In A Blue Funk

Maybesomeday

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah
Do you ever find yourself in a funk? Nothing's quite wrong, but nothing's quite right either?

I'm feeling it. It feels icky. I wish I could snap out of it.

How do you deal? Help me out, y'all!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22089884/prescriptioncocktail.mp3

Roit then lass. Didn't care much for that, I'll try another, same group

Last edited by a moderator:
What I do is I call my desk phone number with my cell phone and leave them connected and the other room and I take the rest of the day off, have an extra bit of my favorite bean and hit the couch with my ass and a bong and a few strains of MJ and a nice cold root beer and watch a movie.

Some things that help me:

-Exercise. Lets out frustration, feel stronger, feel more healthy.

-Being outside. Whether it be a walk, hike, bike ride, or just sitting in the sun and reflecting. Being in nature helps my mood lift.

-Surround yourself with GOOD friends and family. A little outside positive energy can go a long way.

-Being outside. Whether it be a walk, hike, bike ride, or just sitting in the sun and reflecting. Being in nature helps my mood lift.

-Surround yourself with GOOD friends and family. A little outside positive energy can go a long way.
Excellent advice! I hear that Soldier's Cohibas Dustados work wonders on the old mood as well, and then there's always hanging out with a Wookie of your choice, LOL. Never a dull moment when you're in the company of a 7 foot tall walking roll of shag carpet, so there's no time for the blues!

I agree 100%.

What's funny is I deleted a semi rant from my post above before i posted it about wishing I could go outside in the sun and be active as that works well for me, but that where I live there is very little sun and constant cloud cover and darkness and rain so that's not an option except from late July to mid September. On a sunny day I feel like a different person instantly, most of the year I feel dead inside from the constant grey and low clouds and no sun. But to get frustrated didn't work and I found my only other option was to just give in and enjoy the ride the chemicals provide since the sun is not an option.

I tried pushing thru the deadness and making myself excersize a lot, I do walk about 15 miles per week anyway, but I found it was nuts to spend all my time fighting evey day to do all sorts of crap just to keep active and feel ok, it was nuts. I want to feel ok and awake on any given day without having to fight for it all the time and with no sun that isnt an option for me right now. The job market and MMJ is the only good thing about the area I am in, the rest of this place sucks.

Ahhhh, got my rant out.

I guess this says I have a lot of couch days.

Out of greens buit this deservs 1. Music usually helps me out of most funks but I think that in this case, your advise is better. Not too many things better than being in nature

Hooter, I gave Heisenberg a + for ya since I have a few extra.

Where i used to live I could drive 20 miles to get to and go out in the woods (state forrest) to take a break and walk my dog, I could feel the stress melting away and tight back and shoulder muscles relaxing once I got in far enough in that the chances of having someone come by and disturb my peace was very small.

Was very glad to have that option.

Do you ever find yourself in a funk? Nothing's quite wrong, but nothing's quite right either?

I'm feeling it. It feels icky. I wish I could snap out of it.

How do you deal? Help me out, y'all!
Hey Maybe!

It all depends...why are you in the funk? Is it a relationship? or lack of one? Job? tell us a bit more. Sometimes the best way to deal with this kinda thing is to get to the root....if not it will show up another day.

I hope you feel better soon!

Excellent advice! I hear that Soldier's Cohibas Dustados work wonders on the old mood as well, and then there's always hanging out with a Wookie of your choice, LOL. Never a dull moment when you're in the company of a 7 foot tall walking roll of shag carpet, so there's no time for the blues!
That's for SURE......When I heard the word Shag this came to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-IOzx3WJtkU

That's for SURE......When I heard the word Shag this came to me...
Well, ironically enough, I was going to add "shagging" to my list of blues cures, but didn't want to appear ungentlemanly. However, now that you mention it, LOL.....

Reactions: _X_
I think I've always found solace in books. Even when my life seems at it's worst, I have always found myself able to lose myself in characters or ideas.

Of course, then you have the problem of wishing you lived in a fictional universe or had the ability to go back in time to witness certain historical epochs or figures or ideas evolving. But that just leads you on to the next book about the period or (if you're lucky) in the series.

Maybe masterbation.  Yall dont jump all over this I'm actually serious. a hundred kind of endorphins, a huge stress reliever etc.  X has the balls to talk about the personal shit. Just another idea. We're trying here girl

Thanks, y'all. I think it's a combo of several things that have happened this year, and my reflection of them as my birthday gets closer.

I took the day off today and got some good sleep, which I really needed. I think that helped a bunch.

Tomorrow I'm going to spend some time in nature - I usually love this time of year.

Shagging, or as I like to call it, Smashing, would be awesome. But I'm torn about whether or not I'd be OK with it given my current marital situation. Some days I think I'd be just fine with it, other times I feel certain I'd feel guilty.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I just needed to get it off my chest and didn't really want to involve anyone I know IRL. For a bunch of strangers, y'all rock.

Thanks for giving me things to think about and laugh about. I appreciate it more than I can say.

watch any documentary that takes place in a 3rd world country, you might not feel as good about the world but  you will feel better about your life

I'm a up and down kind of guy. I've always been like that since a child. Some days I'm literally on top of the world and when I am I'm great to be around, other days, I'm in my blue funk, no particular reason, just happens like the NC weather, if you don't like it, give it 15 minutes it will change. Sometimes I think it's the aches and pains of the physical body but then again sometimes, it the mental stuff we put ourselves through. I find a couple of things theraputic, one, a nice morning in my swing outside, drinking my favorite coffee, watching the sun rise and listenting to the birds. At other times I like to push myself physcially an at 55 little harder to do than when I was 35 but I still do pretty well. Sometimes it's music, just listenting to some good tunes, however, one of my favorites is to load my kayak, find a nice quiet river, or lake, get in paddle awhile, float awhile, and enjoy what I see, nature has a way of letting it all slip away when you don't disturb it! My piece today...now time to ruin it and get ready for work, another four letter word! Have a great day.

That sounds very relaxing and nice just reading it.

I suspect the further from cities and crowds/people that you can get, the better you feel. At least that works for me.

Especially being able to be far enough away from roads and highways so you can hear the birds and nature and let your mind drift.

Time does wonders, too. I don't always know what gets me so down, but I do pretty much always know it will pass given enough time.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back