E-Mail Account Disabled Due To Violation Of Terms

Thebrain

I had a hushmail account that I have used for years and last night when I tried to login to my account it said that it had been disabled either because I requested it or I violated the terms and conditions of the company. I had all of my order info in my inbox including current orders. When I say order info I mean everthing, products mailing address, payment info... I sent hushmail an email asking them why my account was deactivated but they aren't in until Monday. Is this something I should be worried about or do you think they just deactivated the account and that's the end of it or do you think that they sent the info to.... If anyone has had this happen to them please get back to me and let me know what happened and if this is something I should be worried about or not. If any senior members could comment I would appreciate it.

Yikes / this is a reminder that we should all keep our email accounts clean and up to date

Yes, and a reminder to keep all your contact info/order info backed up. Hushmail will deactivate your account at the drop of a hat if they receive any proof that you've been using it for our purposes; if that's the case, you'll never have access to that account again.

Im not worried about gaining access to that account again I'm worried that they will notify the authorities and have my orders.... That's what im worried about. Should I worry about this or no ?

That's scary. I would be worried bc I'm a worryier but I can't imagine it would be legal for them to offer up you emails to whomever.

Someone with more knowledge than I correct me here if I'm wrong, but they can't read your emails if both you and the receiver use encrypted hushmail. They have, in the past, modified their system to capture the specific users’ passwords so they could log in to those particular accounts. I believe it took a Canadian court order to do that. Chances are, someone is upset at you and sent hushmail some info that led them to believe that you were violating the TOS. In that case they probably just shut it down and moved on. Either that or you were sending unencrypted mail from hushmail to a non-hushmail user.

Either way, unless you were doing something really horrible, I wouldn't expect any trouble. Just find another email service.

So am I being careless by not using an encrypted email? I use my email that gets all the spam junk. Is this foolish?

Well, hushmail encryption is useless when you're sending email to a non-hushmail user unless you use the question and answer feature hushmail provides. Otherwise it's just regular, non-encrypted email.

This stuff about Hushmail is very true.

No more Hushmail for me either.

My account hasn't been shut down by them (yet). however the company has somehow prevented emails from my best IOP from getting their return emails back into my Inbox, I can sent from it, by nothing successfully gets returned into my inbox from the vendor- not even to my Spam box or Trash. I finally figured this out through an indirect method after weeks of frustration.

Pretty dam sneaky of them.

Needless to say, I will be closing that account for good ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hushmail was never any safer than any of the other free email services. If the MAN really wants to read your email, he will, forget all the encryption; that's a false sense of security.

Just go with whatever seems the most stable and reliable for you.

If you think about it, generally people who have "something" to hide would likely choose something like a Hushmail account, which in my mind, just invites suspicion from LE or snoopy IP providers.

Email providers such as Yahoo, Google, and Hotmail have millions, if not billions, of subscribers so the chances of "snooping" decreases. However, accounts such as Hushmail is liken to driving around the streets with an open can of beer hanging out your car window, just asking for trouble.

Dear Hushmail account, sorry but I've dumped you.

Good riddance.....

This actually just happened to me recently. It was a bad week... First my original hushmail account with EVERYTHING got de-activated because I was a day over 3 weeks before I logged in, and we all know that free hushmail accounts need to be logged into at least once every 3 weeks or they will de-activate the account. So I lost EVERYTHING, then go and open another hushmail account and get all my e-mails out and re-connecting with old vendors and everything going smoothly, when 3 days later, I get the exact message the OP got. About a TOS violation and being locked out! ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!! How annoying was that? So basically I gave hushmail the middle finger and went somewhere else with much more reliable service. If you also want to try a different provider, a good idea is to check your vendors e-mail addresses and look at the domains they use. Also another important reminder to BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU CAN! Be careful!

Take care and be safe all!

Hushmail is unsafe, they will release customer information if they are ordered to - encryption or not.

Hushmail is unsafe, they will release customer information if they are ordered to - encryption or not.
Absolutely correct. They have done it before. Just Google about it.

They suddenly and without warning closed down both of my Hushmail accounts.

Pissed me right off for a lot of useful info and friend's email addresses were stored in there which was totally unrelated to the benzo forum I had happened to join and the vendor I was buying from.

Shit, it's not as if I was planning a terrorist attack or selling pounds of cocaine or anti aircraft artillery.

I hope that email service rots in Hell for what they did to me and the loss of keeping in touch with genuine friends from around the world.

Slammer

In May this year Hushmail "were forced", to change their policy on PGP mail. In plain terms although you may encrypt your mail - do not for one minute think that running on their servers are specilist - very advanced compiled code that can decrypt scan your mail and drop it in a milli-second if it picks up "Keywords" or phrases. It is no safer than using an @live a/c - at least they do not scan mail in this particular fashion.

Hushmail scan everything - If your account gets flagged one off 2 things happen. 1 you continue to use the account, meanwhile they are re-directing your mail to an Info-gathering company, they then determine if your worth spending the money following up. But your mail will never reach it's destination. 2 Hush close the account and site violation rules - basically there servers have detected higher than normal count of words that they deem linking you to criminal activity.

Avoid them, if you want to send encrypted mail write the mail yourself on MS Word - Use a tiny program Ewizard Public to encrypt the file, attach it to the mail, send mail. Only downside recipient must use Ewizard and the Password you encrypted with to decrypt. Small but minor price to pay for confidentiality.

You guys are amateurs if you are using hushmail, foot the bill and buy a secure email line. hushmail is notorious for working with LE...Stay the F away.

There is an extension for the firefox web browser named Anonymox, which can be found with a google search that allows with one click of a mouse access to nine proxies and four Tor exit nodes. From the Tor exit nodes you can set up a Tormail account. I would give this a 2/10 on a difficulty scale and a 9/10 on a security scale. It is really quite easy and really quite secure. The only way to be more secure is to actually be running Tor. I have heard bad things about hushmail in the past and I wouldn't trust it.

My computer ran like complete garbage after running TOR. I suppose its a great idea and i tried it bc of my paranoid state of mind. Personally i just use free email and constantly keep it clean. As Slammer stated with millions if not billions of accounts i doubt anyone is really looking, but who knows. If "they" want your info im pretty sure they are going to get it one way or another.

tormail.org , they in no way cooperate with anyone for any reason. used them for close to a year now and have had no problems. just the occasional difficulty connecting to the site as it is an internal TOR only site, but that is more of a TOR issue than mail host issue.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back