How long Suboxone blocks other PK's based on dose

Gonzhilla

I searched pretty hard for a thread about this and didn't exactly find what I was looking for. My question is this:

Based on your experience, how long have you found you have to wait after your last dose of Bup before you can feel other 0pies?

For example, "I took X mg of subs, waited 12 hours before taking X mg of 0×¥ and felt it, but only about 30% as much as I normally would."

I'm just interested in other people's experiences with this. I have read that at doses of 4mg and above your receptors are fully saturated therefore completely blocking most 0pies (with some exceptions) for 36-72 hours. But at low doses (<2mg) the blocking effect may only last for 8 hours or other PKs taken even sooner than that may bind to the few receptors that might still be open.

Just looking for experiences out of curiosity mostly. And I realize that all this varies from person to person based on a million factors (being opiate naive, tolerance level, length of time on bupe, etc.)

Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't base it off milligrams really as even low dose bupe will still block for a long time.  No matter if it was 2mg or 8 mg, I believe you have to give yourself a good 72 hours to fully feel opies  again.    Again this is based off years of personal experience being prescribed Bupe.

I don't feel any blockage at all most of the time, but as a long-time user, I don't feel any "high" either.  I would have to take a lot to have that.   I have cravings if I take only one or the other and do not have cravings if I have both, so I know there's different receptors I'd like to keep filled.  I keep them all on low dose and see-saw the doses and only am on bupe the week I go to the doc.  So bupe in the a.m.,  4 mg, some other opiate in the p.m. or late afternoon works for me, and yes, I do feel it.  The bupe does help pain, but if pain is really bad, I need to supplement it.  Sometimes I take the other 4 mg bupe in the middle of the night if pain wakes up.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Gonzhilla that is a great question worded perfectly . I also had the same curiosity 😊What others thought .

of the sparse times I have needed to use it it seemed 24 hours or so . But up to 48 for 100% feeling . I need to stay on the sub longer this time so I am tempering with this as well .

I am on espranor which is bupe and I can't wait 5 days just to feel some crap off the street but when I have tried and kept going with more and more made no difference

I don't feel any blockage at all most of the time, but as a long-time user, I don't feel any "high" either.  I would have to take a lot to have that.   I have cravings if I take only one or the other and do not have cravings if I have both, so I know there's different receptors I'd like to keep filled.  I keep them all on low dose and see-saw the doses and only am on bupe the week I go to the doc.  So bupe in the a.m.,  4 mg, some other opiate in the p.m. or late afternoon works for me, and yes, I do feel it.  The bupe does help pain, but if pain is really bad, I need to supplement it.  Sometimes I take the other 4 mg bupe in the middle of the night if pain wakes up.  
I find this interesting. Yes if you have only 25% of your opioid receptors plugged with bupe you technically should be able to feel other opiates but with a lot of experience with Methadone and feeling other opiates I know it’s not easy and subs bind even tighter than Methadone to your receptors. What does of what opioid/opiate do you use to significantly feel effects on 4mg of subutex?

Also with bupe itself being both an agonist and antagonist on your receptors I really am curious what dose and what drug you normally use. As even skipping my Methadone for 3-4 days I can’t feel what is normally a medium dose of anything the only opioid that is an exception is Fent I’m talking pharmaceutical Fent products and I can feel them only bc the bind tighter than Methadone to your receptors but still not as tight as bupe.

After thinking of this thread and experimenting, when I am switching over to vics, I take smaller and smaller pieces of subs in the a.m. and when start yawning and sweating, end on a quarter of sub and one vik and take them at once and then slowly up  the vic and down the subs (I might need them later).  Don't waste too many vics at this time.  you will not be able to feel full effects.  Don't bother trying with the 0 x.  Waste of 0 x.

This is a very complicated issue. The biggest factor is how long you have been taking it at a certain dose. Once the bupe hits peak  plasma levels and maximum occupation of your opiate receptors the long half life really screws you in terms of being able to use other opiates. This isn’t always the case though. If you’ve only been taking Suboxone for three months you could probably get high on something else after just 24 hours

. I’ve been on it pretty much steadily since 2002 at 8-16 mg/day with only a couple six-month breaks and it would be a week before I could feel even the strongest opiate

I wish the sub filled my receptors all the way and that was all I had to take,  but I still have withdrawal even on 16 per day.  No, I don't get high from anything else.  I am way past that, but do feel much more normal and energetic on both.  I am glad the bupe has been working for you for so long.

Does anyone know or think taking subbie it's been awhile over ten on bupe does it block benzos from working?????

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back