Happy Holidays And A "formal" Hello!

• Thread starter Thread starter tri_gal
  • Start date Start date
Then I dont know, thats what it says, "dont have permission", got me. Been able to pm anybody else.......

Last edited:
Then I dont know, thats what it says, "dont have permission", got me. Been able to pm anybody else.......
Then they likely have profile security enabled. Won't allow PM's ( with the exception of one workaround) from anyone other than "friends".

OMG, now this is a true clusterfuck, I would bow out gracefully, but since its long past that, I'll just bow out.

Peace To All

I give up, I was joking but I will apologize from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry, I only meant it jokingly, did  about the same to KK and she wasnt offended,
she ignored it,  ya'll were speaking of assumptions?

True that, hooter - I haven't blocked anyone, yet  /default_rolleyes.gif 

NS - just bowing out is graceful.  Go in peace...

If kk ignored something, she showed her usual graceful personality!

Could we bring this thread back to more fun?  I truly meant it to be a fun introduction, inviting fun loving people to reach out...I sincerely like making friends and do my best to stray away from assumptions.

Happy Friday, everyone.  Who's got plans for FUN tonight?  I do...dinner at a local fondue restaurant with friends - yum!

Hi Trigal. Sounds like all is forgiven with NightStalker - I just wanted to let you know that I know him a bit and well enough to know he really was just kidding. He is not a stalker by any means. He just likes to push the limits. Some would say in poor taste but truly he was just trying to make you laugh and well, we all know everyone's sense of what is funny and what is rude is different. Glad to hear you are one of us girls that can get over it and move on. I am a "Riley" girl not Riley guy in case that isn't obvious. Hope I am not out of line or interfering here? I am certain I will be told if I am, but wanted you to be clear he is a good guy....I think he will hate being called a "good guy" so I am going to shut up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trigal,

Is the 'runner's high?' real? I had a former boss say it was (he had to put down the bottle as well, and I feel he replaced it with something less destructive and more socially acceptable - bike riding). Don't get me wrong, I do not know you nor your reasons for joining triathlons, so don't think I am implicating that as your reasons for joining such events, but I've awlays been curios because I have never, ever, experienced any joy of out exercising. I am skinny by the grace of God (and my gastroparesis). 

Tri enjoy your nite out with friends.....be safe and have a great time  /default_smile.png

KK

Thank you, kk - we had a blast.  We went out again Saturday night...wow, just staying out late messes with me these days, lol!  It was a nice weekend,, though.

Salamandoor - YES, there is most definitely a "runner's high".  In fact, I have to be careful - my doctor recently talked to me about exertion-induced migraines - I tend to push it really hard sometimes.  The deal with runner's highs is this (I read this somewhere recently and found it to be very true) - most people never have the patience to build up their endurance to the point where they can reach that endorphin boost.  It generally takes about 5 miles of running or 45-60 minutes to reach it.  Your beginner runners aren't going to be up to that length of running, so they need to stick with it for a bit until the endurance builds.  Once you feel it, however, it's like any other "high" in that you will keep chasing that feeling!  The fantastic thing about exercise is that the high never diminishes, you never build a tolerance!

I was a swimmer growing up; I ran a lot during college to help cross-train.  I got a bit out of shape after giving up alcohol (okay, a lot out of shape) so I started running again.  Someone suggested I might enjoy a tri - I went out on a mountain bike and won my very first time out, lol.  I was hooked after!

Not being particularly young, I do need to baby my body after particularly hard workouts and races; I have several chronic pain inducing injuries as well, but the reward outweighs the pain; so long as I get help from here /default_wink.png .  I also find that controlling my sleep schedule is extremely important for me to remain in top form - I coach as well as race; I really, really enjoy the team aspect of the sport as well.  

Riley - I actually have a very laid back sense of humor and I took Nightstalker's comments in the way they were intended.  I was approached via PM with some concerns about the comments that were made, so I felt it was important to sort of guide NS in the right direction as he is somewhat new here.  Absolutely no hard feelings - all is forgiven/forgotten!  Nice to meet you as well!  

Thank you all for the warm comments; I really appreciate it - makes a girl feel special  /default_tongue.png  and I do look forward to building friendships here!

Cheers!

TG

Hi Tri-gal,

Love to hear about someone as fanatical about exercise as me. I am typing this on the stairclimber at my gym right now!! I had to slow up on my running a few years back because of bad knee but I can still manage about 5 miles as long as it is on the dirt and since trail running is my fav anyway it's all good. And the bonus is my small dog can handle that with me as well. I think you get the exercise high no matter what you do to get your heart rate up and I know when I miss a day I am a total grump. Nice to meet you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see everyones getting along with no hard feelings, Life really is to Short. /default_smile.png

I love this forum everyone is so helpfull and there is a lot of information I have been looking for a forum like this for a long time and I am happy to be here

Hey, there is an intro thread, but I realize there's not always responses, I cant get to em all , been shut down personally, all others are way to busy to respond.

Good Luck

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back