I Guess I'll Take The Plunge

pharmboy

Passed by this site a few times in my wanderings.  Looks like a great site.  I used to participate in these type fora from 2001 until shortly after the Ryan Haight Act of 2008.  Anyone remember the NROPs and ROPs?  Things have changed for sure.  I still occasionally use 1 online and 2 email places as I need to.  I am fortunate, now that I am getting a bit older, to have a doctor who will script me what is needed now and then.  I found that keeping a primary doctor over time is a smart thing for many reasons.  I don't have the time to post a lot anymore--taking care of business comes first, it's a rotten economy still.

Anyway, I am glad to have found this place.  I will come back to visit now and then.  Don't know how much I can contribute, but will try when I think it appropriate.  Sadly, the drug war continues, and continues to devastate so many.  I do feel sorry for doctors nowadays.

Keep up the good work.

Hi PB,

Sounds like your Memory Lane has landmarks very similar to some along my own twisting trail! But if you also recall those "helpful" forums that sprang up around the old O P s, stuffed to the gills with misinformation and flaming invective, you'll find this place wonderfully refreshing: civilized adults engaged in interesting conversations, moderated in an even-handed, even-tempered manner. Not only did I find all the information I initially sought (and much more), I've had a lot of fun, too. Didn't see that coming. So even though you're pressed for time, keep reading! It will be well worth your while.

You are indeed lucky to have a primary physician willing to do right by you, even if only occasionally. I too have some sympathy for doctors; the govt. can apply a great deal of pressure, and I'm sure many are frightened. But I can't help wonder what would've happened if, long ago, the medical community had rallied and, as a group, made clear their refusal to practice medicine under any but their own guidelines? Something along the lines of American librarians who refused to turn over patrons' reading lists to various govt. agencies demanding them. I believe that occurred shortly after the Patriot Act (Part 1) was made law. As I recall, the librarians didn't cave, and the govt. backed off -- right? Hmmm -- maybe I better go to the library myself and make sure my facts are straight! To be continued...

Meanwhile -- welcome pharmboy -- great name, BTW!  /default_smile.png

Thanks guys and gals.  Yes, I am fortunate to have a good doctor and PA.  I still try not to ask for too much from them.  But they will script 60 10mg Nordicoes with a refill when I have a flareup and I do not have anything around.  And as I start into my late 30s (JK, actually early 60s) there are other reasons to have a good primary--especially now with all the confusion, I am staying with them.  Up to about 5 or 6 years ago I would just go to the walkin clinics.  I mean my reasons are legit but I still felt like I was "pulling something" on them. 

Sounds like we have been down similar memory lanes blueroan 17.  I was a member of the "big boy" at the time, but didn't post much there.  I mainly participated on, what I would guess was the 2nd largest forum and a couple of others--all long since deceased.  Even took a turn at moderating for about a year or so.  Talk about a thankless job.  But it was interesting too.  Never a dull moment.

Again, thanks to all and be well.

Welcome, nice introduction post! I really hope you will stick arround as I feel you have more to share with us.

MH

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back