Fat loss

Mac65

I'm having a rough time getting off of Coca Cola. If I stopped I would lose my gut but omg it's rough to quit!

Try diet coke? Assuming you're not talking about some other form of coke, but that one doesn't seem to cause weight gain.

I have this problem too. I was interested in the other thread about opeeates causing a craving for sweets because I never associated my coke addiction with the other. I'm sipping a Sprite as I write this and yes, I know it's not good for me.

I've tried replacing with Diet Coke, Coke Zero, sweet tea, etc and I've went a month without it but I always give in. The opiats may contribute I've never thought of that.

The connection works both ways. Children who crave sweets are more likely to develop alcoholism & addiction as adults. But while I understand the connection between craving sugar & addiction I've never heard of anythingin coca cola specifically that would cause craving. I would still suggest findjng a low or nocal substitute like stevia or agave or even a sugar alcohol like malitol, although they have calories they don't raise blood sugar or create a sugar high. If you break yourself of the need for the need for that sugar rush you'll have a better chance of cutting out the calories.

Thank you I'm gonna try that. It's time to get serious. For 20+ years I practically lived in the gym and never drank carbonated drinks. I was nearly killed in 2011, broke my neck and lower spine, lost all that hard earned muscle and just sort of gave up but I'm trying to crawl back out of this hole. Thanks for the advice.

I would think that the High Fructose Corn syrup in Coke is pretty addicting. I read an article that if you stopped drinking soda you will lose 12 lbs in a year without exercise or dieting...just eliminating soda.   

Where I live they have two kinds of Coke.  One made in the USA and one made in Mexico and they are vastly different.  The one made in Mex is the old original formula and uses real sugar not corn syrup...and it tastes amazing compared to the USA version.

I have given up soda completely years ago...When I think about what it does to my body and the empty calories it sort of took the joy out of it for me.  

Try drinking a glass of water with a slice of lemon in the morning....its one of the best things you can do for your body and it will help you lose weight. I drink a glass of water with a couple of tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in the afternoon and it really kills my craving for sweets and suppresses my appetite and it does a whole lot of other good things for your body.

Last edited by a moderator:
0h! I love the coke in the mexican section. In a glass bottle <3. I wish they had them in 6-packs, out here sold just as singles and I will put 10 in a cart and a few of the Fanta pineapple glass bottles in my cart and it makes alot of noise and even when they double sack them,the caps rip the bags and try to fall out. Worth it though- so good.

Yes I love the Mexican coke too. I also prefer the glass bottles to cans or plastic. @girlgerms, when I first glanced at your post, I was thinking that you were referring to OUR Mexican section. Had a sec or two of panic thinking they were widening their menu.

Yes I love the Mexican coke too. I also prefer the glass bottles to cans or plastic. @girlgerms, when I first glanced at your post, I was thinking that you were referring to OUR Mexican section. Had a sec or two of panic thinking they were widening their menu.
Haha I love Mexican Coke as well time to time, actually Columbian or Peruvian. Don't do a whole six pack in one seating or you might get a major sugar rush. I was thinking the same thing as @2earls. I was like wow liquid coke this must be some serious diet plan your on but yea. I'm not big on soda but when I buy Coca Cola it's the Mexican or Jewish version cause they both use sugar and not fructose syrup.

They are putting aspartame even in the non diet versions.
That stuff is pure poison.

This was me in 3rd grade before I stopped drinking Coke.

giphy.gif

This is me now...no soda for years...

valeria-levitinthe-worlds-thinnest-woman-campaigns-against-anorexia-5.jpg

Shit works..."My milk shakes bring the boyz to the yard..."

IN all seriousness, I lost 15lbs by not drinking any soda diet or other wise.

I took me sometime - but I finally learned that 1 can of soda = 1 sandwhich. And that 1 can of soda plays with my glucose levels too.

Same with caffeine. 1 cup of coffee  gives a rush, but that same cup of coffee beings me down a hour later and reaching for a second cup.

It took me sometime, years really, that I finally broke my habit with them.

Now I gave up soda and caffeine. And white sugar as well - because some of you know that white sugar only makes the body crave more. It takes about a week for me to give up those things. And that week was unbearable. But after a week and as times goes on I find that "items" unbearable and makes my body go into a trailwind of super hyper activity that makes me reach for a magnesium pill.

So what I chose to do is have that sandwhich instead of a can of soda. My body has never been happier.

For me I stopped drinking coke/Pepsi a loooong long time ago and any time I've had a sip since its just gross tasting. I do very occasionally have root beer or ginger ale.I would say try to stop for more than a month and see how it goes.

Also, diet and zero soft drinks are usually worse than the regular straight coke. So many chemicals they put in it.

Yes...coke made with sugar is so much better tasting than the one made with corn syrup. I wonder why they changed the formula? 

Anyone hear of bulletproof coffee? look it up it tastes fantasti and can control appetite for hours on end. It puts me into ketosis 30 minutes after my morning cup and I am not hungry until after 2 or 3 afternoon. Check it out bulletproof diet as well but I just do the coffee?

The mother of my daughter has weight issues. She's trying to lose it. She may have a thyroid problem.

To burn fat you must raise body temp and metabolism. Green tea all day and make yourself sweat in whatever fashion you can!

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back