Intro to bitcoin and wallets walkthrough

Darn, I was hoping for a solution for you.  I never had to try that myself but have gotten ripped off a couple of times and I was never sure if it was the vendor saying they were ripped off or if both the vendor and I were ripped off.   So sad as I know how that feels.  Yucchy!!  Unfortuantely my bitcoin company has been jerks lately despite me doing everything they've asked and I need a new one.  If I find a good one, I'll let you know and PM you my wallet company.  They have been good.  Can have one without the other one though.  Not looking forward to going through the long drawn out process of getting a new company, though. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I just sent off my first send to a vendor late last night 11:30 PM.    Did it with the Coinbase to Blockchain method and one more hop out of Blockchain to the vendor.   Selected the regular network fee.  It is now 13 hours later and it hasn't confirmed yet.   Vendor asked for a screenshot so I emailed transaction record-unexpanded from Blockchain.

Do I need to be worried about the confirmation situation? (Probably not, but I am really new to crypto)--a bit worried that they messed up on their end somehow.

Is there any way to speed the confirmation  up?  Weird since the amount sent this time  was for a bit more than the transfer for a donation to this forum.  

I've done a few other test transactions to teach myself between Coinbase/Bitcoin/Electrum and all went pretty  smoothly and quickly but this one just seems to be stuck on Confirmation...kind of like what you get when you are tracking a package and you see  "inbound customs" etc.....I know its nothing like that but that's the feeling I'm getting.  BTW thinking now my self tutorial/experiments might not have been such a good idea..since I got killed on fees (ouch). and spennding a bit more than I wanted to. TIA

Hi! Thanks for all the explanation. Maybe I did this wrong but I made a blockchain wallet and bought $150 worth of bitcoin (directly from the blockchain site) which was then put into my "trading wallet"

I then tried to transfer this to my regular wallet and it keeps saying I have insufficient funds no matter how much I try to transfer. Since I can't send bitcoin from the trading wallet, this is useless now as far as I can tell.

So then I realized I can buy and send bitcoin from cash app. I bought another $150 but I can't send it without a photo id. I don't have a valid photo id right now so that seems useless as well.

I guess my question is, how can I buy bitcoin that I can send without having a photo id?

Or if anyone has any insight on the trading wallet/transfer/insufficient funds sitch, I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

@katkatchabreakthere isn't some type of holding period on this trading wallet is there? I was asking because when I buy from Coinbase half the funds are available immediately and I have to wait 6 days for the other half.

Don't know what good a trading wallet is if you can't trade with it.

@2earls thanks for the response. It was a 3 day holding period although if half had been available right away, that would've been super helpful! Might look at a different site for my wallet.

Been having same issues. Plus CoinB just literally said, "successfully funded my amount" on their site and when I tried to transfer (always triple checking the addy) as I always have, CB took the entire amount I purchased, then said, I had to talk to my bank, then my bank told me I had to talk to CB, CB wrote me back that it would be up to 90 days to check it out. I'm effin' done. I've tried everything. I want to go back to the 70s and 80s. So much easier then to attain vitamins with no probs. Democracy is a joke in US these days. Also found out PP started letting customers buy but not sell/trade or transfer to wallets? WTF is that? I'll just go back to drinking a 12 pack and a couple one a day silver centrum for my old ass, sure isn't worth it and I'm super pissed off that I just lost $ and can't do shlt about it. I wish I had the money to sue large companies who think they can just steal from whoever they want to and get away with it and they do. Thanks for this thread. Makes me feel... not so stupid and that it's happening to others lately as well. Take care. I don't post much, hope it's ok to respond on this issue here. If not, feel free to delete it. I am not too good with forum policies, so I dont usually ever say much. God bless ya'll. Stay safe in this COVID ridden world.  Always an awesome site, helpful to me and my issues. Have a good 2021 and beyond. 

Is the security rigamarole necessary (a password manager and worrying about SIM swapping...and ok, I do use 2-factor authentication, but I use that on everything) if you simply don't keep any coin in your Coinbase or personal wallet? I only buy the amount I'm going to spend and I transfer it immediately when it becomes available. Do I really need anything more than 2-factor authentication?
Bro, as somebody who has made a LOT of money by just having BTC sitting there, I HIGHLY recommend you let some BTC just sit for a while. Say...a few years.

And btw...your tax obligations are NOTHING. Nada. Zilch. The IRS is trying to say that BTC is a security, because currency exchanges are non-taxable. BTC is not a security. It is a currency. It is a currency of the people, designed by the people, for the people. They are an outside institution that has no hand in Bitcoin and no right to classify what it is. Their classification of BTC as a security is a lie that they're telling to justify trying to take your money. Don't report your BTC earnings and don't do any transactions 10K or above--that's the line where Coinbase has to report your earnings to the IRS.
I'm not encouraging you to break the law. I'm just encouraging you not to take it up the @$% from an organization that does not serve the people.

I set up a wallet and purchased btc that was then transferred to my wallet and used to make my donation here do all is well

now I have found a reputable vendor and decided on a donation amount. They gave me their wallet information and I sent them my btc.  
What do I send them to insure they are aware that this was my donation?

-do I share my wallet address to confirm?  
-do I share a screenshot?

- do I share the transaction address?

I only saw afterward that I can add a message 

thanks for the help I’m nervous but looking forward to a successful donation 

@Phuoko Adding a message doesnt actually send the message to them, it just is like a message to yourself about the transaction.  What i do is tell the vendor the Transaction ID (TxID) and the exact btc amount.  The TxID can can searched on the blockchain and is undeniable proof of exhange.  Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ToddM If you have the option, use Cash app to purchase BTC, then transfer to non-KYC exchange such as KuCoin. You can also work directly from KuCoin (they have different options to get fiat on the platform.) From there, you can continue on with BTC or trade it for another coin (like privacycoin XMR) before proceeding with transaction. Always buy more than you need. If you're worried about volatility, exchange unused portion of BTC for a stablecoin like USDT or USDC.

IM curious how does the receiver of bit coin know who sent it,  say a site wanted you to send bit coin to gain access and you send it anonymously through electrum cold wallet how does it know to give access to that persons account through the site. hopefully this makes sense and i dont sound to dumb 

IM curious how does the receiver of bit coin know who sent it,  say a site wanted you to send bit coin to gain access and you send it anonymously through electrum cold wallet how does it know to give access to that persons account through the site. hopefully this makes sense and i dont sound to dumb 
Transaction ID can be plugged in on block explorer and details of transaction seen. If you said you sent it and have the transaction ID, they can find it. In Electrum, you can right-click on any trx and get/copy the trx ID or view it on block explorer.

@droppin23 

4. Issues with coinbase and general do-not’s

Coinbase is highly regulated and can at any time restrict or suspend/close your account if they feel what you are doing is against their terms of service, or the law. This can obviously cause some issues with a lot of things. Coinbase also has your bitcoin address tied to your identity, which is realistically not a problem for most people, but it is something to remember. I do not recommend sending funds directly from Coinbase for ANY purchase.

so suggestions on alternatives!? 

much appreciated 

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: We been rocking kinda hard since the day we begun, yo ready-c man, play Sanford and son....
  2. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: "Well his name is ready-c and im tellin u, he can play the beat forwards a d backwards too...
  3. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: @LatsDoodis maaan funk d.a.t!
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: maybe
  5. rosetrip33 @ rosetrip33: Hey anyone there
  6. LatsDoodis @ LatsDoodis: @Dr-Octagon “I got a hoe named reel to reel, she got a buddy named SP12 now you know the deal… Mo’ money, mo’ money for the bank roll / Stick to the script, don’t slip in the ’94”
  7. xenxra @ xenxra: or i guess you could just DM them on here
  8. xenxra @ xenxra: @robert1975 prob just shoot admin a msg with contact button at bottom of site
  9. rockychoc @ rockychoc: @xnxra hahahaha
  10. R @ robert1975: @xenxra my username man.... my handle, username.
  11. xenxra @ xenxra: what kind of handle? there are several types of interior and exterior door handles such as pull-out handles, push-down handles, pull-up handles, trigger handles, and touch handles.
  12. R @ robert1975: Can anyone tell me how I change my handle?
  13. C @ Cruzing: Hey guys whats up?
  14. P @ peanut: Good weekend to all. Enjoy the rest of summer.
  15. BobbyDigi33 @ BobbyDigi33: Just a friendly reminder, gratitude is literally a super power we all have at our disposal. It's the antidote to depression, anger, envy, lust and other low vibratory states. Have a nice weekend and be grateful today!
  16. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: ✌️
  17. QuantumMatrix @ QuantumMatrix: 💀
  18. CnC5 @ CnC5: Lmao 🤣
  19. Z @ zzaps94: Hey guys sorry I misunderstood what does shoutbox was, Hope you guys are all having a great day out there
  20. Dr-Octagon @ Dr-Octagon: The roland 808. Or the hamond b-3 organ
Back