Great Job By Mediator

Hi Headbanger,

This site is great and I have noticed that you are extremely helpful.  Keep up the good work.  Of all the other members you are the most helpful.

Unknown1212

Don't just thank me unknown. It's really the others(Mods and Adm) who keep this place going, make sure we're all safe, make sure we following the rules and still have time to have fun. With their wisdom and guidance they manage to bring us all together as a happy and helpful community.

Thanks admin for all the time and effort put in to make this site what it is: GREAT!! Keep up the good work and all the BS out.

I see a little bit of name calling can get people to speak up.

No really I'm not trying to be a bully or a dick( if anyone finds my language offensive I'll stop) or try and be better than anyone else on the board. I just feel strongly that the people who manage the operations here do not get appreciated enough They are volunteers and spend their own personal time to make sure we can safety find whatever we need.

Compensating these people(legitimately) would not be possible for some many reasons so the next best way is to at least from time to time to tell the crew thanks. Doesn't  have to be everyday, just remember when things go right for you, or some info saved you from being ripped off or just for no particular reason except to say thanks.

I'm done ragging about this subject so all you members can comment or not however you feel about DGB and the community.

You just can't comment on me. /default_smile.png

I see a little bit of name calling can get people to speak up.

No really I'm not trying to be a bully or a dick( if anyone finds my language offensive I'll stop) or try and be better than anyone else on the board. I just feel strongly that the people who manage the operations here do not get appreciated enough They are volunteers and spend their own personal time to make sure we can safety find whatever we need.

Compensating these people(legitimately) would not be possible for some many reasons so the next best way is to at least from time to time to tell the crew thanks. Doesn't  have to be everyday, just remember when things go right for you, or some info saved you from being ripped off or just for no particular reason except to say thanks.

I'm done ragging about this subject so all you members can comment or not however you feel about DGB and the community.

You just can't comment on me. /default_smile.png
HB I consider you a huge asset to the community ,you tell newbies how it is, we give feedback they have to decide on there own.I have noticed a lot of Newbs just joining asking for a Vendor ...READ MO FO ....were on the same page ,This just shows you the difference of a OG born in 50's/70's ...till now from the 80's on half the young bucks have NO RESPECT......Times have a changed I've noticed drastically .People must think we get a Paycheck for this ,Not ...we do it for free and the Love of the game and to protect DBG at all means to keep this Board Alive and Safe .Some dumbasses just don't get it .

Sincerely

DJ

HB I consider you a huge asset to the community ,you tell newbies how it is, we give feedback they have to decide on there own.I have noticed a lot of Newbs just joining asking for a Vendor ...READ MO FO ....were on the same page ,This just shows you the difference of a OG born in 50's/70's ...till now from the 80's on half the young bucks have NO RESPECT......Times have a changed I've noticed drastically .People must think we get a Paycheck for this ,Not ...we do it for free and the Love of the game and to protect DBG at all means to keep this Board Alive and Safe .Some dumbasses just don't get it .

Sincerely

DJ
Trust me. I can completely relate what you guys go through. Honestly, the amount of headache and stress that CAN be involved makes being a Mod a priceless job in my books. No amount of money (Well, within reason /default_smile.png) would entice me to watch over all the threads and remind people over and over about the rules.
I'm afraid I'd lose my patience, as well as my bearings, within a week max.

It's great that you guys seem to have cohesive, supportive, and wise mindsets. I can feel the positive vibes this time, rather than the egotistical negative energy of months ago.

But as I was saying, until one actually Mods, they really have NO idea what the stress level can be like. So, in one respect, I don't blame the masses for not FULLY understanding the work, energy, and sleepless nights involved. Thus mistakenly having the impression that being a Mod must be a honorable, powerful, awesome, fulfilling job. Yeah, it could possibly be for a scammer, but to an honest person, your hard hard work sadly goes unrecognized.

Some people just need to walk a mile in your shoes to get the point.

Sad, but true...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I am going to stick my oar in here,

I maybe sounding modest but honestly it is people like HB and Slammer that make our jobs relatively painless. 

No no stop you're amazing. No no you're amazing.

Xegh 

It's Really a combination of mods, admin and numerous members who contribute to the board, that makes this board work, with very few hiccups. I was the first Mod to come on board when J & H left, and I could see DBG was going to fall hard and fast if someone didn't take control. I had a talk with Admin about this, and the first month or so was pretty rough trying to control everything. Fortunately, I had a lot more time than I do now to monitor everything that was going on. At first it turned into a big "free for all" as some members who have now been banned would tell you. I spent the first month or so just policing the board at least 14 hours a day. (Glad those days are over.) What Happened? Where did everyone go? Where's so and so? etc..Jewy and H just vanished overnight without a word of explanation. (as if the meltdown at Christmas time wasn't bad enough, and many members were still trying to recover from that) I put the word out in postings, to find some help, and there were/are several respectable members who have been members of DBG for a considerable length of time, that I contacted to see if they were interested in being a mod, and I had several who contacted me, who wanted to be mods, but I didn't feel they had the experience, to do the job. I talked to a few select people who I thought would all do a good job,and they all declined for various reasons to be part of the mod team. Together, Admin and myself were running the show, and in constant contact regarding everyday issues. I knew eventually we would get a Great Mod crew on board. Fortunately, our present Mod crew slowly funneled in, and we now have a very respectable and hard working team of mods. I believe the vibe around here has changed 100% for the better, and we are on track to be the Best DBG has ever been!

-YB

Last edited:
Merci pour le travail difficile que vous les gars et gal. Je pense que nous avons un grand conseil maintenant sauf pour mon dumbass postes.

thank you for the hard work you guys and gal do. I think we have a great board now except for my dumbass posts! Sorry but I'm learning how to speak French so hopefully when I go there next year I can understand the language.

Hi Yellowbelly,

Thanks for the background information.  I also want to thank all the mod's as well as the member's who are helpful.  This site has helped me greatly and I really appreciate the job that the mod's and member's have done.  Without you guys and gals I would have lost a lot of money (scammed).   Keep up the good work!

unkown1212

Merci pour le travail difficile que vous les gars et gal. Je pense que nous avons un grand conseil maintenant sauf pour mon dumbass postes.

thank you for the hard work you guys and gal do. I think we have a great board now except for my dumbass posts! Sorry but I'm learning how to speak French so hopefully when I go there next year I can understand the language.
You better eat clam under the eiffel tower, David!

I am SO happy I found your site. Congrats on a great place, that I HOPE to fit into someday. Being a newbie sucks, but admin and a few good 'ol regulars will treat you well.

I have placed orders with a couple places, hopefully they come through. Thank you yo all whom contribute as us little guys HATE to be scammed! Thank you again! Marie

I am SO happy I found your site. Congrats on a great place, that I HOPE to fit into someday. Being a newbie sucks, but admin and a few good 'ol regulars will treat you well.

I have placed orders with a couple places, hopefully they come through. Thank you yo all whom contribute as us little guys HATE to be scammed! Thank you again! Marie
Hi mariedarr,

Personally I dislike the term "newbie". It sounds demeaning. And is sometimes used by the 'so-called' experts high post count members to strut their stuff or put-down new members who happen to make mistakes.

Anyways, being a Canadian, you're no "little guy"  Think positive, demonstrate your willingness to help others when the time arises; and good things will follow.

If in doubt about a scam, contact a Mod. We we ALL in your place at one time or another. There are NO INDIVIDUAL EXPERTS about everything on here, as the new Mods philosophy seems to be, which is great. Finally reason, logic, and just plain common sense has come back to DBG. For that we must respect the MODS, ADMIN, and especially @yellowbean for help keeping this place floating in the midst of a storm. Also the members who didn't abandon ship, but stayed put and helped repair the broken sails.

Welcome and cheers,

S

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back