How to donate (or buy Bitcoin from in general) in 2021

DJR123

Don't know about anyone else but I have been having trouble trying to buy Bitcoin since May 2021 (when I lost my cell; along with my email password and old cell phone number...whoops.) Now that I can't get cash app to accept my current ID and can't get Coinbase to work, and localbitcoin don't serve Americans....where the fuck can I buy Bitcoin? Please help. Ty 

@DJR123  LocalBitcoins still works in the US.  Its KYC but still works.  You can also use any number of other KYC apps/site like the crypto.com app or similar, or exchanges like Kraken or Binance.  Alternatively if you prefer non-kyc you can use LocalMonero and then convert to bitcoin with the CakeWallet app or similar, or just use Bisq.  Learning curves on Bisq.  Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, trying to donate to the forum. Have created my wallet with Blockchain.com and identity validated, can I purchase bitcoin from Blockchain and send it to the forum.

Very difficult to understand as I am in United Kingdom and am paying with Great british pounds but need to send USD

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks all

@gc1967  It is highly recommended to never send funds direct from exchange to here or vendor.   You will want to get a non-exchange wallet like Wasabi or Electrum on desktops or Blue wallet or similar for mobile.  You will send the btc first to that wallet, then to here.   So if you download say the blue wallet on your phone, you will open the app, select the add now button to create a new wallet, then select bitcoin, then select the native segwit and then create.  Now you have a wallet.  Now click the wallet and then the receive button at bottom and a long string of characters will pop up plus a qr code.  Just copy that long string of characters (which is your receiving address, and each wallet is able to make as many of these as you want) and paste that wherever you need to add an address to send to on blockchain.com.   After the transaction is confirmed you will then be able to send the money from your blue wallet by pressing send and pasting the address from here.  In blue wallet you can change what currency it shows, so you can just switch it to us dollars for this transaction or just check current conversion.  Or if you use another wallet, just follow the directions given on their site.  It's basically the same thing everywhere, tho some wallets don't give you transaction fee options and you have to manually input them which is tricky for people new to crypto. 

I also would recommend first looking to see what that exchanges fees are.  A lot of exchanges charge exorbitant fees to withdrawal your btc (outside of the normal transaction fee), so you will want to make each sent transaction worth it, and not just buy tiny bits and send them in segments if that makes sense.  

Hope this helps and good luck!

So confused - downloaded blue wallet from app store - can I not just buy bitcoin from there and send to dbg

Why if I have blue wallet - why do I need blockchain as well

many thanks for your help

@gc1967 Sorry, i thought you already had money in blockchain.com or something.  Yes, you can just use blue, but you will still need to transfer to a different wallet address prior to sending here.  A lot of people just do that in app, so just make another wallet in blue and send to that first.  Basically sending money to a different address first helps in case dbg's very publicly posted btc address gets flagged and reported.   A lot of exchanges will ban you if you do anything remotely suspicious. 

I have a verified Blockchain account - id verified

So I make a wallet with blue wallet app and then do I buy bitcoin on blue wallet app and then transfer it to blockchain wallet and then transfer from blockchain to dbg address

Thank you for all your help 

@gc1967 No, you never want to send direct to vendor or here from an actual exchange.  Blue wallet isnt an exchange it just partners with them so some people feel theres a bit more leeway there, and so will purchase the btc on blue with one wallet and then send to another wallet on blue.  you can make as many wallets as you want in the blue app.  Or, you could purchase the btc on blue and then transfer to a wallet on another app entirely.  For instance, Blockstream green on phones or wasabi on laptops/desktops.  I know it sounds complicated, but the idea is just to move the money away from the wallet that directly purchased the funds and therefore is directly tied to your ID info.  Its not actually anonymous, but its just one step away from direct culpability in the eyes of an exchange.  A lot of people to make more than one wallet hop, or will exchange for monero and then back to btc.  Hope some of this makes sense, and apologies if confusing. 

@hillbillie Not sure what you mean by rate, but like every other exchange they partner with some sort of chain analysis company that will flag addresses associated with anything they think is undesirable, and they will permanently close you account and not tell you why.  Highly recommended to move the btc to an external wallet (or double hop) prior to using for anything potentially "illicit".  As far as usability it's a very easy app to use.

So buy the bitcoin with blue wallet and move it to another wallet in blue wallet and then move it into a blockstream green wallet and send it from that wallet to dbg ?

Thank you so much for all of your help

Buying the btc within a blue wallet and then sending to a green wallet would be the basic way.  Some people feel safer doing multiple hops so then yes going from one blue to another blue to green would be a way to do that.  Remember you will lose a small bit in transaction fees each time so plan ahead for that. 

Ok , just don’t send $ from a exchange your invested in, to a vendor lol . 

@hillbillie  Yes basically.  I know quite a number of people who are permanently banned from Coinbase as well as Cashapp and others because they sent direct to a btc address that was flagged.  So it doesn't really matter if you are invested in the exchange, just if you want to keep using it to acquire crypto. 

Hello me again sorry, to make a donation of $25 usd, using fist blue wallet and then transferring to green wallet and then sending to dbg, how much bitcoin would I need roughly to purchase to start with to allow for fees, $40 usd ?

When I send donation do I put my username so you know it was me who donated

once again many thanks for all your help

@gc1967 It shouldn't cost more than a dollar per transfer, likely much much less for those amounts.  But it's better to be safe than sorry and whatever funds are left over can just be used in the future, so you may as well go for 40.  Oh and also, I'm not sure how much the blue wallet exchange takes for their fee, so 40 would definitely be safer.  Again though, each transaction fee will be very small so you should have leftovers.  And no, the "notes" section in wallets is for your own recording purposes, they aren't transmitted on the blockchain.  You will just post in the "post here after donating" thread, or use the Contact Us button at the bottom of any page to let the Admin know you donated.  Good luck!

One last question - when I transfer the donation to dbg - how do they know it’s from me ?

Thanks again

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  2. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  3. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  5. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  6. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  7. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  9. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  10. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  11. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  12. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  13. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  14. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  16. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  17. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
  18. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: What’s the most important drum machine/kit to have changed music and why? I think maybe SP-12 or the 1200, but kinda want to say drumulator or Rhythm Maker King 2 gave us some classic shit.
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @DocPep yes. just use temp.pm or snote
  20. Terrylolol @ Terrylolol: Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Back