee was roughly 15% maybe just a hair higher. I know there are cheaper options out there, but for someone new to the whole deal the safety provided by the escrow and the ease of use are worth it, in my opinion, untill I can venture out into other options. For what it's worth...

I

I use Paxful using  through my bank I get BTC for under 10% commission . 

Recently an BTC ATM popped up near me and now I'm hearing Coin star (those change counting machines ) will give BTC. 

Not sure what they steal, I mean charge for the service but I'll find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coin base take 4% commission and you have to give them all your information including drivers license to have the BTC deposited into a wallet they supply. Also they only accept cash for BTC. Still waiting for my verification....

I’ve used Cash App in the past for purchasing other things, and now I’d like to donate so I’ve been reading everything about BTCs - just wondering if anyone who used Cash App - do they put a hold on funds when you first add and if so how long? I also heard that if you add directly from bank numbers vs. debit you get the $ in wallet faster, is that true? Last question, is there a time limit like Coinbase before you can send? A friend used and her money was there instantly 1st time- however had to wait 7-10 before she could send it and ended up loosing over $30 due to the market going down. 

I’ve used Cash App in the past for purchasing other things, and now I’d like to donate so I’ve been reading everything about BTCs - just wondering if anyone who used Cash App - do they put a hold on funds when you first add and if so how long? I also heard that if you add directly from bank numbers vs. debit you get the $ in wallet faster, is that true? Last question, is there a time limit like Coinbase before you can send? A friend used and her money was there instantly 1st time- however had to wait 7-10 before she could send it and ended up loosing over $30 due to the market going down. 
With Coinbase debit cards are almost right away bitcoin to you .I used my bank once and I waited a few days for my coin .

@Biskobro that so strange! It was the opposite for my friend who did it for the 1st time a few weeks ago. She did bank first and it was immediate, stock went down so she added more with her debit card and it took few days to process. Wonder if what bank it comes from matters, I believe she has citizens. Keeping my research cap on since I’m ready to donate I just don’t want to have to have money fluctuating for 7-10 days. 

@Biskobro that so strange! It was the opposite for my friend who did it for the 1st time a few weeks ago. She did bank first and it was immediate, stock went down so she added more with her debit card and it took few days to process. Wonder if what bank it comes from matters, I believe she has citizens. Keeping my research cap on since I’m ready to donate I just don’t want to have to have money fluctuating for 7-10 days. 
I can't say this is 100% but this is what I found and was my scenario.

How long does it take to buy bitcoin with a CC through Coinbase. (Google)

Depends on what method, if it's a bank transfer it won't be "instant" it'll probably take 3-5 business days to avoid fraud, although if you check threads here, some users complain that it takes more than 3-5 days. You can buy instantly with a debit card, and it takes about a week with a checking account.

SHAKE PAY WORKS!!! There fee is also super low!!!! They use email transfers instead of credit/debit cards. They approved my e transfer in less then a minute. I had to download the mobile app to get it to my electrum wallet, but it only took less then a minute.

I signed up for a Coinbase Pro account a couple of years ago and it was pretty straightforward and quick at the time. 

The quoted ACH hold time of 3-5 business days has become a pain and, recently, has been at the 5-day end of the spectrum. I understand and appreciate the need for fraud prevention but I suspect that the float they enjoy may incent the longer wait times. ACH is free but wire transfer deposit is $10.

The fees for Coinbase Pro are a bit more advantageous.

Capture.JPG

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back