I Know This Is Medical, But How About Recreational? Tips For Denver!

Granted, medical legislation is a step in the right direction. It's just utterly fucked its taken this long to get where we are, and in alot of places in NY, you have to be legitimately dying... of some awful, irreversable disease before they decide that they won't throw you in a cage for sacraficing the Sacred Herb to the Fire Gods.

What the fuck though?

Arn't we all dying from life's incurable death sentance? Constantly pushing ourselves to, or being dragged toward the inevitible end, which awaits all things.  

And to think, some people have to wait for thier bodies to fail miserably, and then rely on the government to sort out suppliers/caregivers to get paitients their flowers.

Well, maybe not, if Ray Kurzweil is right - Then we can upload our conciousness' into super computing, artificial, intelligent bots.

Accidents are still possible, but due to the advancements in the 3d printing of human tissue and other various, necesary, body organs, we could essentialy continuously live, at least until we chose we had spent enough time here.  Wow excuse me. I'm digressing.

SO, I'm taking a trip to Denver in a week or two to visit a friend, look at potential work, and catch the arctic monkeys. Should be dope.

Has anyone been to Denver that could give me some insight on what to expect? I know out of state residents can only buy a quarter oz...Personally I'm interested in the wide range of edibles and other ingestable methods.

-Does anyone know how much average price edibles usually are? Anyone have an idea how they regulate out of state buyers when buying edibles? Does anyone know where the best selection / quality of edibles would be?

Is there some sort of comp service in Denver? What stops me from buying an eigth in one store..an eigth in another..an eigth in another - and then bam, I broke the law. I have no intention of buying mass amounts of flowers there anyways, but how do they prevent this from happening?

Denver is aweome man. I'm from the Midwest. I went there for the cannabis cup for a weekend. Everyone at dispensaries are more than helpful and very friendly. You're going to enjoy yourself for sure. Native Roots in downtown Denver has some fire

Edit- edibles range from 10-30 for out of state people and you can buy up to 5-6 depending on the potency of them all. (They add up potency to equal a quarter) I did this and went to a different dispensary to grt flower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver is aweome man. I'm from the Midwest. I went there for the cannabis cup for a weekend. Everyone at dispensaries are more than helpful and very friendly. You're going to enjoy yourself for sure. Native Roots in downtown Denver has some fire

Edit- edibles range from 10-30 for out of state people and you can buy up to 5-6 depending on the potency of them all. (They add up potency to equal a quarter) I did this and went to a different dispensary to grt flower.

Oh I can't wait dude. Cannabis cup, huh? Always seemed like itd be really fun to do, but after youre 4 hits in on some of the best herb, maybe ever created by man..can you really judge anything?

Id like a takehome bag so I can rock a strain a day and make my judgements.

And thats a solid plan you had, although I realized Ill be staying with CO residents who could just buy more.

is there a system set in place, so shops will know if you have already purchased items elsewhere?

Yeah the cup was crazy, dabs for days! No judging after the first couple dabs lol. All cloudy after that.

Nah no system in place that says what you've bought. I went in one to stock up on edibles, then went down the road to stock up on flower. It's pretty much open game out there

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to it so much more.

Let that freedom ring.

Aah I forget sometimes its not just the best flowers and some potent edibles....There's candy and soda pop and gum and breathstrips and hash and tinctures and crumbles galore!

Maybe even oompa loompas?

I can already feel the universe peeling my face off from the inertia of the earth's revolutions as Im sitting atop a mountaneous region and begin astral projecting backwards through space/time to commune with the old Tibetan hash eaters, and yogis.

Oh and do they have weird rules about concentrates there, like just selling fl0wer? Or is it everything?

I don't know about Colorado, but the California dispensaries have it all. Oils, edibles, etc. and if there was a limit on how much you could purchase, we were never rich enough to buy that much.

I would sit outside waiting for my boyfriend and 95% of all the medical patients were 20 to 30 year old guys. Lol they looked pretty healthy to me.

I just went to Denver in September. I went to multiple shops, problem is they absolutely stick it to the tourist with higher than home-state buds. Also they didn't accept my AZ med card ;(.

Licensed patients there pay one sixty for 28 gr@mz. I had one place I remember I went to that was the best of the best. They had twenty doll$r 1/8th of some of the best sh1t i've ever had. If I remember what it's called I will let you know. But stay away from like "Mile-High" they are ridiculous uneducated girls that charge eighty for some garbage. BUT THEIR T-SHIRTS ARE COOL!?!?!? 

Only reason I went there was for my girlfriend. Now ex, bitch. Lol!

Mods, are we able to post a location of a dispensary since it's technically legal in Denver? I found the place and would like to let the OP know its name. If thats ok i can either pm it or post it here in c0d3 /default_biggrin.png 

Mods, are we able to post a location of a dispensary since it's technically legal in Denver? I found the place and would like to let the OP know its name. If thats ok i can either pm it or post it here in c0d3 /default_biggrin.png 
I would rather you pm it, even though it is kind of against the rules....cuz its mj and it is legal,it is a gray area.  

Last edited:
I hope Ohio follows suit, gotta register and vote for it this November.  I don't know what it was like in CO prior to the vote, but there's a good bit of mudslinging going on between those that are for/against it.  The anti-legalization people don't care that there are worse things children could get into (parental negligence is negligence whether it's MJ or Drano) and it's grating to read about or hear.

Update - visited denver on 9/20 - 9/30/16

Out of state rec can now buy up to 28grams of flower @ once. 28grams - rec (bud) $240 - 380 out the door

Out of state rec can now buy up to 28gram of ANY EXTRACT!!!!!!!!!  28grams - rec $540-800usd out the door

hummmmm BHO,c02, extracts........

It still illegal to have more than 28grams of any bud or extract on your person at one time.

I have found much better prices at the shops you dont find on leafly or the other weed finder sites. 

Word of advise for those suffering from MJ laws for appx 40 years.. Pace yourself, dont blow your WAD($$$) all at the first place you stop.  dont let the bud tenders rush you.  Dont take the first bud offered.. Look at the mids and even bottom shelf buds,  many times you will find good or better buds for less$$.

Bring a magnifying glass to really look at crystal content, most vendors will not provide any magnification devices.

Dink

@ mrdinknit will only let me put in @MrDankI am still recreational and I can go to a store and get an ouce of weed or shatter at less then $500 oops sorry they just changed the law a few weeks ago to 8 gram of shatter for $20 a gram and weed from $80.00 to $120 an ounce not as good as @bwillia1 of course then stores will let you come in 5 minimum later and let you buy another ounce. I  have been here for almost two months and I do agree with you that some rec shops are better then others so do your research. Use the apps I like pot locator and a few more I'll comeback and edit.  It I couldn't believe they are so loose with their laws. I swear I have gotten a few ounces in a day. From Green Dragon and NorhernLights mostly in  Wheatfield you acny go down Colfax without seeing  5 shops on every block. Luckily I have access to my sons medical marijuana card and give him the money with my order. And some apps are outdated I went on a mission to find the Holy Grail strain @krunchy mentioned and they show that said they had it and when I went were out of it. And I highly advise bringing a loop with you even the cheap ones do the trick. It took me a few weeks to find some worthwhile shops the first two weeks were disastrous I was buying flowers that basically turned to powder. I'll update to this thread I've been here for almost two months and I'm sure I still have a lot to learn! 

Ok, my state passed medical marijuana last night. What are the next steps for someone like me to be accepted and get my rx card. I'm guessing new doctors will start popping up? All the medical facilities always said they would never recommend medical marijuana to any patients.

Ok, my state passed medical marijuana last night. What are the next steps for someone like me to be accepted and get my rx card. I'm guessing new doctors will start popping up? All the medical facilities always said they would never recommend medical marijuana to any patients.
I still live in a 100% illegal state but I pretty much know the process. It would be helpful to know what state but I could understand not wanting to share. First you have to see what conditions it is approved for, some states it is very lenient (depression, anxiety are valid reasons) while other states you may have to have a terminal illness (cancer, aids, etc.), so first figure out your law. Eventually (and since your state just legalized this should take some time) Medical Marijuana walk in clinics will open up and if your Primary Care Physician will not prescribe it to you, you can try your luck there. I think it costs somewhere between $150-200 for the visit plus another $150-300 to get your card if you are approved. The approval rates on these clinics are very high and some even offer money back if you aren't approved. Good luck out there friend! And while dispensaries may be legal they certainly don't have the best prices. I'd be more excited about being able to legally grow a few plants. 

I still live in a 100% illegal state but I pretty much know the process. It would be helpful to know what state but I could understand not wanting to share. First you have to see what conditions it is approved for, some states it is very lenient (depression, anxiety are valid reasons) while other states you may have to have a terminal illness (cancer, aids, etc.), so first figure out your law. Eventually (and since your state just legalized this should take some time) Medical Marijuana walk in clinics will open up and if your Primary Care Physician will not prescribe it to you, you can try your luck there. I think it costs somewhere between $150-200 for the visit plus another $150-300 to get your card if you are approved. The approval rates on these clinics are very high and some even offer money back if you aren't approved. Good luck out there friend! And while dispensaries may be legal they certainly don't have the best prices. I'd be more excited about being able to legally grow a few plants. 
I guess it is too early yet. Pretty sure it covers chronic pain, cancer and what you mentioned. You can almost guess what state i'm in by my screen name lol...way up north.

I guess it is too early yet. Pretty sure it covers chronic pain, cancer and what you mentioned. You can almost guess what state i'm in by my screen name lol...way up north.
If its in FL then yes only serious medical illnesses such as terminal cancer, ptsd, etc..

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back