Is it just me, or are WU and MG getting hard to use?

I hope that is not the case......Communication has been stellar so far!

I just felt really weird doing it in the location I was in.....So much Exposure and 

I know a lot of people in my quaint little town.....Believe it or not I am not too terribly worried 

though...

You should not care too much what other people think....everybody is busy with his own shit :-)

Moneygram has been getting better. (at least in my neck of the woods) They have gone away from the famous "red phone", and transactions are easily done at the customer service counter. If you have ever had to talk on the red phone, you will know what I mean...I spent 5 minutes doing a transaction, versus the usually 20 minutes..

Go in person.  Over the phone you have to give too much information.  Pay cash, in person, take some measures to protect yourself.  Also, people don't ask questions when you do it in person.

Old thread but wanted to chime in

Pay in person always and if it's sy I go to a hispanic area  / no biggie

But a few years ago I was flagged by MG, why? Because I was sending large sums per month and it was not right with them.  I took a break and now send small amounts and sometimes I'm asked by the teller if I've sent to this person before, I answer honestly "nope" and go about fiddling with my stacks of papers and shit to look like I'm on a business thing. That's my way.  

WU didn't flag me but there was about a year where sy had issues with their part being flagged.  

PS: I've not seen red phones in forever here!  And after I do what I do at MG (it's not wal-mart), I hang around with my business stuff and stocking up on " send money" papers.  I fill those things out in advance so it's quick and I dress professional lol.  All paranoia induced but usually it's women tellers and they'll find something I'm wearing I like I recommend and tell where it's cheaper.

Just don't do this online - they will almost always call you and NOTHIN6 you say makes a difference.  They are seeking a tone (do you sound like you're from that region? Can you pronounce their names properly?)

I quit using both a long time ago.  Every location near me looks at the form and asks for an ID.  Nope. I was flagged for using both online as well.  Don't do that.

It's so strange they are complicating the things though their aim is to get more clients....Very inconsequent approach...

They turned me down for a payment over the phone, the guy was a smug asshole about it too. What the fuq are they being monitored for fraud or laundering? Couldnt believe it it was like mcdonalds turning down someone looking a big mac i was furious and said why cant you do it you smug get and he said it sounds too out of the ordinary, should be none of their efffin business dont they take a commission? Must have had shit from LE before. So my motto is they can lick the back of them if its a relative travelling abroad and is totally stuck ill do a bank transfer, failing that wu/mg are a piece of shit and is usually a red flag for a fraudulent vendor. I could be totallly  wrong but from what ive read it has been in the past.

Last edited:
See I've not had issues (yet) - but had issues years ago.  I swear like clockwork; I'd go to MG at wallyworld and do my part, leave and within an hour get a call asking questions and than stating to pick up my funds as it's denied.  I'd go to WU and no issues.  Drove me insane.  I might have found some reasons behind it and I really believe often times it's with the teller you're handing the paper and cash to.  I do not and have not been asked for an ID anytime it's gone through with either operation. I do not use Wallyworld at all (there's maybe 2 in my city), I use CE's instead. For safety I feel it's best I don't say too much out in the open though and I apologize for that, it defeats the purpose of posting.

Send small orders, frequency has yet to be an issue for me.  I'm rather frequent to say the least. I send to one place period. I bring up the teller part because my teller has asked me "Have you sent to this person before?", as she's entering the MG info into the computer. It's all she asks, unless I misspell a name and she tells me to double check because she doesn't think I'm spelling it right (she's always correct lol). Which that saves me a HUGE headache later. Again, reasons why I feel it may a bit part the teller and not always "flagging".

Do people get flagged? OF COURSE.  Usually it's for X amount of days 7-365, normally a few weeks.  there's also a limit per month on what you CAN send to certain places.  I have been told by Mg the limit to the country I send to is 2k per month, anything over that is flagged and you cannot send.  Here's where they get you: I had an order years ago where I sent it, receiver was flagged and I had to show my ID (standard) to pick up my funds per refund.  I went the next day to send to a new receiver and because they COUNT refunds towards this 2k, I couldn't send again for 30 days.  Both refunds & sending apparently go towards this limit.

I hope there's some info in here to use - sorry for the rambling! Too much coffee today

I had to deal with MG on the phone, because I didn't know it was such a hassle to do it online. They said it was because it was my first time. I barely understood his English. After so many questions, I started losing my temper and finally asked the guy if he was going to do the transfer or not and told him he was wasting time I didn't have for this nonsense. So many questions. I got fed up and told him either do it or refund it, I'm busy. 

So then he says they would do the transfer. Status showed ready for pick up. Cool. Wait, nope. MG on their end wasn't letting them pick up. I call, say wtf guy. They say idk it's ready.. tell them go somewhere else. 

Really? How can a business be this incompetent? Do it, or don't.. but don't give me the run around. And I don't like how much they knew about me considering I've never wired funds before.. at all. I'm thinking about just canceling/refunding and buying bitcoin. 

It's going on a week and the confusion, to the best of my knowledge, is not cleared up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how they know about you:

There's a website that higher up's (Gov have access to and build) that sell memberships to collection agencies, debt collectors and then there's also a version similar for "look-ups" and then for medical.  I'm trying to explain this after a night of severe pain so bear with me here:

Ever wonder how debt collectors find your mother's # or your old cell? Or why you get letters from a 4$ debt from 98' to your current address? Everything is listed - they just need your full name or whatever you originally gave. Each time you add more info about yourself online for Credit / the pharmacies like Cvs or walgreens (for their cards) or even amazon prime, it ALL goes into a database.

I can put your name (just first) and your phone #, within seconds I have every address, your social, your parents and even your damn library books still checked out lol.  MG and WU work with the big guys to cut down on fraud, so they have the FULL MONTY of your info without you telling them. 

Now, they can only access that shit by asking their "team leader" aka manager or being told to.  Also if they called you then they've already looked at it

When I first learned about this certain website I was working as a debt collector (I wrote a LOT off - I was a nice one) for Sallie Mae.  Trust me, we looked up celebs and stupid stuff constantly - we had zero limits.  Now they limit what you look-up (due to privacy laws) but if they think you may be committing a crime, they've looked at everything with no limitations and it's noted on your acct at MG or WU.  That's why so many were banned a few years back and also why there is a "cap" on what you can send out too per month.  Oh and also there's big issues if you'e wiring to EU right now due to terror attacks.  I have an American name (so american it hurts) - but didn't for a long time. I promise if I used my real name I would be targeted

I sincerely hope this makes sense at this hour 

So don't be scared because nothing we do is private, just try and stay in the grey area 

Last edited by a moderator:
I used WU online to send to EU just the other day and no questions were asked money went straight through...

VCH

What is the cap that a person can send every month?  Every time I use MG (at a brick and mortar location) I can't help but get the feeling that someone's wagging their finger at me.

Thanks!

lol "brick and mortar" ;)  

Last I was told by MG was 2k per 30 calendar days and I found out the hard way that this includes refunds

so say you send 300 and they call you - deny it - refund it - you go and pick it up = 600 

Absolute bullshit but that's how it operates. 

WU is way easier than MG (I think) as far as things going through.  Sending to EU isn't going to be an issue in SOME areas. These operations aren't stupid, they crack their whips to remind us to stop being sloppy.

Drugbuyersguide Shoutbox
  1. robert1975 @ robert1975: @CnC5 as @xenxra mentioned, they are on the international list. Somehow they are still allowed to take orders from US subscribers.
  2. xenxra @ xenxra: @CnC5 theyre on the international list
  3. CnC5 @ CnC5: @robert1975 whats v10?
  4. xenxra @ xenxra: yeah that is pretty f'd, thanks for the heads up.
  5. robert1975 @ robert1975: Even worse, they know this yet continue to take orders from the US and will not give coin back. That's fucked up.
  6. robert1975 @ robert1975: If anyone has questions about V10.... they CANNOT get anything into the USA, regardless of what they tell you. I have proof if anyone needs it.
  7. porkandbeansboy @ porkandbeansboy: I think it's safe to say that we are all grateful for this place. Everyone here on these forums that is lol. :)
  8. FunkyFlirt911 @ FunkyFlirt911: DBG new Feature unlocked :D
  9. aenima1336 @ aenima1336: Either it's a bug or he paid a lot? 🤣
  10. xenxra @ xenxra: why is groot listed five times in a row on the banner at the top?
  11. C @ Careb3ar: Stay safe everyone!
  12. H @ hillbillie: thank you DBG for keeping me safe as can be in this market!
  13. K @ knofflebon: Hope yallz havin a decent weekend
  14. P @ player72: Oy vey that comments section on the pneu ork poast
  15. CnC5 @ CnC5: @knofflebon lmao damn thats crazy 🤪
  16. K @ knofflebon: Oof, kriss kross “tonight’s tha night” came on randomly. Feeling so old
  17. lucas007 @ lucas007: @knofflebon Lol, So funny,
  18. K @ knofflebon: Lol, as a famous singer once said, it’s like rain on your wedding day, or a free ride when you’ve already paid….
  19. xenxra @ xenxra: @knofflebon lol
  20. Gracie5 @ Gracie5: @knofflebon thanks for sharing! Holy buckets!
Back