Cannot get Bitcoin

Nicholas440

Hello everyone,

I was going to purchase from one of the vendors, and the only payment is Bitcoin. I was told to get a Bitcoin Wallet, then add some Bitcoin to it and I could then use it as payment. I also was emailed a list of 3 of the easiest and best sites to get them.

Well, I know nothing about Bitcoin, I'm a older guy retired many years ago, and have not kept up with things like Bitcoin. I have read the Tutorials, all about Bitcoin,  I have also watched several videos on YouTube about how to get and use Bitcoin, how  to use it and so on.  

The Vendor sent me an Email, with 3 of the best places to apply for Bitcoin, and after several hours of uploading my photo, my drivers license  all my banking information that they request,  I failed to qualify.  One site had a picture of two  dollar amounts, and I could not understand what they wanted and after 3 attempts they lock you out for 24 hours.  I went back and still could not figure it out and got locked out again. I was very frustrated that after trying many web sites to get Bitcoin,  I still can't get Bitcoin. All I wanted to do was apply for some Bitcoin and send the money to the Vendor but apparently that's not going to happen. Part of the problem is that I don't understand what they want, I understand uploading my photo, my driver license etc, thats not hard.

I have an account with a couple of other send money places, but the vendor is only accepting Bitcoin, and thats ok but it won't work for me.

I've tried Coinmama, Coinbase, and others that were recommended and no success.  I don't understand why they didn't verify me. When I go to Coinbase, it said I'm already a member but if I try to add a card, it says  "card already added, try again"    . Nothing I have tried works. How hard can it be to just send your info,  add a photo, send your drivers license,  only to get denied ?    Or say  You didn't do this right ? Please try again..

Anyway,  thank you for listening to my rant,  I tried to get a wallet too, and thats another story, there must be a dozen types of wallets you can get and I know nothing about a wallet other than I carry one in my back pocket all my life. To me that's a wallet.  To get Bitcoin I'm supposed to have a wallet on my computer to put the Bitcoin in, but theres no wallet either, or maybe there is, I downloaded a thing to create my wallet on my computer and I think I did it but don't ask me where my wallet went,  I don't know.  I also can't donate to this site,  because,  yes, you guessed it they only take Bitcoin, no Pay Pal...

I'm just wondering why it's so hard to get Bitcoin and send it. I can do without it, and I wish they had other payment options, but it is what it is and I can't figure it out.

Has anyone besides me had this much trouble in sending money ? Bitcoin is frustrating to say the least, it may be an up and coming way to buy things but it's not secure, it's not safe,  you can lose your money, and then what good is this system called Bitcoin,  when it can cost you a lot of money?

Thanks for your input, I'm sure theres a place you can get Bitcoins real easy without sending your life history,  but I sure don't know any. I've tried so many and got nowhere.

Have a good, and safe day,

Nicholas

I feel your pain.    Getting bitcoin can be a pain in the ass.   I tried both Coinmama and Coinbase  and they both disabled my account after like 1 transaction.   I then searched around for a while and eventually found Blockchain.   That worked ok for a while but then it suddenly stopped letting me use my debit card to purchase bitcoin.   grrrr....

After more googling I found Coinzoom.   So far it's working great.    They only let you deposit $500 per day.   Then you can immediately buy the BTC.    However there's a 7-day waiting period before they let you actually send BTC.    Their interface is also a bit unintuitive.   To deposit you need to go to Portfolio->Deposit to your $ wallet.   That brings up the screen letting you do your Debit/Credit card.    Once deposited go back to the Trade screen to buy BTC with your $.    Back to Portfolio and your BTC wallet now shows a. balance from what you bought.   You can send BTC from that.    You will need Google Authenticator to do the 2FA which is required.   Google Authenticator is an app you can download for free.    It basically generates a random number that you need to key into Coinzoom when sending the BTC.  (It's also needed whenever you need to log back into Coinzoom.

so, yah.   You gotta jump through some hoops to work with bitcoin, but its doable.

@Nicholas440 "One site had a picture of two  dollar amounts, and I could not understand what they wanted and after 3 attempts they lock you out for 24 hrs."

The dollar amounts you have to put in is the amount they put a hold on your debit card(bank info) . I had to call my card company( bank) and they told me the hold amounts all a dollar and change. If that makes sense..

Regards

Thank you all for the replies,  I guess it's not the easiest thing to do but seems many vendors prefer it and I can understand it due to the anonymous nature of transactions.

Meanwhile,  I'll just hang out, and read material on here as I often do. I don't write much because I'm often at a loss for what to say. But I do enjoy coming here and reading what the folks have to say, it's very informative, and I remember the good ole days when there were so many vendors, and using a credit card was the way to go, alas,  that was like 10 years ago, back in the day when there were many good vendors, but they ended up on our black list from the greed etc. But it was nice,  while it lasted.    I had my open heart surgery a few years ago and I'm doing very well, they had to fix my mitral valve, and I'm in great shape,  no plaque at all said the surgeon,  so I take NO medications and just get regular checkups. 

I used to take a small 2 mg dose of diazepam back when I had atrial fibrillation, and didn't know what it was,  the doctor at that time, (40 years ago) just diagnosed me as  "nervous" and having "anxiety" attacks, and he was very wrong, they didn't know each time I experienced all the symptoms that it was my heart, not my nerves. Then one day I got sick, and it didn't go away and I ended up in the hospital, and had to get my heart fixed up and while they had me opened up they did a laser procedure that burns lines on the heart, and when those heal they leave scar tissue and the electrical signals that go crazy and cause the heart to fibrillate, cannot pass through the scar tissue, therefore your heart cannot go into fibrillation, which is good news, and no medication for me was also great.  I just grab an asprin every few days, and take lots of natural supplements  including a high grade fish oil and hawthorne berry for the heart strength.

Anyways, I suppose i'll still search for a good source for the diazepam,  I might locate one eventually,  I did kinda like just having the product in the event I felt a little uneasy, especially at night at bedtime. I used to often take a 2 mg shot of diaz to relax , I have been without it for a year now and I'm fine, but I have to admit it's relaxing to have some on hand.  Well, so much for my soap opera,  ha....   

I'd just like to say thank you, and I enjoy the site, and the great people here, if I can secure the Bitcoin I'll be sure to drop some into the donation box. 

God bless,

Nicholas, 

I've always had great success with Coinbase. The only annoying thing is they make you verify your identity, like they're an actual bank or something. If you've already done that then it should let you use the services. If not, then that's weird. You should contact Customer Support, because Coinbase is easy to use.
But there's the fees.
So if you're having problems using the online service, you might want to opt for downloading a wallet to your hard drive. I personally think the online service is better, because I have lost a hard drive that had BTC on it, and now those BTC are dead in the water. Like, what even happens to them? That's basically the only con, but it's a big one. Then again--if you have your own wallet, on your own hard drive, it might be technically safer because online services are bigger targets for hackers. And some exchanges have even scammed people out of their funds. I've never had any problems with Coinbase, though.

Tip: Coinbase, and perhaps all online exchanges, must report transactions of over $10,000 USD to the IRS. Currency exchanges are not actually taxable, but they're trying to pretend that BTC is a "security." Be careful c(;

@Nicholas440 @Snooky @edgo

Just use Cash app. Or Bisq if you wish to remain anonymous.

Also, if you have earned $600+ from crypto transactions, Coinbase issues a 1099, so technically, regardless of crypto amount you hold, this is reported to the IRS. If you're getting a 1099, it's reported.

As for what crypto amount may actually trigger reporting by Coinbase to IRS, it's a bit complicated. But we have to distinguish IRS from FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network), both child agencies of the Department of the Treasury (USDT).

Frankly, FinCEN is the greater worry. If you've ever heard of banks reporting $10k cash transactions through a CTR or suspicious transactions through SAR, this is FinCEN. While the $10k threshold reporting applies broadly, keep in mind that for electronic transactions, financial institutions are required to retain records of any transaction over $3k. (eff.org/deeplinks/2021/01/eff-fincen-stop-pushing-more-financial-surveillance)

As far as I know, the application of these thresholds to crypto is thus far a proposal, but I'm sure it will pass. (eff.org/deeplinks/2021/01/eff-fincen-stop-pushing-more-financial-surveillance)

Personally, I'd be concerned about the 3k threshold and remain below that. If only for the fact that you could trigger the bank's internal warning systems and get your account shut down even before you ever get to 10k.

Cash app andro1d says you can purchase Bitcoin. I’ve never tried but it’s worth a shot. Cash app is easy. Type card and good to go. 

The main reason I don't use Cashapp is because it seems crazy to give somebody else control over my money. They can just freeze it and take it through a computer if they want. No thanks lol. But it's interesting that they've added BTC as an option

There’s also Bitcoin atm’s but the exchange rate is quite ridiculous. I went today and my local atm has an exchange rate of $70,500. Quite ridiculous. It also has a camera and needs to verify your phone number so not as anonymous as expected. I would not recommend the atm however it may be easier for you to make a deposit if you don’t mind paying a hefty fee

The main reason I don't use Cashapp is because it seems crazy to give somebody else control over my money. They can just freeze it and take it through a computer if they want. No thanks lol. But it's interesting that they've added BTC as an option
What? Cash app is a KYC provider like Coinbase, except they deal exclusively in BTC (for now). Coinbase has definitely frozen user accounts. Just check Reddit. Cash app also limits purchases to $2k/day, but whether that's related to FinCEN and reporting, I don't know.

There’s also Bitcoin atm’s but the exchange rate is quite ridiculous. I went today and my local atm has an exchange rate of $70,500. Quite ridiculous. It also has a camera and needs to verify your phone number so not as anonymous as expected. I would not recommend the atm however it may be easier for you to make a deposit if you don’t mind paying a hefty fee
I wouldn't recommend using an ATM for BTC when there's online exchanges and downloadable wallets, bro. Or does the ATM hook up to a downloadable wallet, or something? At worst you could use an online exchange to purchase coins, then send them straight to your downloaded wallet. If you want to skip the ATM (which I would)

I wouldn't recommend using an ATM for BTC when there's online exchanges and downloadable wallets, bro. Or does the ATM hook up to a downloadable wallet, or something? At worst you could use an online exchange to purchase coins, then send them straight to your downloaded wallet. If you want to skip the ATM (which I would)
The atm will scan your code to drop the purchased Bitcoin into your wallet if you have one or can create a wallet for you or you can manually enter a wallet address where you would like to send funds. I’ve never used one but if this guy is having that much trouble I was just throwing out another option. I agree with everything you said

I'm not a computer person at all took me ages to get bitcoin sorted but I did i Research ed . I've hit a problem though the minimum amount I can buy is 0.004 which is about 130£! Then to transfer to my private wallet it costs me 14.00 dollors. At the beginning I was buying like 50£ worth and the fee was like 2.00dollars but every transaction it's crept up and up . my last transaction I bought 80£ worth don't know how then I tried to transfer to my private wallet it says not enough bitcoin to transfer so I had to Go back and buy ,I only wanted 40£ more but I had to buy 0.004 125£ then it let me transfer and I put in my private wallet and transfer ed it to who I wanted to but I now had over 200£ of bitcoin which I didn't want much but I l just ordered more it's been 36 days and I still haven't received my order  but the bitcoin is not as hard as you think PM if you want a walk through step by step guide.let me know.

I'm not a computer person at all took me ages to get bitcoin sorted but I did i Research ed . I've hit a problem though the minimum amount I can buy is 0.004 which is about 130£! Then to transfer to my private wallet it costs me 14.00 dollors. At the beginning I was buying like 50£ worth and the fee was like 2.00dollars but every transaction it's crept up and up . my last transaction I bought 80£ worth don't know how then I tried to transfer to my private wallet it says not enough bitcoin to transfer so I had to Go back and buy ,I only wanted 40£ more but I had to buy 0.004 125£ then it let me transfer and I put in my private wallet and transfer ed it to who I wanted to but I now had over 200£ of bitcoin which I didn't want much but I l just ordered more it's been 36 days and I still haven't received my order  but the bitcoin is not as hard as you think PM if you want a walk through step by step guide.let me know.
What site are you using to buy BTC?

I use crypto currency to buy then transfer to my private wallet myelium wallet then to wear ever I want.but if I transferred bitcoin straight from crypto currency I probably have problems.

I use crypto currency to buy then transfer to my private wallet myelium wallet then to wear ever I want.but if I transferred bitcoin straight from crypto currency I probably have problems.
What I mean to say is, what exchange are you using, and what wallet? One of them is obviously at issue

@Rec If there's Cash app/Square where you are, just use that to purchase BTC since it will be cheaper. Then transfer the BTC to your anon wallet from there. You might try Binance as well.

Good Evening to All,

I have always had problems with Bitcoin as well.  The problem is with verifying my ID.  Even if I attempt to use one of the above mentioned services or any other Bitcoin service.  My ID is brand new, in perfect condition and is crystal clear.  However, when I scan or photo my ID as requested I always get a error message stating that my ID is blurred or otherwise not clear/readable.  I give up!  Bitcoin ATM is the only method that works for me even though you get robbed with the fees every time you use one.  

Any way life goes on.

Take care,

David

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back