In A Blue Funk

Time is a great healer! No doubt about it but when I have a lot of time to think I think of the good and the bad, the good being all the fun with friends I've had, great memories, great times, and laugher. The bad, well some of the friends aren't with me anymore, my parents aren't with me anymore, those memories to a degree bring me down. However, I realize it's the six inches between my two ear that give me most of the problems. I just find different things give me relief and I'm not talking about chemical relief although it has helped on some occasions. Activity and adventure keep me going, I tell my friends, I'll have enough time to rest when I die, right now I want to use all the time I can to do the things I want to do. The other thing is to surround yourself with upbeat people, yes they can get on my nerves but the won't let me stay down long. Then last but not least I always count the blessings in my life, my wife, my children, my friends, my church, my health, and so on. Then I look around and lo and behold there are plenty of people that are a lot worse off than me and that brings home the realization that maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't be in that funk after all! Have a great day!

Moods are funny though, today me and my neighbor were sitting around drinking a beer, I'd had a light pipe hit, discussing politics, taxes, you name it. Most of it how we think or see things could be better. Not sure we solved any problems, sure didn't come up with a way to make things better but just the talk made us feel better! My neighbors and other friends are helping me replace my back deck tomorrow, should be physically taxing enough not to worry about other things! Have a great day!

Well if they are helping you replace your deck I sure hope you have plenty of cold beers and pre-rolled doobies (for efficency to not slow the job) for those who help /default_smile.png.

For me physical work like that or yard work and even not so strenuous car work clears my brain of worry and the things I normally stress over. Like I get tunnel vision in my thoughts and only focus on the tasks I am doing.

Exercise, surround yourself with positive people, and go buy something. Ok, I just tossed in the third suggestion. I don't want to see anyone in a funk 30 days later when cc bill is due.

Get out of the house & be with other people.  Meet a friend for lunch, go spend time with your family etc;.  Just don't be alone.  (oh, I did forget to add the word POSITIVE in front of the word people)....

I have major depression. I take anti depressants which have worked beautifully for me. But I still have times where the blue funk appears. I've found that walking the fields & woods around my house helps greatly. I also am a gardener. I have a large flower garden where I grow lots of beautiful plants. Working among such beauty makes it hard to remain in a blue funk for very long. Plus all the physical work gets those feel good endorphins working. So, when I find myself feeling down I usually go outside & work in the garden. Pulling weeds & the satisfaction I get from seeing the garden all cleaned up is better for me than just about anything. And I can't forget about music too. Sometimes rather than listening to the outdoors sounds when I'm in the garden, I listen to music. Gardening & good music will take the bad feelings away too.

@Binky I used to love to garden.  Now because of my physical limitations I am not able to do so.  Still, I crave the idea of growing, living, blossoming things under my care.  Sometimes I think I should have my husband setup my bakers racks again so I can fill them with potted herbs and plants -- that way I wouldn't have to hunch down, etc.

Gardening is amazing therapy for me too! I am really depressed these days so I have a shitload of fresh veggies!

Not that meds are the only option, but some people suffer from Seasonal Disorder. Some people get tremendous relief from using Wellbutrin for 3 or 4 months. Others react differently to that med, and it aggravates the symptoms even more. Such a battle, I know.

@Binky I used to love to garden.  Now because of my physical limitations I am not able to do so.  Still, I crave the idea of growing, living, blossoming things under my care.  Sometimes I think I should have my husband setup my bakers racks again so I can fill them with potted herbs and plants -- that way I wouldn't have to hunch down, etc.
Hello Shayna. Your idea of having your husband set it up for you so that you don't have to bend & hunch down, is a fantastic idea. I also grow lots of flowers & herbs in containers & it gives me a lot of pleasure. Your husband could fill the containers with soil for you & all you would have to do is to plant the plants. You could do that sitting down. As well as the weeding & watering. I think it would be good for you to do since you love to garden. Your idea of the bakers racks is a good one. You can grow anything in containers. I even grow miniature roses in half barrels. I hope that once you're feeling up to it that you will consider doing what you used to love doing.

I really think doing the things you enjoy is the best way to fight depression. I got really depressed when I couldn't get out of the house. Gardening is wonderful therapy that is sure to make you feel better. Visiting public or botanical gardens is very soothing as well.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back