I Need This Forum

bluesman008

I'm in pain management.  I'm all broken up from accidents and a brain tumor successfully removed, not to mention all the genetic defects.

I'm quite the player. huh?

I love my country.  I hate my government, which I work for.  There appears no limit to my hypocrisy. /default_tongue.png

I am a bass player; an RnB bass player.

Thanks for being here.

Welcome bluesman. Sound like you had some tragic times in life. Stick around this place can help.

I used to play bass too, Classic and hard rock. Had a SVT and Fender Jazz.

Try and read up on the rules and Don't mention anything by name.

Hey Bluesman, welcome, and Merry Christmas! Just for the record, I see no contradiction in loving your country while being deeply suspicious and wary of your government; that's not hypocrisy, that's intelligent patriotism! 

You've come to a very good place -- as headbanger says, read the rules; then, read everything else! If you think of DBG as a research library (and not a term-paper writing service) you'll find that at least 99.9% of your questions are already answered here; I feel safe in promising you that even though I don't know exactly what your questions might be!  /default_smile.png

And when you demonstrate that you're willing to do your part (reading, reading, and then, a little more reading), you'll find any number of smart, patient, extremely knowledgable folks very willing to give you any help they can. I hope your experience here is as informative & fun as mine has been -- and continues to be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bman, welcome aboard.  I see you have 7 post so I assume you have already been sniffing around.  We both know what assume means so let me try and save you some heartache and online beatings.  Please, please, please read the rules (located on the home page).  Find out beyond question what you can and can't post.  Here are the frequent rules folks seem not to grasp.

Do Not.... type out full names of meds.  Come up with a clever abbreviation.

Do Not.... type locations (physical place) of shippers, shipping locations and shipper names.  Again, there are some clever names in circulation, use them.

Do Not.... type when you have a package being shipped or showing up.  Only do this is you want special delivery by Five Oh.

Lasty... If you find yourself higher than a kite, step away from the computer.  This will help the drunk texting type of phenomena and associated regrets.

If you have any questions, reach out and ask a Mod or Senior member.  It is better to ask then beg for forgiveness.

Happy reading /default_rolleyes.gif

Wonderful!  Thank you all.  Advice: Some I have started on before I posted and something that I didn't see/think of,  before.  Smart way to do things here compared to some of the fetid alleyways I've waded through.

A word to the wise is sufficient.  We'll get along.  Thanks again.

Welcome to the forums. Very nice introduction but sorry for all your problems.

Wishing you to be strong !

I am sure you will fit in just perfect!

MH

LOL Bless your heart.  If I do fit in that well, y'all are a mess. /default_blink.png/default_biggrin.png  I like blues, jazz, classical, habanero (Savena or King Red) peppers, cooking, philosophy and honesty.  I love $, though I'm convinced that money will not buy you ANY class.  I can rock hard, too.  But I'm a soul man first.

HEADBANGER:  Own a 74 Jazz and a POS 5 string Rogue that I rebuilt with Bartolini pups.  It's a beast now.  Play through a Kustom Groove 1000W.  Closest thing to an old Acoustic I ever found.  Put that 2 15" with a horn bottom behind a guitar player and suddenly have no problems getting them to turn down. /default_laugh.png  The old SVTs are near & dear to me, 2 cabs w/ 8 - 10" a piece...run Blue Cheer off the stage.

I'm an old yogi, a bit burnt out, perhaps, nevertheless...my loving wife of almost 30 years once told some female I got caught flirting with, "...big dawg Dad?  He pays the bills, he's seen it all, and he doesn't care what most people think," with a big smile.  "But he's good to me." 

Friends with musicians of all size name & fame, slept with some, fought with some, still weep  for those that left me too early.  I have history.  Lived on the road, pissed away a fortune, sobered up when I was 29, been 30 years since I took a drink.  Live in agony...plumb chatty this morning....ENOUGH.

Strength & wisdom I can use, thank you.

Merry Christmas!  MuchLove. 

Hey man for all you have been through you have still have a positive attitude. Most people would have given up. 

One thing about music it can been a great comfort. I gave up playing a long time ago but still listen all the time.

You hang in there bm008, you beat the drink, you have a wonderful wife and you will always have your music.

Peace.

Nice... bass players. Bass player here too! For about 25 years now. fuuuuck, I dont like how that sounds.

Music Man Sterling. Through a Sansamp Pre to a power amp w/ Eden cabs. Able to get a Rickenbacker sound without a Rick! Big fan of the 70s Rickenbacker bass era.

Next buy will be a straight Fender fretless, J or P... dont matter. Would like an early 70s J like you have Bman, but they are hard and expensive to come by!  And although I have been telling myself a Fender J is the next purchase for years now, I always end up getting some sort of synth instead. (also very into keyboards! Music is by far the most expensive habit, contrary to what others might believe here.)

Hang in there, nice to meet a fellow, and other fellow musicians.

Hey HB how r u? B-Man, your on a board that people help, not hurt our Mods & Admins see to that. Many of us have been screwed by the med. system to the point of not going, or only to 1 or 2 select very hard to find M.D.'s that don't just see You as a $ sign...Opiated

Opie, I'm alive and well, still here reading and writing and hoping I can help some felloe human beings. thx for asking.

Welcome Bluesman008.  Think you will find this not to be your average board.  This place is a blessing as you may already have started to see.  JM points if followed will bring you everything you need man.  Happy hunting.  S-

I just went through the What do you think they look like thread and can only tell you that I ....uh no better not. Ahem...Yeah that J bass, Barada, is worth more than my car....shit phone ringing.

25 years playing? no fear!  Got twice that...still suck.

I just went through the What do you think they look like thread and can only tell you that I ....uh no better not. Ahem...Yeah that J bass, Barada, is worth more than my car....shit phone ringing.

25 years playing? no fear!  Got twice that...still suck.
Ah yes with Chrome, it works perfectly

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back