Euro 2016

Conceited

Anyone watching the football. Doubt the US does, and the large contingent of scots on here probably aren't, being that their only home nation not to qualify lol

Yeah England did good, I can see them getting to the quarter finals, maybe semi final. Probably the best England squad in recent years   

That was a wicked freekick by Bail. Top class player.

I bet Germany to win it.

It's pretty much the only time I see my country's flag on display, when there's an international tournament. It stokes pride in one's nation, and for that Euro 2016 is good. It's the fact that it's pretty much the *only* thing that stokes that pride that annoys me!

But yeah, anyway, sorry... as far as club-level football goes, I've got as much interest in football as a blind person has in Specsavers, but I do take an interest in international football. I'm not sure any of the home nations will make it through to the quarter finals, to be quite honest...maybe England might at a push... we'll see how it plays out.

But wow, those Russian fans, brutal as it gets...

You're spot on - they certainly are very militaristic. I read online that some of them had sew-on patches (designating their group), online blogs detailing their actions, even a film crew. Definitely far more than the typical 'boozy Brits'.

I think that's one thing that put me off football, the social drinking aspect of it; I think I'm just too unsociable. =/ I used to drink, but when I did it was always on my own. Yay!

Most of the eastern European teams have a hardcore hoolligans that train for fights with rival fans. Poland, Ukraine, Russia their all up for a good tare up.  They all want to be like England were for years, until the banning orders stopped most of the English lads going over. 

I see no problem with rival fans wanting to fight each other if both groups are game, but attacking innocent fans and bystanders is out of order.    

Yeah, the issue of the suitability of Russia as a host nation was raised, and just ignored it seems. It'll be rough. Then after that it'll be Qutar. What could go wrong? Got to love the lack of corruption in the FA. =)

Oh, and tonight, Croatia's fans threw flares onto the pitch.

Grand.

@Smoka90 we even had that on the news "over here". I've never understood the fan violence in football. I suppose it's good that it hasn't caught on too much in the USA. We would just shoot everyone :(

@Smoka90 we even had that on the news "over here". I've never understood the fan violence in football. I suppose it's good that it hasn't caught on too much in the USA. We would just shoot everyone :(
Which bit did you have on the news? The Croatian fans or the Russian fans? Or was it both?

I've never understood football violence either. It's the almost religious dedication to football clubs that baffle me, I've got to admit. I had a religious obsession with a football club once - I was about 10! My take on it is that as people have become more apathetic and even hostile to the idea of being proud of your nation, people have replaced it with football allegiances. Maybe. I might be way off.

So...I don't understand the violence, but I think I know how it happens:

1. That religous dedication to the football team.

2. Alcohol intoxication.

3. Mob mentality.

I know it's not as simple as that, but that's how I see it...

And I have to make a predictable comment now, but...if, instead of alcohol, those fans indulged in kratom or a certain other plant that happens to stink, this wouldn't be an issue. Not at all. I think with the latter stinky plant, they might end up stealing bowls of pasta from each other, but that's it...

Lol @Smoka90 I like your solution.

It was the flare incident that was on the news over here, probably because it was more unique than the standard brawls.

I fancy England for it, really do. I was happy to see some of my Millwall mates sitting in the Russian end last week. NOLU. 

The flares getting chucked on the pitch was nothing more then time wasting by the Croatian fans. Then the OB come in firing tear gas and bean bags, and  the commentators say the Croatians ar fighting amongst them selves lol. Its nothing serious. Its another case of the OB trying to provoke trouble. Imo     

@PTFC if England do go all the way. It could be England vs Germany in the finals. Would be nice to avenge the euro 96 semi final penalty shoot out defeat. England should of won that tournament. 

Better believe it! The Germans are tip top though. But, I have hope!

I think if anything, England need to avenge the 4-2 defeat at the 2010 World Cup. I don't follow football massively, but I don't think I'll ever forget Frank Lampard's disallowed goal (that went over the line off the post, then bounced back). That was a bit of an injustice, to say the least.

I think England played tonight, haven't checked the score. That's how apathetic I can get. To be honest, I'm being massively distracted by the EU Referendum. Eep.

Looks like England have an easy last 16 match against Iceland.  The way the draw is set up we could be playing Germany in the semi's. Depending on the France vs republic of Ireland match  will determine who we get in the quarter final. All the favorites will be playing each other on England side of the draw. So it's going to be interesting to see who will be in the final. Croatia v England maybe that would be a dream come true. 

@Smoka90 I think the 2010 world cup was karma  for the 1966 final where one of  Englands goals was a bit dodgy and change the flow of the match.  But beating the Germans in the semi's would make up for both of those disappointment of losing those games. And if it went to penaltys and we win, that would be justice.

There are no clear favorites so far, I think there will be a new country on the trophy this time round.  

Justice sounds very appealing, but... I'm not overly confident for England. I know it's that typical British pessimism perhaps, but I look at the results from the group games:

England: 1 - Russia: 1

Wales: 3 - Russia: 0

If I'm correct on those scores, then...yeah...

It would be beautifully ironic if England won the tournament after the UK leaving the EU, hehe.

WTF is going on here!!! England don't generally do well coming back being down at half time. Turn up the heat!!!!

England are on thin ice.

Sorry, had to make that joke...

I know the final score's in, so that makes no sense...but...I can't like a good (bad) joke die.

And yeah, well...they didn't beat Russia or Slovakia. Playing against Iceland was punching way above their weight I guess. There's a lot wrong with the England team. A *lot*.

Joe Hart let that second goal in and the team just lost the plot after that. That's not the first time he has let an easy save go past him, he did it at Rio 2014.  

Watching England isn't good for your anxiety, had to much a few extra /-\Lps during that match lol

Joe Hart is one of the worst England Goalies I have ever seen. You're right @Conceited, England completely lost all cohesion after that 2nd goal. 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back