CashApp photo problem

Jesse

I'm trying to set up a CashApp account, but it won't take a photo of the back of my ID. You can't just take your own photo. The app has to take it for you. You get a little box, it locks on your ID, and then it takes the photo. It will do this with the front of my ID, but with the back, the box locks on my ID and then nothing happens. I've sent in a support ticket, but has anybody had this problem, or have any other troubleshooting tips with CashApp?

I haven’t had this problem, but have you tried deleting the app from your phone and then reinstalling? Sometimes this works with glitches like this.  Also have you tried taking the photo with different light sources? Hopefully you get this figured out soon and good luck!

I haven’t had this problem, but have you tried deleting the app from your phone and then reinstalling? Sometimes this works with glitches like this.  Also have you tried taking the photo with different light sources? Hopefully you get this figured out soon and good luck!
I'll try both of those and see what happens. You don't actually take your own CashApp photo. You hold up your ID and the app takes the photo for you. But lighting could still be affecting that. I'll give both a whirl. Thanks!

A quick Google search suggests that CashApp has been having problems for at least the last few days or so (a variety of problems are named, but this photo thing is among them). I also read that there was apparently a run on bitcoin after the value went up and that some sites are simply not selling any. They essentially "ran out" because of this unexpected increase in people buying it, but not selling it. It's not like bitcoin is FDIC protected the way we're accustomed to with normal currency.

Meanwhile, Coinbase decided to ban me for the crime of my credit card expiring and the bank issuing my new card. Y'know, like what happens every few years when you reach your expiration date. If they ban everybody for that, they won't have any customers left!

Had this issue with cashapp too, seems the new "real id" cards are problematic. I opened a support ticket with cashapp and after 48 hrs they got back to me and offered to let me send them photos via email for verification. I would give this a shot 

Had this issue with cashapp too, seems the new "real id" cards are problematic. I opened a support ticket with cashapp and after 48 hrs they got back to me and offered to let me send them photos via email for verification. I would give this a shot 
That's not the problem in my case. I live in one of the (surprising large) number of places that is still Real ID non-compliant. (I Googled that real quick to see if that information would be disclosing too much about my location and I'm surprised at how many states are still at least partially non-compliant.)

I'm thinking 48 hours to respond to such a major customer service problem is kinda bullshit. I've gotten better service than that from the IRS.

I am not impressed with CashApp at the moment at all.

@Jesse yeah I hear you, but it is a one time pain
I still haven't heard back from CashApp's customer service, and it's been about 48 hours now. I finally just purchased elsewhere. If I ever hear back from them, I might go ahead and set up an account since I've heard good things about them, but I'm not going to wait around either. And if I don't hear back from them at all....well, their loss, I guess.

I had this issue as well and I gave up on CashApp because of it. One of the big CAN vendors I had that issue with too. Ridiculous. If you're going to make that a requirement, at least get your shit together enough so that it works for people. Tards.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back