doc wants to put me on Lexapro

Def_Starr

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
So i been on xanax the past 9yrs , and recently my new doctor at the same office recommended i should try Lexapro, to help with the anxiety. I immediately responded "Isn't lexapro for depression,  I DONT HAVE DEPRESSION"

SHe recommended the lexapro because of the constant over thinking , now i am wondering maybe i should go on it? but at the same time i heard it has suicidal effects?

I JUST WANT TO STOP HATING WORK, GOING TO WORK, BLAMING WORK, AND BE ABLE TO JUST GO TO WORK AND DEAL WITH IT AND NOT WORRY SO MUCH

The two are often linked @Def_Starr, anxiety/depression. What about other avenues though? Could you get another job that gives you a little more satisfaction/contentment? 

i wish it was so easy to drop and find new work, without effecting bills, its so hard with the current place to look for new jobs, since calling out for interviews is a no go

sometimes i wake up in the morning, and start stressing myself out before i even go to work like "I FKIN HATE THE DRIVE I HATE TO SEE THE SAME STUPID PPL, I HOPE I DONT TALK TO MY BOSS, I WANT A NORMAL LIFE" the same scenario almost everyday :/

and i took a klonopin at 5:30am and 6:30am 1mg x@nz, still annoyed as fk, i rather go work out and look in the mirror as i work out my back lol I HATE YOU WORK SO MUCH !

I tried this years ago (prob a decade) - it was the devil and my anxiety was hell.  But it works for so many - I think I'm just one that cant take ssri's

the doc called in 60day lexapro script and recommended i take it everyday with the X@nz. and follow up within 6-8 weeks? i dunno what for but il stick to my regular scheduled appt i have with them, not going to go back to re-assessment so they can make money on a refill, i can wait for my next scheduled appointment in the late summer for my refill , i know they want me to come as often as they can bill me $ they love $$$

Last edited by a moderator:
so its been 4days  on lexapro, the first 2days i did 10mg on sat/sun , got me super lazy and tired, mon/tues i decided to just take 5mg in the morning,

i feel a lil more uplifted, not overthinking  as much even though its to soon to tell , but dam this stuff makes u so sleepy during the day, especially at work! i just wanted to walk out and nap, or use a sick excuse to go home and sleep, i took a nap during LUNCH

i dunno if i want to feel tired and useless during the day at work, if i take it in the evening will i get sleep , i been googling lexapro, mix reviews !

i work out in the evening but  i dont want the lexapro to interfer with my lifting ! but also i dont want to feel tired 24/7

its like when i 1st took xanax , i used get sleepy within 2hrs after taking it, which that effect is no longer there, but lexapro i just want to knock out and lay in bed instead of going to work, i even skipped my workout today after work, killed my appetite . I didn't get enough calories in to hit gym to lift

Everyone says if your unhappy with your job, quit, SURE THATS EASY ,but the anxiety and depression that that job created for me in the 9yrs i been there, is going to go with me everywhere , so pretty dumb for ppl to say find a new job if your unhappy, yah i quit but the depression and anxiety is forever thanks to micromanagement always stepping on my balls

FLoirida is a right to work state, so u can get fired and theres nothing you can do about it, I wonder if i got a LAWYER if i can sue my employer for causing the anxiety and depression from all the shitty managers i had in past 9yrs , even ppl who arent my manager would step on my balls, WHY CANT PPL LVE ME THE FK ALONE!

Hi Def,

I've been on Lexapro or a generic of SSRIs--I believe is the abbreviation.  I'm using generic now.  I had your problem pretty much to a tee, except the job part, as I am retired and travel solo in a small RV.  "Over thinking", yeah.  One doc years ago called it "repetitive thought syndrome" but I think she made that up, ha.

Just my experience, but I've never had a problem with it, and it seems to help me. 

SheratonG

anyone know if anti depressants are habit forming, (addictive) i am keeping my dose low , it makes u way to tired

Yes def star anti-depressants can be very addictive of coarse depending on the person and which kinds of anti-depressants you are on.

Im currently prescribed buspar w my benzo for social anxiety disorder(S.A.D. and G.A.D.) Which you probably already know is general anxiety disorder. Buspar is more of a milder anxiety /depression med that i find not to be as addicting but again depends on the person but my sister battled getting off her anti-depressants for quite a while b/c of the side effects of them being so addictive! 

I wish i could think of the name of the one she was on but i do remember she had a hard time getting off of paxil but anyways thats just my 2 cents. Hope that helps!:-)

so its 8days into , so far things look good as far as not over thinking constantly and repeating the same thoughts over and over in my head about stupid things i have no control over, not nervous about little things.

it does make you super tired, and lazy, i am not sure if the sleepiness and tiredness is what makes it effective lol, i had to force my self to go outside this afternoon after i took it after my workout so i don sit around bored around the hse thinking about bs, instead decided to take a nap , groggy

its similar to taking a muscle relaxer like flexeril, makes you feel tired and groggy ,but unfortunately i read that if one takes flexeril and lexapro togather, your going to be really dosed up, so its unfortunate i cannot take the flexeril when i have the bad case of sciatic nerve pain or muscle ache flare ups

If my weak advise holds any water, i say stay away from ssri drugs. They are so dangerous, and get handed out like candy. Modern science doesn't even understand brain chemistry. So messing with seems far to crazy. SRRI drugs are bad news. 

Maybe this is just the alex jones getting to me? 

Reactions: yup
Lex,  SSRI's and other anti-depressants are not addictive per se, as in if you stop, you than crave the drug/high. However, they are no doubt VERY physically/mentally habit-forming which is different from addiction ---but can be pretty uncomfortable to get off--especially rapidly. IMO one has to be pretty motivated to take a drug that certainly affects the brain and body and libido when the symptoms of depression and/or anxiety -- and yes, running thinking are just too much. Lex has worked for me for years; only bummer is the weight gain -- not much but it happens. And you really need to give the meds at least 3-6 weeks.

Just my 2c

Peace

P

@Def_Starr I think you have a point that just changes jobs, or even possibly meds, is an easy fix. It's more how can you change your outlook. My husband has made a habit and hobby out of bitching on how he hates his job. It's ruining his life, this is no way to live, blah blah blah. I don't want to go hijack your thread with my story.

I just don't think it's the job is so awful, he chooses to dwell on the negative. if you're stuck, you gotta retrain your  mind to look at what's positive. Good salary or the long years you've pUT in.

A medication that lifts your mood can help, but sometimes you have to find ways to like what you've got. Whether it's your job, your home, or even yourself.

thank goodness for this post , this gives me a ref point of when i started the meds. I been on them for approx 4months, beat the tiredness stages after 4weeks , i alternated between 5mg and 10mg, after reading more reviews, i am kicking back to 2.5mg and dropping it. I do not need the bad side effects that come with it. Bad enough i am struggling with anti anxiety dependence.

I realized i do not need this AD in my life at the moment, and was a victim of a quick buck for Big Pharma by the Dr. influence, but now i found my self in a cache 22.... thats another story...

I wrote an article for a magazine titled" LEXAPRO IS THE DEVIL" 

by 5-7 am I had 100's of emails agreeing - I felt dysphoric and anxious, never slept and freaked out at any noise

that was 3 wks on it

Lexapro not only took away my anxiety and worry,  it gave me an "i dont care" attitude at work. I wasnt lazy, i just had no motivation to do my work. I still had the same amount of energy i always had, but i didnt care to do a good job.

I was happy, but at a cost. This drug screwed up my career bigtime! I gave it up and started taking xanax extended release.  

Lexapro not only took away my anxiety and worry,  it gave me an "i dont care" attitude at work. I wasnt lazy, i just had no motivation to do my work. I still had the same amount of energy i always had, but i didnt care to do a good job.

I was happy, but at a cost. This drug screwed up my career bigtime! I gave it up and started taking xanax extended release.  
yah when i got off it, i still had the I DONT CARE MODE AT WORK AND STILL DO, I FEEL MORE CONFIDENT because of it i dont know i guess it rebooted my ATTITUDE and i stick to xanax , fkin doc's dont know what works ,they textbooks!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back