Do You Live In Poverty?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
haha, I should have known... we'd be good friends if we were neighbors NoName /default_smile.png

Self employment, or working as an Independent Contractor has huge tax benefits. If you play your cards right, you can almost get away with paying virtually no taxes. Everything becomes tax deductible, including many things you probably didn't even know you could deduct. A few years back, I made a modest 58k, but only paid $260 taxes at the end of the year due to all the deductions..

Every chance I get to tell Uncle Sam to kiss my ass, is a Good Day! /default_wink.png

Self employment, or working as an Independent Contractor has huge tax benefits. If you play your cards right, you can almost get away with paying virtually no taxes. Everything becomes tax deductible, including many things you probably didn't even know you could deduct. A few years back, I made a modest 58k, but only paid $260 taxes at the end of the year due to all the deductions..

Every chance I get to tell Uncle Sam to kiss my ass, is a Good Day! /default_wink.png
Yeah, but do you pay into the SS fund? That costs alot for the self-employed. You wouldn't want to miss out on that pot 'o gold when you hit 65 (soon to be changed to 70).

Yeah, but do you pay into the SS fund? That costs alot for the self-employed. You wouldn't want to miss out on that pot 'o gold when you hit 65 (soon to be changed to 70).
Honestly I don't think SS will be around when I hit 70, and if it is, I won't be relying on a measly SS check. I know it is good for a lot of people, but I would rather invest what I would pay into SS, in a long term stock or bond, and have it grow for the next 30 years. I stand to inherit enough from family, that if I make it to 70, I will be set for life, and won't need to worry about working, or SS...

-YB

Hey! How did ya know my check was measly...

Wisenheimer...
No offense Noname...I didn't mean it like that, but most people I know who are on SS are getting "measly" checks.. /default_wink.png

No offense Noname...I didn't mean it like that, but most people I know who are on SS are getting "measly" checks.. /default_wink.png
HaHa...no offense taken, YB. Just yankin your chain is all.

And it IS measly, 

HaHa...no offense taken, YB. Just yankin your chain is all.

And it IS measly,
75% of my community collects checks ,Medicaid,DSS, and food stamps..It tends to anger me when I'm going to work everyday and see the same people daily,there sitting on the porch all day drinking brew,my city Plays the system and that's my taxes.So I pay for ppl. To play the system and chill as I Bust my fukin Ass...(don't get me wrong certain ppl need it ) but driving a Benz or other Top cars U obviously do not need it .

Done venting

Bisko

75% of my community collects checks ,Medicaid,DSS, and food stamps..It tends to anger me when I'm going to work everyday and see the same people daily,there sitting on the porch all day drinking brew,my city Plays the system and that's my taxes.So I pay for ppl. To play the system and chill as I Bust my fukin Ass...(don't get me wrong certain ppl need it ) but driving a Benz or other Top cars U obviously do not need it .

Done venting

Bisko
Vent away, Bisko. May I join you?

What I get is Social Security. I had to pay into it,  personally, because I was self-employed.  If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken that money that I paid into FDIC, and like YB, invested it wisely... in first deeds, or other high-interest, low-risk ventures.  Anyone under 65, thinking of depending on their SS check in the future, is a fool.

The asshats playing the system will always be there, only more of them.

my result /default_sad.png i'm not on any kind of aid from the govt or anything either. i live in a room in someone else's house.

View attachment 919

edited to add: although i am eligible for govt assistance, as long as i can work, i refuse to apply for it. plenty of other people living here that need the help more than me - people with children, the elderly, the ill, youth at risk, etc.  several of my friends have tried very hard to pursuade me to go on some form of assistance but i just cannot bring myself to do it. one of them even works for the govt and looked in to it for me without my asking, which is really kind of them.  i don't think they understand why i'd rather go without and live on what i earn than go on assistance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
my result /default_sad.png i'm not on any kind of aid from the govt or anything either. i live in a room in someone else's house.

View attachment 919

edited to add: although i am eligible for govt assistance, as long as i can work, i refuse to apply for it. plenty of other people living here that need the help more than me - people with children, the elderly, the ill, youth at risk, etc.  several of my friends have tried very hard to pursuade me to go on some form of assistance but i just cannot bring myself to do it. one of them even works for the govt and looked in to it for me without my asking, which is really kind of them.  i don't think they understand why i'd rather go without and live on what i earn than go on assistance. 
That's so honourable of you bunnies, you've cut your cloth and retained your self respect.  

That's so honourable of you bunnies, you've cut your cloth and retained your self respect.  
​thank you for the kind words PTFC /default_happy.png it's down to luck really; that i'm able to live off my earnings is largely down to the way my mother raised me and the fact that my landlord is not greedy (it helps that i do/repair things around the property to save her money and also clean the house several times a week. she is extremely generous in allowing me to live here at the monthly rate she charges me, the room i live in is very comfortable and spacious.)

i see some people abusing the govt aid they receive and it burns me up.  i allow myself the occasional "treat" when i've been careful about my money or if a client has tipped me generously, but i see folks on assistance here that straight-up go on shopping sprees for ridiculous things the day their monthly stipend hits their bank account, every month, without fail (do they really need the latest iphone, a brand new 56 inch high def TV, all saints leather jackets, brand new nikes every season, a monthly pile of hideous "trendy" clothing, you get where i'm going with this...)  they're also the first people to moan and rant about how they're not "getting enough money to live and feed their kids" - they're saying all this on their iphone 6s, wearing an outfit that i know cost quite a lot of money, chain-smoking expensive filter cigarettes pushing their baby-stroller full of shopping and i wanna be like "girl spend that money on your kids instead of cigs and ugly clothes!" ugh. sorry for that little rant there.

like many other people in the western world, where i grew up in the 80s we had very little, so i'm not at all uncomfortable living with less.  still manage to eat healthy, slay in my fashions, and have time for my creative endeavours as well.  all of this is why i don't feel like i should apply for govt aid.  i may not have a lot of money, but i am so so lucky and live well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,  I am missing bunnies too, I enjoyed conversation with her and I hope she is okay, I PM 'd weeks ago but not logged in since June I think.

Pretty much, but I think of ways of getting extra cash. I plan to train as an assistant teacher soon, so hopefully I will be better off. ?

I wouldn't say poverty but with the economy and several natural disasters the past 18 months where I live it's been rough.

yes. family lost home recently and i been staying between friends houses but im still young and i have high hopes for my future regardless of my circumstances :)  just a bump in the road as they say

yes. family lost home recently and i been staying between friends houses but im still young and i have high hopes for my future regardless of my circumstances :)  just a bump in the road as they say
That's a nice optimistic way of looking at things! My best wishes for you! 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back